Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Gwen did not look good, and this format just shows how bad her weakness really is. Gets out of the water 2nd in a slow heat and she misses the 4 up breakaway. The final swim will be 8 or 9 seconds faster too, so unless something like a big crash at the front happens, then she will be way off the back, probably 3rd group on the bike..

Sereno battled hard in that run, but to outspring Gwen in a 1k is a lot to ask...

Seemed to me that she came out from the swim relatively close to the front and hammered on the run to T1 which she entered in 2nd (or maybe 3rd) I believe? So not that bad. Looked like she lost a few spots and the front pack in T1 which is a shame. I found her ability to close the gap on the run pretty impressive.

Also main takeaway from these past 2 heats... clipping-in is overrated
Last edited by: CaliB: Mar 30, 24 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well she closed on several ladies that had shut it down, and that gap she opened in T1 will kill her in a full womens field of contenders. She did good to make the final outrunning Gina, so that is going to be her positive takeaway from this race...
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the guys are swimming just above or just below 1:30 for 150 SCM, bike is likely a ~400 W affair (just my guess from previous go-pro footage of ITU races around a lot of turns) in an out of the turns and they are running about 2:30/km.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crowd favorite Luis here in final semi. Can he make an A final.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well not much pulling back in that final, balls to the wall. So another penalty that took a guy out of the final, that hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever the closer and showman, we get Luis for A final. Thorn showing more and more he’s going to be the 2nd NOR guy w Blu.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is there a gap now or onto the finals???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luis looked really good in the semis, we'll see how it goes in the final.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes A finals are still an hour+ away. B final ~30 mins away

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Luis looked really good in the semis, we'll see how it goes in the final.

I’m thinking he pulls away in the swim and never looks back. Maybe take 2 with him, maybe.

Milner, thus far, reminds me of the American runners who made an attempt at triathlon. He’s not even running particularly well because the SB takes too much out of him. He still has time to develop of course but Paris? Now way…
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anybody see the bike dismount of the guy with one arm ,first class.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless Luis was sandbagging the swim, he is not breaking away from anyone. There were several in his heat and others that went faster, some quite a bit. He may have just been thinking bike is coming together so why swim hard, but in the past race he did last week he was sitting on the whole way too.

So maybe his swim is not up to his usual quickness and he will be happy to just make lead group..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#ncaaTri 2 athletes from ncaa (graduated now) were top 7 there in B final. Winner Tereza and Knoll both from Queens Uni (Charlotte NC).

Knoll currently only ncaa triathlete to make Olympics so far in the nearly 10 year history of NCAA triathlon.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 30, 24 13:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was awesome. What a great race format…

By get away I mean 1 or two seconds out of the pool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lindemann
GTB
GJ

Nice final race for the ladies.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great women's final!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By get away I mean 1 or two seconds out of the pool!//

I would love for you to be right, but just dont see it at the moment, unless he shaved down between heats!!! I'm rooting for the guy for sure..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think we saw a battle for the Norway MTR second spot just there.
And a couple both recording #2!
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 30, 24 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And an equally great men’s final!

This is the first time I’ve seen this format. I was aware of the Lievin race, and always wanted to see it - it did not disappoint. As someone has already said on the GJ thread, I much prefer it to the Zwift Arena Games version.
Last edited by: MP1664: Mar 30, 24 14:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instead, he was 5-6 seconds down on the swim and almost got it!

The two (other) Norwegians also looked really good.

Good win by GTB, she got the best of Gwen J. (at least it wasn't T. Spivey ;-).

Really enjoyed this format, all races were exciting, so I am not do my usual "drafting has to go" rant this time. I recall back in the 90s they did something similar in an indoor velodrome in France maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might have been only time Spivey was pulling for GJ lol.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both great races, but such a short swim basically negates that event. Even with a few seconds in hand, no one can stay out from a full field, we saw this with Gwen dangling. It was as good as it could get for her, so congratulations. But I really saw nothing here that puts her anywhere near the MTR team, in fact she would be about 5th in that race. But she did do herself good for an overall selection, showing that if everything did come together somehow, and she was part of a huge group into T2, she could do some damage in a 10k.

But think we still have to wait for some real races with real swims and bikes with more than a couple bikers at the front. Yoko should provide that scenario, just hope KZ gets onto that start list to have a fair go at that last spot..

And how tough for Spivey would it have been, in one case rooting for GTB and the others to beat Gwen, and the other hand, well if you know you know.....

Same for the mens race, the swim got totally negated early, so some off the back swimmers were able to perform well because of a sprint run. Just good to see Luis up in that mix, he didnt look injured and had some decent speed. But his swim and bike looked suspicious, not like the Luis of old. I think like Gwen, he needs a road race to prove his chops, and he needs a blazer to take that 3rd spot. That should also be head to head just to be fair to all involved...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
have to wait for some real races with real swims and bikes with more than a couple bikers at the front. Yoko should provide that scenario, just hope KZ gets onto that start list to have a fair go at that last spot..

And how tough for Spivey would it have been, in one case rooting for GTB and the others to beat Gwen, and the other hand, well if you know you know.....
Agree: would be good for a Zaferes v Jorgensen head to head at both Yokohama though if you desire 'real bikes' then Cagliari would be better as the FP will be there. Let's face it, neither is going to AQ at Yokohama without some kind of major upset.
Spivey would have no dilemma 'rooting for GTB'. The latter was not in the picture during the French 'away match': need to look draft-illegal for that. In fact, roll on Ibiza for you to refresh that idea (thank you so much for your knowledgeable dredging).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With her run ability, the potential for Yoko to be “weaker” field, and imo the rest of the US not really showing great ability…..this is destined to have GJ come into T2 45s down and run her way through most of the US gals and we all basically have “soooo what do we have as a team” lol. (I think it’s clear mtr is knibb / Spivey and then 3rd person is back up; those 2 imo 90% set).

I don’t think GJ has the bike power solved and only a full field will that then truly be penalized.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 30, 24 17:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I recall back in the 90s they did something similar in an indoor velodrome in France maybe."

You are probably thinking of Bercy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next