Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the pictures in your last post aren't showing
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suck at this

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try imgur for image hosting. Free and easier to use than google
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i see your pics just fine. you did it right. looks good so far. am interested in the results.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
am interested in the results.
Me too!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got back from the tunnel... need to crunch the data. Lots of things to figure out. Position changes on the Alpha One were ridiculous. 30 seconds tops.

Big take-aways that really aren't news: P4 doesn't sail well at yaw, Giro Aerohead best for me, I'm not getting much faster than .235 at 0 (full IM livery) no matter what I do.

Super happy that I decided to do a P4 project bike.

More to follow.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pic .. waiting loop for data and outcome ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super cool. Can't wait to see what you found out. Thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trying to see if there's any differences here...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t know why...but a nicely built P4 is the sexiest bike IMO. P5 looks good, but the P4 pic is slayer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your right leg is down more in the second picture, the bikes are different colors, are those kind of differences you’re looking for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious questions (not being a smart asre here) - how far up the road can you see with your position + the chosen helmet ? And tied to that, what are the roads like where you train and race ?
(We have some bike-swallowing holes where I live so need a decent distant-view ahead to avoid punctures / smashing wheels / worse).

Btw both bikes are luuurverly.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gif shows the differences of Mr. EricMPro positions on his bikes ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol.

Positional changes that might affect the data. I tried very hard to make the contact points on both bikes the same.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not very far.

Couple of things going on here... first I’m doing my “all in” state time trial shrug and turtle and second, I’m focusing on the same point in the tunnel 10m away in order to keep my head position exactly the same and hopefully keep the data consistent.

BobAjobb wrote:
Serious questions (not being a smart asre here) - how far up the road can you see with your position + the chosen helmet ? And tied to that, what are the roads like where you train and race ?
(We have some bike-swallowing holes where I live so need a decent distant-view ahead to avoid punctures / smashing wheels / worse).

Btw both bikes are luuurverly.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly think that the difference I’m seeing is due to the 15mm bottom bracket height difference between the bikes.

Thanks for the cool gif :)

sausskross wrote:
The gif shows the differences of Mr. EricMPro positions on his bikes ..

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I couldn’t pass up the chance to get it. Just sad it’s taken me two years to get it together.

applenutt wrote:
Don’t know why...but a nicely built P4 is the sexiest bike IMO. P5 looks good, but the P4 pic is slayer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your pad or hand angles?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s 15 degrees i think

Fishbum wrote:
What's your pad or hand angles?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because of the 15mm difference in bb drop maybe the back also looks very slightly more bent and therefore is a little more air space under the abdomen on the P4 ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
Because of the 15mm difference in bb drop maybe the back also looks very slightly more bent and therefore is a little more air space under the abdomen on the P4 ..

In addition the BB also moves 2cm back on the P4 as it also goes down (380 vs 400 RC)

I can’t really tell too much difference though except for slight differences in the hands, and already mentioned slight change in back shape.

ETA: Back shape could change slightly due to place in pedal stroke....all things equal should seat be slightly higher on P5???

Maurice
Last edited by: mauricemaher: Apr 6, 19 21:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surprised you're "only" .235 based on eyeball windtunnel. Though maybe I'm biased from looking at the AeroCoach stuff where everyone is somehow sub 0.2 regardless of how they look.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah me too... le sigh. That makes me .01 slower than last time, despite a couple "better" items (tires, shoes). OTOH, I did come up 10mm since I'm getting old and can't see. My shoulders also aren't as flexible and the shrug and turtle game is fading. Even so, the data is befuddling me.

trail wrote:
Surprised you're "only" .235 based on eyeball windtunnel. Though maybe I'm biased from looking at the AeroCoach stuff where everyone is somehow sub 0.2 regardless of how they look.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 vs. Cervelo P5: The Definitive Wind Tunnel Test [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Boarman tunnel says I'm ~ .191 long course. My splits and Notio suggest otherwise. More like .215. Lots of low CdA for testers over here. I dont see it reflected in their results though.

At any rate that P4 is nasty.
Quote Reply

Prev Next