Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How short is IMTX? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
108.7 miles
Is what I'm getting when you calculate speed and times on the Ironman tracker.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I had done it this year! Just my luck.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
the run course downhill? that seems to be a trend in USA these days... all marathons downhill promoting easy BQ

Nope. Pancake flat all the way around.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its so short ironman said on the facebook event page that no records will be recognized.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [scottim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scottim wrote:
challenge roth has correct distances.

No it doesn't. The bike is about 1.5km short and the run last year was 41.6km on my GPS, so probably at least 800m short.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I'm seeing coming in on Strava, run course looks legit. Those were some crazy fast runs today.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
From what I'm seeing coming in on Strava, run course looks legit. Those were some crazy fast runs today.

Yes the run course is 26.2 - I think I got 26.17 which is close enough, especially since the GPS will be a bit screwed by the tree cover on the twisty path at some points. The bike course is just over 110 miles, same as last year. The people saying it's 108 are circulating fake news. The run conditions were also pretty hot, so Matt's run time is a legit achievement.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the bike at 110. It was a complete disgusting draft fest. All you f'ers know who you are. 40 person pelotons, seemed like no one gave half a shit about trying to ride clean and I feel like a schmuck for trying to. FOP, MOPers, female pro in the fastest male AG peloton, multiple people from the top AG teams. Complete bullshit. I soft pedaled minutes to let each one by. This is my first time at this race, is this normal? I didn't do IMFL for a reason.

Not one official on the highway handing out penalties. Did not see one person in the penalty tent. I'm obviously outraged and ranting. Wtf Ironman.

I had the run at 26.0 (started watch bit latetoo) so pretty accurate for an IM. Others had it spot on.
Last edited by: ntc: Apr 28, 18 19:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
The guy that off the bike in 50th place in 40-44 rode 4:40. Pretty absurd.

You will hear all the reports of the draft fest that it was. I swam 57, worked hard on the bike and eventually came across this group of about 20 guys literally about 2m apart from each other. I rode past all of them and they sucked my wheel for about 2 miles. Eventually I put in 3 mins at about 315w and dropped them all. Then a smaller peleton got on my wheel and about 2 mins into that I got a flat tire. They seemed really pissed that their free ride was over. So both peletons went past me while I was fixing the flat, and as I got back on (about 10 mins later) another one surrounded me. They were like leeches.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty depressing, coming from a source I trust on this issue.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there last year and swam 1:13 and rode 4:39, so I got to see a lot of people along the way. The drafting really wasn’t bad.

Rob, did you have a similar experience last year?
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checked with my garmin from last year and strava of bikes this year. Exact same 109.7. This year they had zero wind as compared to last year.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but that is pure bullshit. Matt had a good race but ran nowhere near a 2:34. Bike course was prob 177k as I’ve said which would be like you said, but run was nowhere near full distance. Just look at Matt’s splits, according to them he ran a world record in his last mile.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So no IMTX IN 2019? Looked like a very different race then last year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

I had 25.8 on my garmin. So maybe a half mile short at most

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
I was there last year and swam 1:13 and rode 4:39, so I got to see a lot of people along the way. The drafting really wasn’t bad.

Rob, did you have a similar experience last year?

No, last year I saw hardly any

Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Sorry but that is pure bullshit. Matt had a good race but ran nowhere near a 2:34. Bike course was prob 177k as I’ve said which would be like you said, but run was nowhere near full distance. Just look at Matt’s splits, according to them he ran a world record in his last mile.

You can't trust an Ironman tracker, the splits on that is way off. It said I ran 6:xx last mile and it was just under 8:00

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you miss the posts with multiple people who literally just did the race saying they had at least 26 miles? Maybe a minute short if anything. Unless they had a separate pro run course you are way off here.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

I don't think so. It's about the same as Kona. The way people behave on the bike is incredibly poor.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you at Boulder then, crap I will be in your ag next year to, FML

robgray wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

I don't think so. It's about the same as Kona. The way people behave on the bike is incredibly poor.

Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [ntc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No point in even responding to comments if you truly believe matt ran 2:34, it’s so out there I don’t even know how to respond.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:

The timing mats are not always placed where they claim to be. The timing mat before the finish was likely much closer to the finish than what Ironman claimed it to be.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On distances: my Garmin shows 177km and 42.4km, so short on the bike (like last year) and OK on the run.

Plus one on the drafting bullshit. It was despicable, with people riding cm away from the person ahead. Calling them on it didn't change a thing.

Also, I didn't see a single marshall. Not one. And neither did I see anyone in penalty tents. Last year, they were full. Needless to say, there was a lot of people with fresh legs for the run. Between that and the testosterone patch of last night, it's pretty disheartening.

http://powerful-problem-solving.com
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Arnaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes not a single marshal. And minimal SAG/mechanical support. I saw that guy on a turquoise Trek sitting on the side of the road for about 30+ minutes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else wondering what Patrick Lange’s run split would have been today???

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next