Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [motoxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll see if the bridge is "closed" or not in one month. It could very well be that Cervelo is moving the goalposts WAY out there. If the choice is to be on what everyone else is on, but be on the fastest equipment, I'd choose that over knowingly choosing an inferior design just to be different EVERY TIME
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
We'll see if the bridge is "closed" or not in one month. It could very well be that Cervelo is moving the goalposts WAY out there. If the choice is to be on what everyone else is on, but be on the fastest equipment, I'd choose that over knowingly choosing an inferior design just to be different EVERY TIME

I'm with you, if they smoked all the other bikes it would make sense to jump on board. However, do you really think that is going happen after all the advances lately? I highly doubt it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoxxx wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:

I'm with you, if they smoked all the other bikes it would make sense to jump on board. However, do you really think that is going happen after all the advances lately? I highly doubt it.

Considering the P4 is essentially on even footing with everyone's new bikes, yeah, and that we all know the P5 is going to be another level of development on the P4. It will absolutely be faster than the current iteration of the P4. Therefore, I'm certain the P5 will be one step ahead of the others. They didn't spend all this time on development to have no gains
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Motoxxx is just upset with me because I just pointed out that he spent his money on an inferior product just before something much better comes out. As far as being a "CERVELO BOY" I actually do not race a Cervelo and am only on a Planet X Stealth. I understand that Cervelo is faster but until I am racing full time again I will not be on a cervelo and only racing cheap carbon.

If I was smart I would have converted my SLC to full aero and raced that as I would venture a guess that setting up the SLC would have been faster than the Stealth built up the same way.

The P5 will put Cervelo out in front yet again and while everyone else is playing catch up once again, Cervelo will already be planning the next awesome step forward. Everyone is aways playing catch up with them. THEY ARE THE TRIATHLON bike on the decade.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are the triathlon bike of the decade. And they have been at the top of the Kona counts, and Dan has said a bit on this. An interesting stat would be to look at the age of the Cervelo bikes that are still in the count. How many are more than a couple of years old? And, how many folks are simply replacing a 2-5 year old Cervelo with another one vs. one of the other new bikes. I have a few athletes who have replaced a Cervelo with a Cervelo in the last year or so. I have an almost equal number who have opted for something else like a Speed Concept instead of a Cervelo. On our late start normal Saturday ride today of the Cervelos that were seen, only one was a newer model S5. We only saw one 2011 P3. The other tri bikes that I saw were all at 2010s at the newest...yes I am a bike dork and notice these things.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo saw a niche market, went after it and were smart enough to always keep evolving. They set the bar, and while eveyone else is playing catch up, they are just one or two steps ahead. They are just the best in this market. Other companies are just better at other more main stream applications in the bicycling marketplace and finally are catching up to the P4 in the triathlon side of things.

If you think that Cervelo is not already working on the Px and Pxx already then you are kidding yourself. Being a manufacturer in another arena, we see improvements while we are doing our Alpha and Beta versions and keep these ideas in our back pocket for the next version. Cervelo I am sure does the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aerodynamically, the others are playing catch up. But outside of that there really isn't much 'catching up' to do with the P4 in most terms simply because it is not 'that' popular of a bike. Yes, it was a fast bike. I rode a 2010 and now ride the 2011, and it is very nice, and I think that it is a bit unfortunate that it is going away. But the simple fact is that regardless of how fast it is...you don't see many of them on the road. So, in some respects being 'that' fast didn't matter for the P4. The P5 will be faster and it will be more user friendly. Cervelo made that clear at Brain Bike in July.

My point is to not discount the impact that Cervelo has had on the tribike market or how fast or how revolutionary their bikes are. My point was more along the lines of while they are still at the top of the bike counts, etc. I would wonder what the breakdown is of newer vs older models in those counts. That may say a bit more about how much 'catching up' the other folks are doing in those counts. If the number of new Cervelos vs. new Treks or new Specialized bikes is not as strong, then some of those other manufacturers have 'caught up' to Cervelo in some of the metrics that really matter...new bikes on the road.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>you don't see many of them on the road.

x2. P3s and P2s all over the place. Seeing a P4 is still a rare event for me, even two years in.

