Nominations are in:

The "Tape Snatcher": https://twitter.com/.../1202288497706459136
The "Conor McGregor": https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=osfx2ro12gel

What's your CdA?
Last edited by: G. Belson: Dec 4, 19 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d go with the guy in 40-44 men at Miamiman that insisted on starting 7 feet ahead of everyone else lined up on the beach despite being told to move back like seven times. He then proceeded to swim with fists around the first bouy hitting everyone near him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are so many d-bags in tri now, how do you even start to whittle the field down?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
There are so many d-bags in tri now, how do you even start to whittle the field down?

I take issue with the word now. D-bags dominated the ranks of those that call themselves triathletes for decades.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

I take issue with the word now. D-bags dominated the ranks of those that call themselves triathletes for decades.

This ^^

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Not just D-bags. There are so many thieves as well. They steal from transition after the race. I've seen so many cases for the past couple of years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tape snatcher is quite a nice title for him. Surely he will be outed shortly. As for the McGregor guy, I say no to Pewag guys in general now - anything out of Austria, and I get the dude is not from Austria, but the team is Austrian.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Tape snatcher is quite a nice title for him. Surely he will be outed shortly. As for the McGregor guy, I say no to Pewag guys in general now - anything out of Austria, and I get the dude is not from Austria, but the team is Austrian.

What is a Pewag?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Dec 4, 19 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A chain brand out of Austria that sponsors a tri team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daniel looked like such a tool at the finish line
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
Nominations are in:

To qualify the tape snatcher, and this doesn't absolve them, and I jumped on him too when I saw this and thought it should be a DQ personally at first, but at least one person responded to me and said the incident was not a tape snatching as it appears, and that they were doing the reenactment of the tape finish (for photography) and then they snatched it. They really need to come up with a better way to do the reenactments too. But yes, there are plenty of triathletes that are too, me, me, me.

I have no idea what happened at the finish and whether this guying potentially correcting me is correct regarding this being a reenactment, just taking a quick look at the finish time it looks like that was the case here. I would be curious if it changes anything in the opinion of anyone - I know it does of mine, def not DQ. It was reminder to me that sometimes a lot more context is needed to fairly assess a situation and I thought I was a lot more down the middle in the first place compared to some of the other comments on the Facebook feeds. I did go back and look and there was a tight race in the M40-44. Could be them. And who can argue about finishing passionately for a PR or 70.3 worlds spot, or even just a finish. And given the 1 minute difference in display time versus finish time, I would say that it is extremely plausible that that is a reenactment, in which case what obligation should Kelsey have to at least note this in fairness to the guy in mob-mentality world.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
G. Belson wrote:
Nominations are in:

To qualify the tape snatcher, and this doesn't absolve them, and I jumped on him too when I saw this and thought it should be a DQ personally at first, but at least one person responded to me and said the incident was not a tape snatching as it appears, and that they were doing the reenactment of the tape finish (for photography) and then they snatched it. They really need to come up with a better way to do the reenactments too. But yes, there are plenty of triathletes that are too, me, me, me.

I have no idea what happened at the finish and whether this guying potentially correcting me is correct regarding this being a reenactment, just taking a quick look at the finish time it looks like that was the case here. I would be curious if it changes anything in the opinion of anyone - I know it does of mine, def not DQ. It was reminder to me that sometimes a lot more context is needed to fairly assess a situation and I thought I was a lot more down the middle in the first place compared to some of the other comments on the Facebook feeds. I did go back and look and there was a tight race in the M40-44. Could be them. And who can argue about finishing passionately for a PR or 70.3 worlds spot, or even just a finish. And given the 1 minute difference in display time versus finish time, I would say that it is extremely plausible that that is a reenactment, in which case what obligation should Kelsey have to at least note this in fairness to the guy in mob-mentality world.

Hmm...

