Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I chime in to say nothing, does that add or subtract from the mystery? Tongue

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
If I chime in to say nothing, does that add or subtract from the mystery? Tongue

Oh it definitely adds to the mystery.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just messing with you brother!! lol

On a side note, The Speed Concept at the 70.3 WC were 4 of the first 5 in to T2. :-)

Lieto - SC
Gambles - SC
Matthews - SC
Crowie -P4
Tissink - SC
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha to be fair, half the field was KSwiss-Trek :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Just messing with you brother!! lol

On a side note, The Speed Concept at the 70.3 WC were 4 of the first 5 in to T2. :-)

Lieto - SC
Gambles - SC
Matthews - SC
Crowie -P4
Tissink - SC

So, what you are saying is, Trek bought off 4 of the 5 fastest cyclists in order to justify their claim to have the best super bike. Nice! ;-)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this going to be like your Shiv experience?:)

Coming in 2015: Jordan Rapp on the new 2012 Specialized. He finally MacGyvered that things extensions to his liking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 4 men and 3 women. BUT, they ALL still had to ride 56 miles like everyone else. :-)
Last edited by: SpeedRacer1: Sep 28, 11 21:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like the guys being sponsored by speciallised are saying he is coming on board ?

The Orca brand was sold (by the New Zealand owner) in the last year to a Spanish group who are tied up with Orbea. Crowie was being sponsored by that group and had the Orca kit and Orbea. It seemed like he was with Orca/Orbea to the end of his career but I guess contracts can change when ownership of companies change?

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? C'mon! How many triathlons have you seen won by bike splits?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Really? C'mon! How many triathlons have you seen won by bike splits?

If memory serves, none of the guys on the SCs won the race ...

But, then again, Trek doesn't make running shoes, so, buying the fastest cyclists is really all they need ...

Just say'n ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes! Trek doesn't care about ever winning as long as they have the best bike splits. If you are really naive enough to believe that, there isn't much anyone can say to you. Not even going to try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Ah yes! Trek doesn't care about ever winning as long as they have the best bike splits. If you are really naive enough to believe that, there isn't much anyone can say to you. Not even going to try.

It's all about the bike, baby. Trek gets that. Look at how they bought Lance. That's just smart marketing ...

Don't hate the player, hate the game ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek wants to win races/events, not just bike splits.

And in all honesty, I was just giving my fellow ST'er a rough time.

Yes, I ride a SC and think it's the best bike out there. However, anyone that rides a SHIV, P4, Plasma 3, probably thinks the same thing about their bike. There isn't a Superbike out there that I don't like. Well, I have to say the "Trinity" is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. It would be hard for Jessica Alba mounted on one to make it look good. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [draketriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a black Shiv, (Terrenzo Bozzones ex Shiv), and it looks like one to me especially the little tail in between the seat stays where it joins the down tube. ill check out next week prior to the race.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was the last Trek ad you saw that did not show the bike and mention the bike split? It's all about the bike, baby. Just buy the fastest cyclists and claim your bike is the fastest.

Straight cash, homey ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you say.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did a post just disappear? One that showed a bike with the exact painted lines as the bike Crowie is riding?

Either someone went through a lot of trouble to make it look like another bike or it is the other bike.

I change my previous opinion.

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it. Or we were both hallucinating.

It was pretty fugly. But fast is beautiful too I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saved it but to heck if I'm posting it and risking getting the boot!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was one good lookin bike...!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I saw it too. Crazy looking!!!! Way crazy... There is some fishy stuff happening here right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The painted lines matched perfectly to the lines in the picture of him on his bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
I saved it but to heck if I'm posting it and risking getting the boot!

Brent

looks like the debate is settled, for those of us that actually saw that post at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe I missed it. I was just in this thread... some guy 'sandwich' said he found a pic on the site?? I thought it was a hoax, so I moved on... who posted the actual pic?
Quote Reply

Prev Next