Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy cow...I had no idea the list would get this big...where have you people been hiding? Once more from the top..
Bing
cdnbiker
ex-rower
tigerchik (by proxy)
itseazy
Tri-ing in Toronto
Toronto Tri Gal
ostomyathlete
RAinBC
Markus Mucus
Aaross
Khai
Andypants
T-racer
drtommy
tri-gear
jasonk
JimD
Bman
dukyle
KDM
czone (Joel and Natasha)
iamtas
SAMOK
CIMIT
Fleck
cerveloguy
Devashish Paul
SimpleS
JohnG
PeterTye
Nipsy
EKB
iron_mike
Mike Donia
saunaking
dwindrim
trvfsub2
tri-poser
AJHull
irontrev
Irongirl
Treppy
j-mo
Trevor S
Micawber
lakercr
Dan3
ironcouple
Marisol
AJK
ija.z
clincher
Allan
dug
theriad
trican1
mortaaay
Mike Plumb (at heart)
synchronicity
slimjim
deke
Hydrosloth
grahamkissack
lapdog
rickeh
Speedy
mfreeman72
stevebradley
john b
Alexia
YVR K
JulianInEngland (soon to be JulianInCanada)
sgardner
Dumper
Seth
Newt
DawnT
ccy
cmsc
BrentF
SaskRV
Crimmsy
Zulu
PowerGyoza
AndrewPhx
David Clinkard
rferron
krgregg
Catbird
k-roc
banana
fozrun
rmur
canuck8
ghost in LA
mileader
ONDave
Scottgo
cantrigirl
runclayrun
Overdistance
Drea

105 if you include me...yeah baby...anyone else???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kent,

In my orginal list of Canadian triathlon accomplishments and leadership I forgot to mention:

SlowTwitch Forum: Dominated and lead by Canadians

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, now there goes my anonymity...darn it.

--------------------------------------------------
What the hell did I get myself into?? Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shhhh Fleck...don't let the forum run by an American think that we're large and in charge here...just go about being the quiet, unassumingly polite people that we are and no one will be the wiser..when we attempt to take over the world...muahahahahaha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironboy from good old Kelowna, BC
  • New R.D. for Subaru Ironman Canada
  • IMC Finisher & really slow age group triathlete
  • Stopped for pizza at special needs one year for an hour and had a great sit down chat & realxation visit
  • Lisa Bentley's personal photographer & Fleck's West Coast connection
  • Consume 5-8 lbs of Hot Wings per week as part of my "diet"

Good to see so many canucks out there on the board

Joe Dixon
Race Director
Westwood Lake, Oliver Half & Aquabike,
"Wine Capital of Canada" Tri, Elk Lake and Cultus Lake Triathlons
http://www.dynamicraceevents.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Holy cow...I had no idea the list would get this big...where have you people been hiding? Once more from the top.. "

No idea that so many of us were Canuks. No wonder the Lavender Room has so few posters. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been at GWN the last 2 years and had friends there the year before that; in 2 of those 3 years, friends have won "draw prize" or "luck of the draw" spots to IMC, and the other year I know GWN gave away spots in a similar manner. Before the awards dinner you put your name in the hat and you'd better have your cheque book ready if they draw your name. I believe that these may be left over spots after the qualifying roll-downs, but there still seems to be at least a chance at getting a spot this way.

In fact on GWN's Ironman Spot info webpage (http://www.gwntriathlon.com/ironman.htm) you'll note that they have one lottery spot each for males and females!

Yes, I've heard that Sylvan Lake usually draws some "lottery" spots for IMC too - we may hit that race this summer too, not sure yet though!

Either way, the vacation is booked for Penticton in August, so I'll be there whether I'm competing or just watching!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better Late Then Never

Rob in Eastern Ontario - 36.
1 season of tri including two HIM.
IMLP in 2006.
Hardest thing about 2005 - helping get a local multisport club up and running.
Easiest thing - buying two bikes - used Trek Hilo 1000 and a new Litespeed Saber. I love to buy bike stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [cantrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just kidding Greg :)

--------------------------------------------------
What the hell did I get myself into?? Crazy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo, you can add me to that list.

Paul Graham

[url]www.paulgraham.ca[/url]

Sudbury Ontario

May 7, 1979

Mechanical Engineer (in training, no P.Eng yet)

done 2 years in Tri's

Aiming to qualify for age-group worlds

You can also add Mike Coughlin (mcoughlin) to that list. He's taking a 5 month leave to go to NZ for Epic camp and IM NZ in the spring. He was on a support crew for the Ultraman last weekend. You can check out is tri journal at [url]www.mikestriadventure.ca[/url]
Quote Reply
Message To Canadians [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warning - Semi Commercial Message to my fellow Canadians

I recently started working for the See You In Torino/Beijing Funds. It's pretty straight forward - we raise money for developing athletes in Canada who are bound for the Winter and Summer games. We seek donations from private individuals and companies and corporations. Why? Bottom line is the funding for sport in this country is terrible. Many athletes, some of them the best in the world, live below the poverty line. We funded 400 athletes who were in the running for the Athens games and 240 of those athletes made the team of 260 that went to Athens. 11 of Canada's 12 medalists from Athens were funded by the then named, See You In Athens Fund.

www.seeyouintorino.com

We are currently in a final push for fund raising for the Torino games and have about 50 athletes, including some members of the women's hockey team that are still waiting for funding. If any one wants to make a donation, or would like to help out in a bigger way with the fund, please contact me. This is a way to have a direct impact on how athlete development and sport funding can REALLY work in this country.