I feel like that if that were me, and that it was really a re-enactment, and that I knew it was a re-enactment, I would have done the same thing

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all if you can see my reaction I was laughing .
And 2, the reason why it was a reenactment was because they didn’t have the banner out when I first crossed the finish line. So they asked me to go out there again so They could get photos of me grabbing the banner and then he sprinted and snatched it while i was about to grab it. I wasn’t ripping on the guy , i just thought it was funny.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [superfit08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he didn’t know it was a re-enactment. So still kind of a dick move. I didn’t post anymore about it because i was busy training.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it was a reenactment; here's the "actual finish" (sucessful reinactment): https://twitter.com/KelseyWithrow/status/1201573860077981696

Personally, "tape snatcher" guy had the right of way. He was legit finishing the course; don't mess up his finish for a photo op (even if you are the winner). Wait for the lane to be clear before doing the staged finish.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Dec 4, 19 14:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you’re nominating Conor McGregor, Where’s jan frodeno’s finish line nomination?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Logistics aside, congratz on the W!

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
If you’re nominating Conor McGregor, Where’s jan frodeno’s finish line nomination?

What about Nate Diaz?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 D-Bag triathlete of the year [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Yes, it was a reenactment; here's the "actual finish" (sucessful reinactment): https://twitter.com/KelseyWithrow/status/1201573860077981696

Personally, "tape snatcher" guy had the right of way. He was legit finishing the course; don't mess up his finish for a photo op (even if you are the winner). Wait for the lane to be clear before doing the staged finish.

^^^this ^^^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
superfit08 wrote:
And 2, the reason why it was a reenactment was because they didn’t have the banner out when I first crossed the finish line. So they asked me to go out there again so They could get photos of me grabbing the banner and then he sprinted and snatched it while i was about to grab it. I wasn’t ripping on the guy , i just thought it was funny.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I'll assume I am responding to Kelsey. Hey, I get it and I really think what matters more than anything is what happened after he crossed the finish line and when the crowd booed. At the point, I would hope he realized the banner wasn't for him and apologized. Sounds like from what I read, that he hadn't and that speaks of his character more. Beth was right, it was originally possible that he just thought everyone gets a banner like many Ironman races, but his action after he crosses the line means more to me.

And I know it is a good sequence of photos and humorous, but after a Colombian messaged and I gave it so more thought, I can understand their point of view a lot more even though I do believe an apology was in order at the very least. With that being said, and as a fellow long-time pro, we are never going to make everyone happy and will always upset people and I have done that plenty and will do so in the future too. I made a post a few year back that was similar on social and I just recently removed it because I understood how it could be taken the wrong way even though I meant it as simply amusing.

Anyway. I have often thought about making a post about you in general - praising your development. It has been truly awesome to continue to watch the fight in you and staying at it in sport. The ST crowd would be impressed with your attention to detail! And no worries, everyone will have forgotten about this by Friday.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I was not trying to start anything at all. But he did not apologize or even look at me at the finish. It’s ok though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote tape snatcher. Even if it was a re-enactment, if it were me trying to ensure I get the seconds in due to a rolling start (assumption made), I would have ducked under the tape and fallen to ground then apologized to whomever was supposed to take it. The conor is definitely deserving of a nomination but he actually won the race.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
Nominations are in:

Before I opened the thread, I thought 'tape snatcher'....but having seen the second dude, I love them both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conor McGregor is just plain funny

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas,

Did you go and look at the Finisherpix photos on their website?

Heres the link if you didn't
http://www.finisherpix.com/...hotos/en/usd/3283/20

It's clearly staged. They close the line together, at 4:30:17 then come back and stage a photo at 4:31:05. It's pretty funny

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
superfit08 wrote:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I'll assume I am responding to Kelsey. Hey, I get it and I really think what matters more than anything is what happened after he crossed the finish line and when the crowd booed. At the point, I would hope he realized the banner wasn't for him and apologized. Sounds like from what I read, that he hadn't and that speaks of his character more. Beth was right, it was originally possible that he just thought everyone gets a banner like many Ironman races, but his action after he crosses the line means more to me.

And I know it is a good sequence of photos and humorous, but after a Colombian messaged and I gave it so more thought, I can understand their point of view a lot more even though I do believe an apology was in order at the very least. With that being said, and as a fellow long-time pro, we are never going to make everyone happy and will always upset people and I have done that plenty and will do so in the future too. I made a post a few year back that was similar on social and I just recently removed it because I understood how it could be taken the wrong way even though I meant it as simply amusing.

Anyway. I have often thought about making a post about you in general - praising your development. It has been truly awesome to continue to watch the fight in you and staying at it in sport. The ST crowd would be impressed with your attention to detail! And no worries, everyone will have forgotten about this by Friday.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply

Prev Next