Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
The guy that finishes with her at 4:30 is not the same guy at 4:31 even though their kits are similar. Look at the shoes and the hat.

Nice catch. I just did a quick glance over on the kit. Clearly I need another cup of coffee.

Honestly, this is really lame and I now nominate the female pro as the D-Bag of the year. She interfered with another racer after completing the course and then had the nerve to get pissy at him? Are you kidding? Maybe he didn't apologize because she wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

this is the correct take...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
The guy that finishes with her at 4:30 is not the same guy at 4:31 even though their kits are similar. Look at the shoes and the hat.

Nice catch. I just did a quick glance over on the kit. Clearly I need another cup of coffee.

Honestly, this is really lame and I now nominate the female pro as the D-Bag of the year. She interfered with another racer after completing the course and then had the nerve to get pissy at him? Are you kidding? Maybe he didn't apologize because she wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

How do you gather she interfered? She was asked to reenact the finish. As she was coming in behind him, its up to the officials to know when to hold up the banner. They hold it up early, he grabs, she laughs, reset. His race was not affected at all. I also dont see him as a DB though. Misunderstanding but no malice from either party. The onus is on IM to get it right the first time or know when to stage the reenactment. They are the ones to blame for the whole situation.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

How do you gather she interfered? She was asked to reenact the finish. As she was coming in behind him, its up to the officials to know when to hold up the banner. They hold it up early, he grabs, she laughs, reset. His race was not affected at all. I also dont see him as a DB though. Misunderstanding but no malice from either party. The onus is on IM to get it right the first time or know when to stage the reenactment. They are the ones to blame for the whole situation.

You’re misinterpreting.

I seconded the nomination, not for what she did at the race, but for what she did on Twitter and Slowtwitch after.

Also, it’s a joke. There’s no *actual* award being handed out here. I’m sure both of them are both cool and attractive and above average.

Le sigh...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Mugen_EP wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

You’re misinterpreting.

I seconded the nomination, not for what she did at the race, but for what she did on Twitter and Slowtwitch after.

Also, it’s a joke. There’s no *actual* award being handed out here. I’m sure both of them are both cool and attractive and above average.

Le sigh...

If there was an actual award, I'm sure the "Conor McGregor" dude would love to receive it and break it over his knee!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is the lad who keeps posting on here for training advice, rejecting all of the input, looking for shortcuts like "does a sauna improve my FTP" and generally being rude to anybody that tries to help him? Bigmaclad or something.

Him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
but for what she did on Twitter and Slowtwitch after.

What she did on Twitter and Slowtwitch was (paraphrasing), "This was kind of funny, but not a big deal."

I don't see an issue with her at all.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t see an issue either

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM now has another option when registering for a race. They call it the VVIP ticket

For $200 extra they have the volunteers hold up a Finish Banner when you cross the finish line
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody watch the Hooli Cares Triathlon? This guy Gavin Belson is cutting the course with his entourage.

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [jorgegr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top notch sleuthing... I win D-bag of the year!

You should have seen the part where I used Jay, my doppelganger bib mule, to run the last 5mi of the 10k run. I still got it!

jorgegr wrote:
Anybody watch the Hooli Cares Triathlon? This guy Gavin Belson is cutting the course with his entourage.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [superfit08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
superfit08 wrote:
And he didn’t know it was a re-enactment. So still kind of a dick move. I didn’t post anymore about it because i was busy training.

You are slamming this guy because he got in the way of your promo photo and now on the Ironwoman Facebook page he is being slaughtered as some kind of asshole because you got in the way of his finishing moment.

I get it you won a 70.3 but is your 15 minutes of fame worth this poor bastard copping shit from the feminist triathletes because they have totally misrepresented what actually happened.You finished,you then went back and stood in the middle of the finishers lane and obstructed another finisher for a promo photo.

Now the president of Triathlon Australia Michelle Cooper has waged in to call this guy out as some kind of asshole and that is just plain unfair. That is just fucked up! Shame on you!

https://www.facebook.com/...t=feed_comment_reply
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Dec 6, 19 3:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You clearly were trying to stir the pot for that dude. "kind of a dick move" "he did not apologize", etc. You deliberately only told part of the story when you posted. Superfit = Superlame. The entire incident is not a big deal, but don't play it off like you are all cool about it while some finisher you were interfering with gets nuked online.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
You clearly were trying to stir the pot for that dude. "kind of a dick move" "he did not apologize", etc. You deliberately only told part of the story when you posted. Superfit = Superlame. The entire incident is not a big deal, but don't play it off like you are all cool about it while some finisher you were interfering with gets nuked online.

This
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Nerd wrote:

This

Why is this taking so long? Of course it's this. This thread should have been over immediately after "staged photo".

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
If there was an actual award, I'm sure the "Conor McGregor" dude would love to receive it and break it over his knee!

For the record: I do not care for Conor McGregor and his antics, nor anyone who does, nor anyone who imitates him

So there

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Nerd wrote:

This

Why is this taking so long? Of course it's this. This thread should have been over immediately after "staged photo".

OP needs to revise original post and declare Kelsey Withrow the D-bag of the year winner. #triathlon #winning #D-bag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Picture of Gavin Nelson with his doppelganger jay the bib mule. What a D-Bag! ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I posted this On my Facebook The intention was not to nuke this guy. It was funny because of my reaction. i covered his number and his face. I feel really bad that he is getting blasted. when I finished there was no finishers tape so I was told to go back and run through the finish. I made sure no one was around and started running, he came around the corner and sprinted. I laughed about it even at the race. I’m not a mean person and never intended for this to blow up like it has.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
superfit08 wrote:
I feel really bad that he is getting blasted.... I’m not a mean person and never intended for this to blow up like it has...

You need to fix this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few times a year I listen to "This is Water" (it's a speech that David Foster Wallace gave at a commencement). I will listen when I am in my car driving headed to my office or the airport. I highly recommend it. I need it as a reminder from time to time that the world does not revolve around ME. You can find the audio online on a podcast search or YT.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
.... I need it as a reminder from time to time that the world does not revolve around ME.....

If you need a reminder of this, maybe you should win D-bag of the year.....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Nerd wrote:
.... I need it as a reminder from time to time that the world does not revolve around ME.....

on the other hand, the person who acknowledges the need for a reminder may be the one least likely to be a d-bag.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The evolution of this thread is another reason why ST is the source for all things tri. No fake news here!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Nerd wrote:

This

OP needs to revise original post and declare Kelsey Withrow the D-bag of the year winner. #triathlon #winning #D-bag

how about if we crown gavin belson d-bag of the year and put this to bed?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Nerd wrote:

on the other hand, the person who acknowledges the need for a reminder may be the one least likely to be a d-bag.

Dan, I have nothing against you and I LOVE this site and I acknowledge that making the above statement may make you fell all warm & fuzzy inside, but no. Just no. Only a true D-bag would ever, for even a millisecond, think that the world revolves around him/her.

ETA: no reminder should ever be needed.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Dec 6, 19 8:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next