Thank you.

Stephen Fleck

office@seeyouintorino.com

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Ironboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Joe congratulations on the RD for IMC. You sure have your work cut out now with 4 races through the summer!

Quote | Reply
OK ...
The Doc was built in Montreal about 35 years ago. After obtaining a few too many degrees at Universite de Sherbrooke, some fly-by-night institution offered him money to go to grad school in New Jersey. He then moved to Pasadena (the real one) and this is where he started his tri carreer, in 2003. He now lives in the Reddest of the Red States. When he's not designing and/or building fancy techno-toys for cancer research, he runs as he finds cycling in Houston's famed Inner Loop far too suicidal for his taste.

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been a while since I've checked out slowtwitch, but I'll play (hopefully I'm not too late!)

36 years old. born in newfoundland. currently split between Halifax and Antigonish. Athletic Therapist at STFX University.

been racing since '97. major races include world du's in 2000 (my wife won her age group...she's awesome!) and World LD tri in 2005.

no kids, but we own a cat ( or she owns us!!).

kurt

kas
http://www.asics.com
http://www.aerobicsfirst.com
Team SynergySport
http://www.hookit.com/...evenson/default.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
currently living in kingston, ontario.

moving to kugluktuk, nunavut in january for a nursing position.

probably too cold to run outside in the winter...its above the arctic circle.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [cRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nunavut? Running?
This is something you won't want to miss.

http://www.nunavutrun.com/

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little late, but add another one...born & raised in SW Ontario, now living in Alberta. Completed 2 IMs. Married to a triathlete who also makes a great training partner - 3 IMs. Two fun-loving dogs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ashbridge -

as in the part of toronto known as 'ashbridges bay'. too bad my drunken gambling relatives pissed it all away...

still living in toronto
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter from Vernon, BC. Have been in triathlon for 11 years and have taken part in races of almost all lengths. Started our coaching business, Full Circle Coaching, 2 years ago with my wife, Jessica who has been in triathlon 5 years and has also raced most all distances. We have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who looks to be a handful and has been terrorizing us for some time.

I have been involved with many aspects of triathlon from competition to volunteering to officiating to race directing and love them all. Goal for 2006 is the Desert Half Iron in Osoyoos which includes a gnarly bike ride up Richter, along the rollers, turn around and come right back up Richter. I'll also be at the FIST training session in January and hope to be getting around BC and Alberta to test my fitting skills. Jessica is going to try to beat her 2005 season of 4 triathlon wins, 1 duathlon win, and 6 running race wins next year and she looks to be on good form with big improvements in the swim.

Look forward to seeing you all out there in 2006!

Peter Solymosi
The Tri Bike Fit Studio
Vernon, BC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adam Campbell-26 yrs old, 5 or 6 years in triathlon, living in Victoria, working with a Canadian coaching business, www.competitionzone.com. Did IMC last year, 2 *national development team and 2003 Duathlon national champ. I am taking a step back from tris to see if I can get my running times down . Life goal is to break 30 min for 10k and run a sub 2:20 marathon. Will focus on making the national mountain running team next year.

Adam
http://cdamaampbell.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not one of the Trevor's, but I did race with Trevor Funk in Winnpieg for the past 9 years. Moved to Montreal in August and working at McGill as a research guy.

Ten years doing tris and looking forward to some new races in Montreal and Ottawa areas next year. Espirit is also on my list of races to do. Have been to IMC twice, last time (2004) with the Cops for Cancer Team.

Forty years old, married for 10 years and have two labrador retrievers. I'm glad to see other Montreal ST's.

On the list of famous Canadian triathletes don't forget the Puntos twins.

Evan Nitschmann
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [collisiontheory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adam, good luck with the running... I thought Kyle said that you may join us for our crazy cycling week in Victoria after Christmas... was this just a rumour?

I remember you and I left transition 2 at the 2002 Penticton Peach Tri at the same time and you beat me by like 8 minutes... that was awesome !!

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay,

haven't spoken up in awhile, no point in saying what 10 others have already said, but i still drop by most days to see what's up.

Ian MacLean, 33, born in St Catharines, now living in Acton via Hamilton and Mississauga. Self employed, coaching and fitness assessments. Love doing my own thing, and working with a great crew of dedicated athletes. digging small town life up here in the leather capital of Canada.

Good to see so many other canucks out there. How about that Grey Cup on the weekend? Totally rekindled my love of CFL.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the FIST bike fit on the T-12. I don't think I have spent so little to be comfortable & go faster. The fit was so good, I didn't think about it until I saw your post.

Ian's way to shy .... check out www.imfit.ca :-)

ciao,

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely, "Worth the drive to Acton". :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next