My pure speculation is that Cervelo - along with more geometry flexibility - may have done some re-design for manufacturability, making the design elements of the P4 more cheaply producable. From the various delays and tweaks I suspect that there's something about manufacturing the P4 that's been kind of an albatross for Cervelo. Could be totally wrong...just guessing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are living in a dream world if you think Cervelo is going to be a big step ahead of the others. Look at the results of the P4 and how great it is for triatletes, the results are pethetic, do not really think for a second that the P5 is going to set the world on fire?. You will have the MOP'ers buying then and quess what, they will still be MOP'ers.

justkeepedaling wrote:
motoxxx wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:

Considering the P4 is essentially on even footing with everyone's new bikes, yeah, and that we all know the P5 is going to be another level of development on the P4. It will absolutely be faster than the current iteration of the P4. Therefore, I'm certain the P5 will be one step ahead of the others. They didn't spend all this time on development to have no gains
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your post was pethetic
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>you don't see many of them on the road.

x2. P3s and P2s all over the place. Seeing a P4 is still a rare event for me, even two years in.

This is just shocking, I mean I am shocked to the point of nearly fainting. That you would see significantly more of two bikes that have not only been out since 2006/2007 but also cost 61 percent and 39 percent of the p4 frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 58cm 2008 P2C that I love. I sold a QR Caliente when the frame went out of warranty, and I bought the Cervelo because of the lifetime warranty on the frame and the ability to ride in a more aggressive position. I haven't upgraded to a P3 or P4 largely because I can ride the P2C without any spacers under the stem, and I've heard that running a P4 with a bunch of spacers eats away at a lot of the aerodynamic advantage.

The new sizing of the P5, coupled with reduced pricing below the P4 means I'm very excited about this new frameset.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm, yeah mean the wind tunnel tests where it is the fastest? or do you mean when craig won the 70.3 world championship on it?

or the 2 or 3 or 4 (I forget) ironman races that amy marsh has won on it?

or james cunama winning races on one?

heeeeeeeeehehehe

yme wrote:
You are living in a dream world if you think Cervelo is going to be a big step ahead of the others. Look at the results of the P4 and how great it is for triatletes, the results are pethetic, do not really think for a second that the P5 is going to set the world on fire?. You will have the MOP'ers buying then and quess what, they will still be MOP'ers.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Dec 17, 11 17:37
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got some new pics of the p5 it looks promising.
http://www.google.com/...TtTpyhCcbb0QGp0OnDCQ

Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>This is just shocking, I mean I am shocked to the point of nearly fainting. That you would see significantly more of two bikes that have not only been out since 2006/2007 but also cost 61 percent and 39 percent of the p4 frameset.

Oh dear, I've upset a fanboy! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More like, you're just doing it wrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>This is just shocking, I mean I am shocked to the point of nearly fainting. That you would see significantly more of two bikes that have not only been out since 2006/2007 but also cost 61 percent and 39 percent of the p4 frameset.

What he wrote made a lot of sense to explain why you see more. How's that make him a fanboy, or upset?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers to the Cervelo engineers! The new P5 looks sick!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zipp 1080?

C'mon these aren't cool anymore... we're almost in 2012. No one uses them anymore!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
trail wrote:

What he wrote made a lot of sense to explain why you see more. How's that make him a fanboy, or upset?

Got me? Its probably why you don't see a lot of nose-cone shivs. Along with the fact that you could not find them for the first year because they were sold out so they have really only been marketed for two years. Shivs were just as hard to find, it just takes a little common sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess I can use the old front shield off my uncles old Honda gold wing ;0)

Re: P5 news today... brace yourselves! [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>What he wrote made a lot of sense to explain why you see more. How's that make him a fanboy, or upset?[/quote]
The P4 is an awesome bike. It's OK guys. I'd probably take the P4 if I could pick any TT bike, cost no object.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why I love Slowtwitch :)

Nearly 22,000 views and 225+ posts about an announcement for a bike being announced in a month.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply

Prev Next