Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Setting aside the fact that Kwaremont isn't really that good of a beer, it's also not a chugging beer (too malty).

Though I've heard (without confirmation), that they use Kwaremont 0.3 for podium beers to encourage chugging. Which makes it something even less than not really that good of a beer. But possibly less sugary, more chuggable.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Though I've heard (without confirmation), that they use Kwaremont 0.3 for podium beers to encourage chugging. Which makes it something even less than not really that good of a beer. But possibly less sugary, more chuggable.

What?! I don't believe in nothin' anymore!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:
Setting aside the fact that Kwaremont isn't really that good of a beer, it's also not a chugging beer (too malty).

So I looked up Kwaremont's offering. Always thought its only beer was a Belgian Dubbel Ale (dark amber in color and a tad malty), only to realize that the standard is a Belgian Blonde Ale (a lot light in color as to be translucent, less malty but more hoppy compared to a Dubbel). I'm not quite sure what they are drinking on the podium, as the beer looked more like a Dubbel than it does a Blonde or a Tripel (higher ABV variant of a Blonde).
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only way to solve this is one of us has to either make the podium, or else dress up like podium bois and instead of handing the glass to Pinterse, chug it real quick while running away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
time for the money today

Wout vs MVPD!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
trail wrote:

What?! I don't believe in nothin' anymore!

Blasphemy.

Love the chugging trend, led by the high profile Kusstanza.
It's fun.
The kids are alright.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
time for the money today

Wout vs MVPD!

just as I expected
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from the distance mvpd seems to be in better shape than wout. he looks very skinny and perhaps on a dif. stage of programs than wout.

last year wout was untouchable early on and then faded thorough CX and Spring classic season so let see how this year plays out.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

Love the chugging trend, led by the high profile Kusstanza.
It's fun.
The kids are alright.

I think Taddy Po was onto this before Kusstanza

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zIsgemlw23w

In any case, yes, good to see the younger generation doing things properly.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
Checking the CX schedule on FloBikes this a.m. and found this:

December 22, 2023
TIME
EVENT

5:40 AM MST

Exact Cross Mol - Zilvermeercross

Mall of Louisiana · Baton Rouge, LA

I don't recall there ever being UCI level CX racing there when I was at LSU.

Most obvious explanation is that Flo's auto-completion software stinks and took Mol (in Belgium) to mean Mall of Louisiana. Yet another sign of the lack of professionalism on Flo and/or Flo's inclinations to take the piss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race for second in the women's was the best bit. Fun to see Cant the Sand Queen in the mix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the Sandman has once again invaded everyone’s dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
And the Sandman has once again invaded everyone’s dreams.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good race for 2nd tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Good race for 2nd tho.

Both races had some good subplots.

Only 3 days to the next World Cup! Boxing Day will once again have a full complement of hitters in both the men's and women's fields.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy holidays to you & your families, gents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
You too, and the sentiment is echoed. Best wishes to the whole squad. Here's hoping for a good CX race tomorrow ( hasn't looked like anyone is in the same area code as MvdP so far).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:

You know the rules here, and you are blatantly in violation. No accusations of cheating without evidence. Rumors without evidence don't fly.

To get evidence, you could post a question on Dirty Talk (L. Brand and M. Rochette's podcast -- they are pretty good). As for me, I'm just gonna be a believer. Neither Lucinda or Brand have ever failed a test.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a great weekend. The lady's race was well worth getting up for!

That course would make me hate quit cyclocross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, @Carl. Hope everyone had an enjoyable long weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

same for u and ur fam!

fun race today - mvpd riding away on hills that everybody were running... dude is on another level and I am wondering if losing flanders to pogi gave him the motivation to lose a few lbs to be more competitive with pogi on those step climbs (now we know pogi ain't doing flanders).

there were a couple loops were mvpd couldn't increase the gap to wout so wondering if wout slowly but surely is getting in form.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, if there was any hint of MdVP looking human, it was that he appeared to tire just like everyone else.

Women's race was great. Battle for 3rd with the men was pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see Wout push him a little, but his bike handling skills are off the charts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Puck reckon loop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24QN9f3q9g

they make it look so easy lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome racing on the Zolder circuit today - both races.
Quote Reply

Prev Next