Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
P5 news today... brace yourselves!
Quote | Reply
No actual news here. Just news about news about to happen.

Edit. Link where I "heard" this. Nick Salazar. http://www.tririg.com/news.php

Quote:
Dec 12, 2011
So @cervelo told me: COMING JAN 18, the P5 has a "revised" braking system and "easier" geometry. That's all I know. #stopteasing
Last edited by: nickwhite: Dec 12, 11 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

That would be too funny if they announced info today...I just got an email that my S5 frameset is here :-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

Edit. Link where I "heard" this. Nick Salazar. http://www.tririg.com/news.php

Quote:
Dec 12, 2011
So @cervelo told me: COMING JAN 18, the P5 has a "revised" braking system and "easier" geometry. That's all I know. #stopteasing

oh no, "easier geometry"

guess no p5 in my future...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF is an easier geometry? More stack?

Lame.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:
oh no, "easier geometry"

What are the other options? Shiv and Speed Concept are tall too. Used P4????
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p4 is pretty much the only super bike that will fit me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least my gf and dad will be happy that I won't be trying to figure out how to sell half my apartment to get the new one haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:

If the P5 is tall enough it will save me some money... when I buy a used P4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:

P3 ... with custom bars and brakes ... especially if your race at 10-20 degree yaw.

I use a custom bar set up, so options are P3 or P4 ...

or maybe ... http://lavamagazine.com/...-info/#axzz1gGrJgr1X

Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the p3 would do pretty well with the p4 fork and a behind the stem cable port.

just speculation so far:

"But the inkling is that Cervelo may be making two iterations of the bike: A time trial version (perhaps with slacker seat angle geometry, perhaps with UCI-limiters with regard to tubeset shapes and depths) and an “unlimited” triathlon version Ths one, absent the UCI’s 3:1 tubeset ratio and seat position limitations, may have a steeper seat angle and could be unencumbered by UCI rules in terms of tubeset location, shape and depth."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering they already jack up the stack with that huge spacer instead of the shorter one I could see them raising it more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:
the p3 would do pretty well with the p4 fork and a behind the stem cable port.

just speculation so far:

"But the inkling is that Cervelo may be making two iterations of the bike: A time trial version (perhaps with slacker seat angle geometry, perhaps with UCI-limiters with regard to tubeset shapes and depths) and an “unlimited” triathlon version Ths one, absent the UCI’s 3:1 tubeset ratio and seat position limitations, may have a steeper seat angle and could be unencumbered by UCI rules in terms of tubeset location, shape and depth."

The 2012 P3 has a FK25 fork (similar to P4 FK26) and with Di2 and a small hole at the top tube, the cables can run internal and the battery can be hidden as well

Also with an eeBrake rear and Tektro centerpull front, you can build a set up a reliable stopper, can carry a usable bottle if required, and rivals the P4 at race condition higher yaw angles

The P4 is a good enough bike as well, I have owned two of them, lets see how adjustable the P5 is
Last edited by: gtingley: Dec 12, 11 12:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
at what point will a bike company say "we can't make the bike faster, but you can if you train harder".

any guesses on cost?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [cliffk110] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they are following the Shiv model with a UCI legal version as well http://www.trimes.org/...iciel-le-18-janvier/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They said "two models". I assumed that meant two different models of the same frameset, not two different framsets. Like the S5 has the S5, S5 Team, and S5 VWD. I guess it could be two different tri and TT models, but that's just not how I read it over. We'll find out soon enough I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [cliffk110] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cliffk110 wrote:
at what point will a bike company say "we can't make the bike faster, but you can if you train harder".

any guesses on cost?

the latest round of superbikes is quite a bit faster than the p3/transition era bikes.

I don't think we will ever see that much of a jump again.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't speak le french, but it appears to be saying an official announcement about the P5 will happen Jan 18th:

Translated text:

Quote:
P5 will be the official Cervelo January 18.
BY ALEXANDRE SAINT-JALMA | PUBLISHED 12 DECEMBER 2011 TO 15 H 56 MIN | UNDER EQUIPMENT , CYCLING

We just got word that Cervelo will present 18 January his new bike that will assure the new industry standard. We do not know why but we tend to believe.
The only thing we know for now is that the bike will be presented in two versions. Trimes.org allows himself to speculate that there will be a version and a version UCI UCI and not therefore intended to triathletes. Is it a reaction to the new Specialized Shiv? In fact, commercially, it is certain that Cervélo does no longer afford to relive the fiasco of the bottle of P4.We can expect a version with an angle of post and unfortunately more upright riding a "headtube" above.
As for the other rumors. Cervélo will and should show a different technology of the latest superbikes, otherwise the brand will be Toronto's accused of plagiarism, which is ironic considering the number of copies of the P3. The reaction time of Cervélo has been so long that expects something radical. Moreover, some speak of hydraulics. This is great, Sram should also get more information about the grouppo RED, which just happened to be unveiled at the same time ...
Last edited by: nickwhite: Dec 12, 11 13:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
I don't speak le french, but it appears to be saying an official announcement about the P5 will happen next Sunday, Jan 18th:

Translated text:

Quote:
BY ALEXANDRE SAINT-JALMA | PUBLISHED 12 DECEMBER 2011 TO 15 H 56 MIN | UNDER EQUIPMENT , CYCLING

We just got word that Cervelo will present 18 January his new bike that will assure the new industry standard. We do not know why but we tend to believe.
The only thing we know for now is that the bike will be presented in two versions. Trimes.org allows himself to speculate that there will be a version and a version UCI UCI and not therefore intended to triathletes. Is it a reaction to the new Specialized Shiv? In fact, commercially, it is certain that Cervélo does no longer afford to relive the fiasco of the bottle of P4.We can expect a version with an angle of post and unfortunately more upright riding a "headtube" above.
As for the other rumors. Cervélo will and should show a different technology of the latest superbikes, otherwise the brand will be Toronto's accused of plagiarism, which is ironic considering the number of copies of the P3. The reaction time of Cervélo has been so long that expects something radical. Moreover, some speak of hydraulics. This is great, Sram should also get more information about the grouppo RED, which just happened to be unveiled at the same time ...

Does the French mess up your months too :)
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if there are any actual race results that can substantiate that "fact."
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
I don't speak le french, but it appears to be saying an official announcement about the P5 will happen next Sunday, Jan 18th:

Translated text:

Quote:

Does the French mess up your months too :)

Doh!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a Freudian slip-confusing the announcement of the P5 with Christmas ;^)
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobby11 wrote:
Wonder if there are any actual race results that can substantiate that "fact."

I'm not sure how a race result could even speak to that. I mean you could claim craig's kona record suggests it is true.

except the orbea wasn't as fast as a p3

I mean do you do you not believe wind exists in real races? =)

and of course by "a lot" I mean "40 seconds per 40k" which is only a lot to time trialists really...though I have had multisport events come down to less time than that!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Dec 12, 11 13:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:

oh no, "easier geometry"

Damn it! This was going to be my next bike. Easier geometry = turn off

http://www.frostyjunction.com/
https://twitter.com/FrostyJunction
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [FrostyJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't even know what easier geometry means.
Quote Reply

Prev Next