Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes she's off the start list now
Think she was going to race
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Few laps to go on the bike I'm going....

1. CB
2. GTB
3. Lehair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes those three plus Lisa Tertsh
Hope Kate Waugh isn't injured
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Onto the run, 6 women dropped the rest of the front pack including CB whos led, GTB, Terch, Goòoy and Lehair (6th girl appears to have been dropped)

About 4km in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool from GZtB to pass water to lehair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guessing we're about half way through the run, Lehair has been dropped and now Goodoy.

CB, GTB and Terch look to fight out for podium places.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
Very cool from GZtB to pass water to lehair

She's looking very good, I think she might have an edge on CB over 10km usually, but the lay off GTB has had gives me doubts 50/50 for me at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Final lap, still got a front 3 of CB, Tertch and GTB who have been interchanging positions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First or third, GTB has to be happy with this race after her layoff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the PT100, They should note, there are a lot more people watching this third tier race in person, than the PTO

GTB must be happy on her come back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 Tertsch
2. CB
3. GTB

Tertsch uses a bit of downhill section about 300 metres from the finish to gap the others for the win.

Take away...

CB bike looks to have improved, who knows to stay in a front pack if Duffy can get the old band back together.

Tertsch is looking a lot more lean and maybe this is going to give her the run to put her on more podiums.

GTB looks to be straight back into the mix and answered any 'will she even be good enough to be in contention for Olympic selection' questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching the men's, Marcus dey needs to improve his transition. Led the swim, I think, then fell off his bike mounting out of transition. Shame for him
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
Watching the men's, Marcus dey needs to improve his transition. Led the swim, I think, then fell off his bike mounting out of transition. Shame for him

Hard to tell if that was his error - from the overhead shot it looked like a collision with one of the Portuguese athletes. Either way, a shame for him to miss the front group after leading the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:

His front wheel touched the Portuguese's athlete rear wheel, it did not seem as if he was looking up getting his feet on this shoes.

On a separate note, a German's Canyon bike seat and top tubes broke while he was doing a flying start off T1.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I believe he is now back in the front group, along with Hugo Milner. Didn't expect that.
Thought the leaders were away.
Not milner, the commentator got in wrong?
Last edited by: sidelined: Mar 23, 24 10:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is Luis flat or just biding his time for the run? Very tame swim and bike for him thus far, but could just be conserving...
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just tuned in, someone's Olympic dream looks over with that crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its all in Portuguese so I could not see who was in the crash. But Luis got to the front to T2, stayed out of trouble and is now leading the lead group on the run, so he seems to be still alive at the moment..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not going to pretend I know anything about this Bently chap, but for the moment I'm going to dream we have another World class British male on our hands!
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Its all in Portuguese so I could not see who was in the crash. But Luis got to the front to T2, stayed out of trouble and is now leading the lead group on the run, so he seems to be still alive at the moment..

English commentary on Triathlon Live, he's not the most exciting, but doing an OK job, more knowledgeable than Trevor!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's looking pretty good so far.
I wish Renouf had put the PTO $ on short course. I prefer to race LD but, as a spectator, I much prefer to watch short course. Always makes me sad to hear it's a "dying sport"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to triathlon live and it sent me to somewhere else, not sure what the issue is. Looks like Luis's pace in burning off the front group, only about 4 left and holding about 6 or 7 seconds behind the solo leader. I'm just glad he is running again, and seems to not be in pain or any hitches..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half way through the run, Miller, Luis and Jem at the front, Bentley was caught and being dropped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't Miller an Uber runner? My money is on him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I went to triathlon live and it sent me to somewhere else, not sure what the issue is. Looks like Luis's pace in burning off the front group, only about 4 left and holding about 6 or 7 seconds behind the solo leader. I'm just glad he is running again, and seems to not be in pain or any hitches..

It's great to see him healthy and good. Unfortunate, it is now obvious in my mind he will likely not make the final selection for Paris. I mean he is going toe to toe with the world #325 and the world #92. Would like to see him go to 70.3 and T100 to kick some ass.
Quote Reply

Prev Next