Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spooner, Fuhr, Savage to name a few more.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey do you know Bud from PEI? :-) Took me a sec ... ha ha

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're from amherstburg, with j-mo and tri_gear our area's making a good show, eh?

he's the rehab professional, i'm a librarian, married 8 years, doing tris for 6, two kids, two cats.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey.. I am canadian too:-) French canadian if that counts in the list!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I'll bite.

Andrew, currently in London, Ontario, via Seaforth, Waterloo and St. Catharines. Working in IT, with again, way too much time on my hands at work to mainly lurk and occasionally post.

Um... 6 years running, 5 years of tri, only a couple of olympics, three halfs, IMC 2005, ITU Long Course 2005, and my favourite course of all, Muskoka Long Course 4 times, but no races other than IMC outside of Ontario, so I need to fix that sometime.

Rides... Cervelo R2.5 team and on order, a nice shiny new Guru Tri'Ti to replace the Trek Hilo. Train lots to justify the nice toys.

Don't forget Kevin (krgregg)... an Albertan transplanted to Ontario for school.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, I am amazed by the number of Trevors...

I hail from Montreal.

Ijaz -40, not married, no pets, 4 bikes [much to my GF's chagrin]

Been a hard core cyclist for 20 years- really got the bug riding around Kingston during my student days there.

About 4 years ago, I wanted to do something new so I took up running and stated "du-ing" [sorry, can't swim!]

I was really looking forward to my first season in 40-44 this past summer but nagging calf injuries limited my running until end of July.

Did the Canadian Half-Du as my only race last season, but have done at least a couple of dozen races in Ont and QC in 4 years.

Lurk mostly on Slowtwitch, don't post much.

Happy T'giving to my american Slowtwitchers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi fellow canucks

Chris here from Toronto- west end. 46 years young, girlfriend(complete with a 1 year old Jack Russel), house, no kids. Own my own manufacturing business. I mostly lurk here on ST when I have a few moments but thought I should stand up and be counted.

10 or so short course races over the years and am signed up for IMC next year. Been trying to do base training but need more time! Love TO but trying to ride around my area sucks.

Have a Curloo TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [ija.z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allan Faulds, Frankford, Ontario which is between K-Town and TO. I've been racing triathlons since 1990 after a long stint as a track and cross-country runner. Someone else mentioned a BMath from Waterloo and I have one of those ..... so does Lisa Bentley since we were there at the same time and ran together on the XC team..... maybe the math-geek brain and tri-geek brain have something in common :)

Have a wife and two daughters and teach math to unsuspecting high school students.

I've done a few IM races but it took 10 years in the sport before I decided I was ready to race that far. Currently wishing my achilles would heal up so I can get started on a base for next year and a possible IMLP if Muskoka goes as planned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm here in balmy Calgary, we of the record breaking temps this week. Married, two kids, engineer, M35-39, 4 years in tri, though I did do one back in '85 in my crazy high school days. Have run off and on for about 20 years too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Montreal. Been involved in triathlons since 1991. I coached for several years in the mid 90's but gave it up for a job that actually paid money! I now work for a pharmaceutical company as a sales rep. I have completed 2 ironmans and about 10 1/2's and probably close to a 100 olympic distance tris.

Derek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 54 yrs old but act 25. Part time chiropractor, wedding photographer, community college lecturer. I should get a full time job instead of three part time ones, but I like the variation. Married and divorced, two kids ages 21 and 16, both in BC but coming back to Ontario for X-mas.

Born London, Ontario but lived a lot of my growing up years outside Canada in USA, England, Germany, France since my dad was in the air force. Now settled in Booneyville, eastern Ontario.

Been with my tribabe for 8 yrs. She posts here once in a blue moon.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [dug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man...it sure is nice to be part of a thread that doesn't involve Tibbs, Cervelo (directly) or Tom Demerly...that made it to four pages. I know this list is bigger than that though. Gotta keep the ball rolling for those who had to work today.
As a side note...Edmonton or Montreal to win the cup this weekend?Gotta go with Eskimos on this one..too many former Ticats on the team to not cheer for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll go with Edmonton. My heart is for Montreal but my brain says Edmonton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tony from Toronto

got into Triis back when guys like Fleck and Mackinnon rode their Gardin Tri bikes and ruled the Ontario Tri scene 16 years ago. Became passionate about the lifestyle to do 10 Ironmans, two Alcatraz Escapes, Boston and to many other races around the globe to count! This was the first year I was unable to race or train from a serious injury but I will be back for at least 2 more Ironman races before I pack it in for the golf course! Best part in the 16 years were the great people I have met along the way. ....and oh ya way to many bikes to list!!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [trican1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm canadian (ontario) but now living in WNY USA.. Ontario rocks for triathlons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have to still live in Canada to be considered?

Born and raised in Toronto (Scarborough), left in 79 to go to college on a track scholarship in the US and never lived in Canada again. Fleck and I ran high school track/cross-country against each other and knew each other then and reconnected through triathlons years later. I'm still a Canadian citizen though.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [drtommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, coming back to kick ass at IMC in 06?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg
Calgary, AB, originally from Regina, SK (ssshhh!!)
4 years of tri.
alum Cervelo P3 with plenty of abuse marks from customs agents... bastards.
Subaru Impreza TS... can fit my bike in without removing the wheels!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My name is Deke, and I am Canadian. (If you're Canadian, and you watch hockey, you'd get it)

Deke
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tom, coming back to kick ass at IMC in 06?

Right now I'm focusing on the beer mile Dec 3rd, then I'll think about next year :)

Beer mile PB...6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [drtommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can run at sub 7min beer mile !?!??!?

To be official if its under 7min, under Kingston Rules, it must be videotaped. Is this an offical time? If so, that's awesome.

My PB is 13:16 done just last Sat. !

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Last edited by: tri-poser: Nov 25, 05 16:10
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! and what makes us Canadian [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and more drum beating....

So, the dude writes "The photos are from Ullars winter tri up at Apex mountain in Penticton BC (where I live). It's the hardest race I do every year. Gave up whitewater kayaking to start triathlon in 2000 (tri is much safer), drive a Toyota Matrix (awsome milage and can fit lots of bikes in it), married with no kids, new puppy last week. Dentist (part-time), coached by Joel of czone, just figured out how to post pictures yesterday...I posted lots of jonnyo who is also canadian. "

Dude forgot to write he's won a couple of these Ironman races before AND he almost killed another Canadian (Byrn - from West Vancouver) in the process.

Watch for TREV anon. meetings coming to a Canadian town near you!

(I had the displeasure of a certain Trev Williams kicking my ass at WASA just a few years back - and now look - Peter Reid wants to talk to HIM!!

.... Hydrosloth in Mission BC

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! and what makes us Canadian [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Reid wants to talk to who?

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey yet another Canadian on balmy Vancouver Island (where it doesn't rain as much SAMOK in Vancouver;-). Age 38, married with 2 kids, great spouse, and a crazy unpredictable job. Racing since 1999 with IMC x 4 and kona in 2005. Best tri memory is treading water in Kailua Bay waiting for the gun to go. Next epic plan is to ride to the top of Manua Kea (14,000 ft) from Hilo on my 40th birthday. Damn I love this stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next