Primary questions to answer in the tunnel:
1. What is the rider off and rider on CdA for a baseline P4
2. What is the rider off and rider on CdA for a baseline P5
3. What are the best hydration and storage options for the P5
a. BTA vs. modified Torhans Aero 30
b. Modified Specialized Fuel Cell vs. Yann's Bike Xcessories draft box vs. both
c. BTS vertical, BTS horizontal, double BTS ala Sebbie Keinle, double BTS Fizik Mistica mount
Secondary questions to answer:
1. What is the effect of a Zipp NSW 808 vs. HED GT3 on the P4?
2. What is the best helmet for my position given any new helmets at the tunnel?
3. What is the best skinsuit for my position given latest suits on the market?
1. Modify P4 bottle to fit Vittoria Pit Stop
2. Switch P4 extensions to USE Tula 50 degree to allow BTA bottle to fit
3. Swap cranks and front wheel on P4 for baseline test
4. Bar tape for the P4
5. Prep BTS options for quick changes using spare P5 seatpost and Mistica Saddle
6. Figure out a solution for the SRAM eTap blip boxes for the baseline test.
a. remove the blip boxes and hide the cables inside the Aduro bar
b. leave the blip boxes as is and run a BTA bottle as baseline
7. Procure a really good textured skin suit or two to test.
1. I don't expect the rider-off CdA to be the greatest due to the eTap situation as well as the 20* angled pads, big-ass ski bends, and potentially a BTA bottle with a Garmin 510 sticking off.
2. The rear discs will be different for the test. P5 will run a Super 9, but the P4 will run a Zipp 900 tubular because the Super 9 is barely rideable in the P4 frame given the rear brake situation.
3. With the P5 baseline I hope to replicate my .22 at the A2 tunnel from a couple of years ago. There will be some differences, mainly better shoes (Giro) and a BTA bottle shielding the eTap blip box. I'm also probably a little lighter.
4. Things that will remain the same from my last test will be helmet, skinsuit, wheels, tires, tire pressure, and frame storage
5. I will test at 0* and 10* of yaw
6. I tried a hundred ways but the only way to get smooth braking on the P4 was to route the cable out through the top of the Aduro cover and down into the frame, "properly". All other options affected the cabling.
7. The fit coordinates are *slightly* off but it works. The P4 is 5mm shorter and 5mm lower than the P5 at pad rear, but by keeping saddle to extension tips constant and bringing elbows up 5mm on pads it evens out.
8. The bentos are not the same, obviously. I picked the ones I liked best for each bike, ie. the one that mated with the stem the best.
Cervelo P5 58cm, Aduro bars w/ modified extra low mount, USE Tula 50* extensions, angled pad spacers from the UK, Quarq 165mm 55-42 cranks, Fizik Mistica 65mm, Profile Design bento, Zipp Super 9 disc and 808 NSW front, Vittoria Corsa Speed 23mm w/ latex tubes, frame storage box, SRAM eTap
Cervelo P4 58cm, Aduro bars w/ Zipp Vuka Wing reach modification hack, USE Tula 40*extensions, angled pad spacers from the UK, TriRig OmegaX brake, SRM 170mm 55-42 cranks, Fizik Mistica 65mm, Torhans bento, Zipp 900 tubular disc and HED GT3 tubular front, Vittoria Corsa Speed 23mm tubular tires, P4 bottle for storage, SRAM eTap
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames