Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isnt that guy violating the rules with his exposed mid-section and half zipped top. Thought i remember seeing a whole thread about that a few months back.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Different guy, although looks like the same team - look at the socks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From 2014, but this dude takes d-baggery to a whole other level

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Which guy? The guy who takes the spoon away from the guy ahead of him in line, or the guy who uses his hands? I'd say it's a tie.

Or the organizers who broke the first rule of buffet lines: have lines on both sides of the table?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot about this one... Pure gold.

RandMart wrote:

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChasingPB wrote:
Conor McGregor is just plain funny

You couldn't have made a funnier over the top celebration video if you tried. It's amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [superfit08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
superfit08 wrote:
Thank you! I was not trying to start anything at all. But he did not apologize or even look at me at the finish. It’s ok though!

Race-brain is real - many people are not thinking clearly (if at all) at the end of a hard race! He may have had no thoughts at all about the banner or that it was not for him. He also probably had no idea that you were the champion waiting to take another photo (congrats!)

But also, he really should be given the right of way here and the finish line should have been cleared out for him. What was he supposed to do, delay finishing until the staged photo op was over? I don't think we need to give this guy too hard of a time. The real fuck-up was not having the banner up for your actual finish, but this guy is getting all the criticism instead.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
The real fuck-up was not having the banner up for your actual finish, but this guy is getting all the criticism instead.

1. Forget the finish line banner, pass blame to winner.
2. Make winner stage finish line photo
3. Athlete accidentally interrupts staged photo op, winner passes blame to athlete on Twitter
4. Winner totally "forgets" to include small detail that fake finish photo was staged, Twitter erupts.
5. "Winner", now only in quotations, comes on ST to "clear the air".
6. Profit

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it has to be Wurf, and I hope he would take it as the high compliment which I intend it to be.

But if it is just from these two, the tape snatcher. I have no issue at all with the Conor scene. I would rather see that than some guy keel over dead from exhaustion.

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a post on this IMAZ Face Book page where a woman wasn't going to make the bike cut-off, and came upon a guy whose bike was broken beyond repair. This woman graciously offered her bike to this guy (who she didn't know) and he took it to finish the race. When she went to retrieve her bike after the race, it was broken and all messed up. No note, no thanks, no nothing. At last read, she had the guys bib number, but no resolution yet. I think he at least gets an honorable mention, unless there's more to the story (so far only one side has been told).

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
Thomas,

Did you go and look at the Finisherpix photos on their website?

Heres the link if you didn't
http://www.finisherpix.com/...hotos/en/usd/3283/20

It's clearly staged. They close the line together, at 4:30:17 then come back and stage a photo at 4:31:05. It's pretty funny

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
superfit08 wrote:
First of all if you can see my reaction I was laughing .
And 2, the reason why it was a reenactment was because they didn’t have the banner out when I first crossed the finish line. So they asked me to go out there again so They could get photos of me grabbing the banner and then he sprinted and snatched it while i was about to grab it. I wasn’t ripping on the guy , i just thought it was funny.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I'll assume I am responding to Kelsey. Hey, I get it and I really think what matters more than anything is what happened after he crossed the finish line and when the crowd booed. At the point, I would hope he realized the banner wasn't for him and apologized. Sounds like from what I read, that he hadn't and that speaks of his character more. Beth was right, it was originally possible that he just thought everyone gets a banner like many Ironman races, but his action after he crosses the line means more to me.

And I know it is a good sequence of photos and humorous, but after a Colombian messaged and I gave it so more thought, I can understand their point of view a lot more even though I do believe an apology was in order at the very least. With that being said, and as a fellow long-time pro, we are never going to make everyone happy and will always upset people and I have done that plenty and will do so in the future too. I made a post a few year back that was similar on social and I just recently removed it because I understood how it could be taken the wrong way even though I meant it as simply amusing.

Anyway. I have often thought about making a post about you in general - praising your development. It has been truly awesome to continue to watch the fight in you and staying at it in sport. The ST crowd would be impressed with your attention to detail! And no worries, everyone will have forgotten about this by Friday.

