Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [Ssys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ssys wrote:
If I understood correctly, the goggles will show you the average speed each lap in the pool as opposed to a 'real-time' speed? If so, how will this translate to open water?

Its links to your GPS watch
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [Ssys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is correct for the pool mode - for example, if you were doing intervals and flipped at the 25m mark at 15 seconds, it would show your pace/100m as 1:00. If you then flipped at the 50m mark at 32 seconds it would show you one of the following (depending on which one you selected to be able to see in the app):
1. Interval Average Pace per 100: 1:04 /100m
2. Last Length Pace per 100: 1:08 /100m (17 seconds for the second 25m)

For open-water mode, it will use the GPS data from your compatible watch to display your average pace. I believe there will be some customization available for this - for example, a workout-average pace versus more of an instantaneous pace (I'm not allowed to give too many details, but think of the options for your power metrics on a bike or your pace metrics on a run!)
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
That is correct for the pool mode - for example, if you were doing intervals and flipped at the 25m mark at 15 seconds, it would show your pace/100m as 1:00. If you then flipped at the 50m mark at 32 seconds it would show you one of the following (depending on which one you selected to be able to see in the app):
1. Interval Average Pace per 100: 1:04 /100m
2. Last Length Pace per 100: 1:08 /100m (17 seconds for the second 25m)

For open-water mode, it will use the GPS data from your compatible watch to display your average pace. I believe there will be some customization available for this - for example, a workout-average pace versus more of an instantaneous pace (I'm not allowed to give too many details, but think of the options for your power metrics on a bike or your pace metrics on a run!)

Thanks, this makes it clear! Looking forward to the seeing all the details, and hopefully a broader spectrum of compatible devices down the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love that you thought about us ‘no compatible’ types! Thank you for the intel—that gives me great hope.

Xo
Meg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to bump this thread before we host our first of the webinar series for FORM (tomorrow at 10am PST/1pm EST). Here's the link to sign-up, and I've replied to my message with more details. This one is called: An Introduction to FORM Smart Swim Goggles and will be hosted by two-time Olympian Scott Dickens.

Hope to see some of you there!

https://www.bigmarker.com/...M-Smart-Swim-Goggles
Last edited by: kerikstri: Jul 8, 20 18:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will this webinar be recorded?
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris!

Yup, the webinar will be fully recorded and available after-the-fact if you are unable to attend. If you can fit it into your schedule though, I highly recommend attending live to be able to directly interact with our presenter and ask questions (and get instant answers live).

Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update of when the open water goggles will be released and available?
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi tri3ba,

No updates quite yet, but this will be the first place I post as soon as we announce it!

Keith
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:
Any update of when the open water goggles will be released and available?

To help with any confusion-there isn't any open water goggles being released-its a software update to the existing model.

kerikstri please correct me if Im wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dunno

Yup, you are correct. Open water will simply be a software update for the existing goggles. No need to worry if you are already an owner, you'll just be prompted to update in the app once we launch!

Thanks for the clarity check on that too, I just realized that may have been unclear from the original question!

Keith
Last edited by: kerikstri: Jul 9, 20 16:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi again everyone!

In anticipation of FORM launching our open water modes (I promise its so so so close now!!!), I just wanted to let you guys know that we will be hosting our second webinar next Thursday, July 30th at 10am PST. This one will be entirely focussed on open water (I'm telling you it is that close to being launched!), and will again be hosted by 2-time Olympic swimmer, Scott Dickens. I will also be there live to help answer all your open-water questions - we hope to see you there!

Here is the link to register: https://www.bigmarker.com/...-2020-07-23-11-00-am

And, again, please feel free to ask any questions (either directly on this thread or via PM)
Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to bump this thread again for our Open Water webinar next Thursday at 10am PST. We actually had to upgrade our webinar platform subscription for this one as we reached our old maximum number of registrants... so spots are filling up quick!! Be sure to sign up to listen to 2-time olympic swimmer, Scott Dickens, discuss open-water swimming and how to use our goggles to make your open water training more effective (especially when pools are closed is some places still!). The formal presentation with be about 30 minutes, followed by a Q and A period where we will be answering your questions live.

Here is the link again:
https://www.bigmarker.com/...-2020-07-23-11-00-am

Hope to "see" you there!
Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanted to add that I bought these googles when they first came out last year. I am a super fan :). They are still going strong. The app is incredibly clean and groups strokes, intervals and lots of other data seamlessly.

