Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After yesterday's weather, I'd have to buy her the whole damn restraunt. Wore out 3 sets of brake pads in 45 minutes, got lapped by some of the uci juniors.

The winner was flying, like next level compared to the rest of the field. Interesting to see how sunday goes for those guys.

More rain this morning, drying out afternoon, looking forward to not have to run up a flowing mud River.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Last edited by: Sulliesbrew: Oct 14, 23 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd imagine that whole hill (by the Trek warehouse) to get pretty washed out with the rain and erosion due to hundreds of people climbing up it.

Think Nys Jr. rode up it last year, but I doubt anyone would be doing that this year.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m really psyched for this.

And Pieterse clears those barriers like a boss in practice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just downloaded the lanterne rouge Giro route reveal podcast for today’s long run. The pre-reveal rumours make it sound like a savage.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rui Costa signs with EF...a team full of riders who I really like and now one rider who I can't stand. In the spirit of hoping for the best, perhaps he can help the Neilson, Bettiol and himself find a balance of breakaway tactics that is somewhere between there extreme of doing all of the work and his extreme of sucking wheels.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Oct 15, 23 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, why??? I bet he not only kills breaks but also team chemistry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men's race was the good one this time. Good day for Trek, and particularly a Trek on Trek Factory Hill being the difference maker in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they worked over Iserbyt. Team tactics at work for once.

Surprised to see Vd Haar suffer. He seems to have dropped into the lower second tier (as opposed to lower first tier).

On the women’s side Van Anrooij had a really bad day and is probably regreting making a trip Stateside…

Otoh, neat to see Pieterse and another woman hop the barriers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard a crazy stat today: Pogacar has started 9 Monuments and won 5. That’s a ridiculous hit rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FloBikes is terrible. Can't even be bothered to make a decent highlight videos of any races (Tour of Turkey for example) where they have the rights. I can't find any highlight videos at all for Turkey on Youtube. Just FloBikes terrible last 5km vids. Or the video of Jay Vine attacking in Stage 7 but not him crossing the line.

No podium ceremony video? No Lutsenko celebrating his GC win? Can't imagine the sponsors or the race organizers love how it's being promoted.

Cycling seems terrible at promoting itself. Following cycling today as an American feels like trying to stream Premier League online in 2008.

The world's only show focused on duathlon 🏃‍♂️🚲🏃‍♂️
NEW EP: How to Win a 5k
https://podcasts.apple.com/...0739?i=1000641392144
https://open.spotify.com/...1ClQ5bg4dTYQjPdCR7x0
https://sites.google.com/view/andrewdbrown
Last edited by: TheDuathlonShow: Oct 15, 23 20:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Looks like they worked over Iserbyt. Team tactics at work for once.

Surprised to see Vd Haar suffer. He seems to have dropped into the lower second tier (as opposed to lower first tier).

On the women’s side Van Anrooij had a really bad day and is probably regreting making a trip Stateside…

Otoh, neat to see Pieterse and another woman hop the barriers.

I think I'd heard that Shirin was pretty knackered from her road season, but kind of had to make the trip as a Trek athlete ...

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [TheDuathlonShow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flobikes seems to put the absolute bare minimum effort into their coverage. When they just patch into the International Feed for stuff like the Tour it's fine, but their coverage of the lower level races can be pretty terrible. Sometimes it seems like they just got one of the interns who drew a short straw to call the race, and yeah, they don't really do highlight packages/recaps. I'm really hoping GCN is able to complete their global domination of cycling coverage and I no longer have to grossly overpay for the substandard coverage that Flo provides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sheesh Jumbo-Visma is becoming Jumbo Lease a Bike. Henceforth they shall become the Jumbo-LAB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Sheesh Jumbo-Visma is becoming Jumbo Lease a Bike. Henceforth they shall become the Jumbo-LAB.

Visma LAB! (It is hard to keep track the past few weeks).

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it? Though at least it actually has to do with riding bikes, unlike Norwegian business software and most sponsors, fwiw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Rui Costa signs with EF...a team full of riders who I really like and now one rider who I can't stand. In the spirit of hoping for the best, perhaps he can help the Neilson, Bettiol and himself find a balance of breakaway tactics that is somewhere between there extreme of doing all of the work and his extreme of sucking wheels.

Maybe EF can hook a trailer to the bus and put the Bettiol and Costa egos in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man that gave me and my bikes PTSD after this weekend. Was a little disappointed the course dried that much for the elite races. It was still a muddy disaster for my sunday morning race. I think it was Zoe's mechanic that I chatted with waiting to wash my bike, he was mad at how dirty the bike was after a half lap...

Last edited by: Sulliesbrew: Oct 16, 23 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good on you for slugging through the mud.

So much were caked onto our boots from just walking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On Saturday I just rode my single speed the whole race, the drive side BB bearing was seized and figured I would just wreck one bike more than wrecking both bikes.

Everything is caked in mud, boots, bikes, clothes and my truck from parking in the mud field.

I do not have a runners build, in the dry that course would have suited me well, but in the wet it just destroyed me. Looking forward to watching the rest of the season, Nys looks to be a step ahead, we will see if he can keep up with the big 3.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of those pictures is different from the others. :)

Good stuff getting out there and slogging it out. My local CX scene is nearly non-existent. I was hoping to do one that's "just" a 5-6 hour drive, but it just got "delayed" which usually means cancelled.

My gravel bike is a proper old-school CX bike that can't even run 35mm without risking frame rub, so I've got proper 33s on there ready to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
One of those pictures is different from the others. :)
quickie kit change? ;) that all looks so miserable, to me anyway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got my own rainbows on my SSCX.

Last edited by: Sulliesbrew: Oct 17, 23 7:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How has it not been mentioned that Tom Dumoulin just ran a half marathon at 5:20 pace. What's a grand tour winner need to do to get some respect on a triathlon forum, swim 100x100 on :60 first? Impressive stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tommy D has some impressive run chops indeed. 1:10:04 is pretty damn awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Win a local triathlon. Which is right on par with a GT, or maybe World Championship.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Win a local triathlon. Which is right on par with a GT, or maybe World Championship.

Challenge Ditlev to a Zwift FTP test-off so we can see who really wins at internet Watts.

Followed by a brick run on a treadmill for treadmill internet Watts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next