Now, I just feel stupid. When did people put two and two together with the finisherpix. Now I really want to know what happened. This is worse than Peloton trying to goose their service making a controversial ad...

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy that finishes with her at 4:30 is not the same guy at 4:31 even though their kits are similar. Look at the shoes and the hat.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
For me it has to be Wurf, and I hope he would take it as the high compliment which I intend it to be.

But if it is just from these two, the tape snatcher. I have no issue at all with the Conor scene. I would rather see that than some guy keel over dead from exhaustion.

When I saw the thread title Wurf was my first reaction as well.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I remember it, the guy ahead, had cut into the line.

I don't remember why though.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:
There's a post on this IMAZ Face Book page where a woman wasn't going to make the bike cut-off, and came upon a guy whose bike was broken beyond repair. This woman graciously offered her bike to this guy (who she didn't know) and he took it to finish the race. When she went to retrieve her bike after the race, it was broken and all messed up. No note, no thanks, no nothing. At last read, she had the guys bib number, but no resolution yet. I think he at least gets an honorable mention, unless there's more to the story (so far only one side has been told).

Since she didn't finish, she might as well turn him in for a DQ which is the penalty for both athletes in this case. That might be some consolation.

Ironman 2019 Competition Rules 2.02 (c): "Athletes may not provide any item of equipment to an athlete competing in the same Race if it results in the donor athlete being unable to continue with his/her own Race. Such equipment includes but is not restricted to: shoes, complete bicycle, frame, wheels, and helmet. The penalty for this will be disqualification of both athletes; and ..."
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
The guy that finishes with her at 4:30 is not the same guy at 4:31 even though their kits are similar. Look at the shoes and the hat.

Nice catch. I just did a quick glance over on the kit. Clearly I need another cup of coffee.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:

So, the dude totaled 2 bikes in the same race?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my! What a good catch indeed. That's crazy.....

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Nice catch. I just did a quick glance over on the kit. Clearly I need another cup of coffee.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
isn't there video somewhere of Brownlee's little elbow nudge with Frodo after Kona?
Not DBag OTY worthy, but belongs in the discussion.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:
isn't there video somewhere of Brownlee's little elbow nudge with Frodo after Kona?
Not DBag OTY worthy, but belongs in the discussion.

I thought the conclusion to that was that Ali was actually in a bad state and nothing was intentional......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:

I wonder what she meant by "when the bike was racked, it was no longer in working order"? It's obviously super nice of her to offer her bike, but I kinda have a feeling that she may think that a flat tire would require a trip to a mechanic.

Update: the author of the thread responded with the following: "The shifter cable had snapped". Could have have happened in T2 without the guy ever knowing about it.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Dec 5, 19 14:00
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
There are so many d-bags in tri now, how do you even start to whittle the field down?

I take issue with the word now. D-bags dominated the ranks of those that call themselves triathletes for decades.

I think they come from cyclists! And it has objective reasons: increased stress results in increased defensiveness.

Runners are the most relaxed, because what could happen when you run together? You bump into other people and continue running.
Swimmers are mostly relaxed as well. Not many factors for danger. Subconsciously it's a bit more stressful, because you're semi-naked in an unknown substance very close to other semi-naked people.
Cyclists are in the worst situation. They have a very dangerous and expensive thing dangling between their legs. It surfaces less than ideal qualities in men (and woman sometimes)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Honestly, this is really lame and I now nominate the female pro as the D-Bag of the year. She interfered with another racer after completing the course and then had the nerve to get pissy at him? Are you kidding? Maybe he didn't apologize because she wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
I would have ducked under the tape and fallen to ground then apologized to whomever was supposed to take it.

I would've gone for a blazeman roll under the tape.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
There are so many d-bags in tri now, how do you even start to whittle the field down?

Not just D-bags. There are so many thieves as well. They steal from transition after the race. I've seen so many cases for the past couple of years.

Hell, I had my HR strap taken off my bike before I got into transition that morning.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next