The company is incredibly responsive with top notch customer support. Met some of them at their Kona booth last year and it's obvious that they are passionate about what they are doing.
Last edited by: TGlynn: Jul 27, 20 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [TGlynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments TGlynn! I let our team know how much you enjoy them. Hope you are ready for some exciting news dropping later this week as per our latest instagram posts!

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

Also we are nearing capacity for our open-water webinar this coming Thursday at 10am PST - make sure to sign up and reserve your spot here:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone!

As promised, huge news today as we officially launch OPEN WATER with FORM Smart Swim Goggles!!!

As of today, you should be prompted to update your FORM app on your phone, update the firmware on your goggles, and the app will take you through pairing your compatible watch. And for Garmin users, please note the following info: https://support.formswim.com/...rticles/360052377913 ... unfortunately their recent issues are still affecting adding in new connectIQ data fields so you are not able to add in the new FORM data field. Definitely still download the new updates on our side though, and I can give you tips on how to best use "goggles-only" mode in the meantime.

Here you can watch Sarah Crowley and I using our goggles in the open water and teasing Lionel Sanders a little bit (always have to bring Lionel into a post since we are on Slowtwitch, right?)

""

Finally, its not too late to sign up for our webinar session tomorrow morning at 10am PST where we talk all things open-water: https://www.bigmarker.com/...-2020-07-23-11-00-am
Last edited by: kerikstri: Jul 29, 20 5:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on a tip I got from your tech support, rebooting the watch (in my case a series 5 apple watch) was the key to getting this upgrade to work. The 'track on watch' option for open water got me to a point where even though the watch app said it had GPS and a connection to the goggles, the start button was still greyed out / inactive. After rebooting the watch, that button is now blue and active.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am considering a pair of these for OWS. DC Rainmaker posted a review of the OWS update yesterday where he talked all things open water and these goggles. One thing he noticed was that the watch and goggles needed to be on the same side as well as the same side you breathe (or bilateral breathing will be necessary) to get accurate data. Can you comment on this?

Also, I wear my watch on my left arm which is also the side I breathe on. Is the nosepiece removable such that I could reverse to the left side of my face? Will the metrics then be displayed upside down or is there a setting change to reorient the data fields. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [scooter23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi scooter23,

Yup, for sure I can help clear these confusions up!

So, yes, that is correct that the goggle module and watch must be on the same side as well as the same side that you will breath to (either through bilateral breathing or single sided with the watch/goggle/breath all matching). So for someone that likes to breath to the right, we recommend the watch and goggles also be on the right (and the opposite for left breathers). This is so that the goggles and watch maintain a stable connection - the BLE technology that is used for data transfer doesn't maintain as reliable of a connection through water. By having the goggles/watch/breath all on the same side, your arm will be passing by the goggle module everytime you breath which will facilitate the connection (the data transfers perfectly in air!).

And definitely, the goggles are fully reversible and are designed specifically so that the display can be either on the left or right side. The standard out-of-the-box setting is for the right side, but within the settings menu there is an option for left side. As you hinted towards, this simply flips the metrics so they are the correct orientation. Also, the nose bridges are removable (we provide 7 different sizes to fit as much of the population as possible!) And actually, most of the supplied nose bridges are completely symmetrical (other than the 2 high-clearance ones for us that have larger noses).

Hope these help, and let me know if you have any other questions!
Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the clarifications.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi again!

Just wanted to pop the link in here for the Open Water Swim webinar recording from last week in case anyone missed it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bumping this thread one more time for the Open-Water Webinar before the open-water launch discount code expires (gets you $30 off a pair of FORM goggles until Saturday!). The code is 'openwater' and is valid on our website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goggles turned up today.

Did all the setup. But when I select the open water swim, and it starts looking for my Garmin Fenix 6 pro, it just keeps looking.

I did the app install and added form to the field.

Turned everything off and on.

Turned the watch on.
Started open water swim
Turned goggles on
Selected open water swim and record on watch not goggles. It begins searching and never finds it.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi PJC,

Sorry you are having trouble with linking your watch! Ill pm you right now to get this solved!

Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure if this has been answered but I have a Garmin Fenix 5S and was curious if I would be able to view my HR through the Form goggles using a Garmin HR strap and the Fenix 5S? It appears that the 5S is not compatible with the Form goggles according to website but I’ve seen conflicting info so wanted to see if anyone could clarify?
Quote Reply

Prev Next