Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Name: Dave Windrim

Home: Orangeville, ON

Work: I work in the environmental department of an aerospace company

I post sometimes but check in often. Likely have seen a number of you at southern ON races. I promised a while ago to provide some bike routes in the Orangeville area. I haven't forgotten just haven't had the chance to do it yet.

I ride a cervelo P2K and am currently building a fixie as a winter project and I'm thinking of building a bike from scratch (if I get really motivated). I have a good friend who's an amazing welder who's willing to help me out with the brazing. Could be a fun project!

I've been racing tri's for about 5 yrs and have done two IM's (LP and IMC) plan on doing more. Was a runner before that and have loved cycling my whole life. I have a great girlfriend (also into tri's), 2 dogs, 2 cats and that's about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trevor Funk, one of the Trevor's. This one is from Winnipeg, Manitoba. THE CENTRE OF CANADA not matter what people from Toronto say! LOL

Tri's since 1992, 31yrs old...........with too much time on my hands at work.

2006 goal, SUB12 IMFlorida...........

t~
Quote Reply
It's Always Racing Season! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

why i am leaving edmonton again? oh yeah. . .

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
drtommy..is that from Winterlude? That is as studly as they come. I need to do that some time

The photos are from Ullars winter tri up at Apex mountain in Penticton BC (where I live). It's the hardest race I do every year. Gave up whitewater kayaking to start triathlon in 2000 (tri is much safer), drive a Toyota Matrix (awsome milage and can fit lots of bikes in it), married with no kids, new puppy last week. Dentist (part-time), coached by Joel of czone, just figured out how to post pictures yesterday...I posted lots of jonnyo who is also canadian.

Tom
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason,

Yes I've done the Esprit twice 04 & 05. The swim is in the Olympic rowing basin, the bike is 41 laps of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and the run is around the rowing basin. So what this realy comes down to is:

Swim: big pool
Bike: Best asphalt of any race you'll ever see and a total elevation change of maybe 5 m
Run: Flat

This course is FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And surprisingly I didn't find the bike boring there are enough other people to keep it fun but there is enough room that it's perfectly safe.

Bonus is that you bring your wife or GF and take advantage of the great Montréal Restos to make up for all the time you spent training. Or if you're single MTL is home (or former home don't want to get Marisol mad:-) of the BEST looking ladies in all of North America.

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [drtommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom...Evans????
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [dwindrim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booyah! You all at work or just coming back from workouts. The Canadian contingent so far:
Bing
cdnbiker
ex-rower
tigerchik (by proxy)
itseazy
Tri-ing in Toronto
Toronto Tri Gal...forgot her first time around too..sorry:-)
ostomyathlete
RAinBC
Markus Mucus
Aaross
Khai
Andypants
T-racer
drtommy
tri-gear
jasonk
JimD
Bman
dukyle
KDM
czone (Joel and Natasha)
iamtas
SAMOK
CIMIT
Fleck
cerveloguy
Devashish Paul
SimpleS
JohnG
PeterTye
Nipsy (I used to live in Lloydminster AB...nary a stones throw from you. If you ever have a race somewhere between the two cities let me know and we'll race together. Not much else out there)
EKB
iron_mike
Mike Donia (who I have raced with in the past..he just wouldn't remember me from Adam)
saunaking
dwindrim
trvfsub2
whew...only been an hour or so....freaky awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the one!

--------
Canadian resident again 10/31/2009
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [cimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did I forget his name among the elite? And Dave Harju..and..where is my latest copy of Triathlete..bound to be more in there wearing the Maple Leaf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From Alberta too... I guess I am just 'One of the Trevor's'.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adrian Hull. Coquitlam, BC.

34, married, 5 year old son, 3 year old daughter.

Gained too much weight over the past 8 weeks as a result of rib fractures (inactivity with no reduction in my ice cream diet). I was attempting to show my son how daddy used to do some rad jumps on a BMX bike. I did not go well. First goal now is to get back into size 33 pants.

Goal: IMC 2006. After that I am going to switch over to basket weaving.

Quote | Reply
Another Trevor checking in, this forum is out of control, especially since we are not on holidays like our southern tri-mates.

Anyhow, from Edmonton, will be racing 30-34 next year, and like Trevor from Manitoba, will be aiming to go sub12 next year at IMF.

Did first Half-IM and first triumphant IMC too! (Everything but the run was triumphant, i should add)...have been a triathlete since way back in 2004 (and a non-couch potato since 2001).

Will be going back to IMC for 25th Anniversary in 07. ST party??

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget.......Sharon Donnelly and Marie Danais(sp?) Both great triathletes.

Brockville, ON. Own a Bike shop...with CdnBiker. (Lovely husband of 4 months!)

Current ride is a Trek 2100. ANXIOUSLY awaiting my Guru Chrono.

Started doing Tri's in 2000. Am working my way up to the Canadian Irondistance Event in 2006.

Love the sport but man, that running is hard work.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [irontrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man we have wayyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooo much in common.

My 3rd trip there(2000,2004,2006), driving again............i love road trips!

t~
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [drtommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Shhhhhhh. That's supposed to be our secret. You see, that's what people think - that we are sitting around doing nothing all winter waiting for the snow to melt when in fact, it's the BEST time of the year to train. Makes those "tough" race days in the summer seem like a joke!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good day, eh,

Chris from Ottawa here. Lurk on Slowtwitch everyday, post every six month. Sixth year in tris, spent a decade climbing mountains before that. M40-44, seven IM's, managed in sneak into IMH via rolldown the last two years. Absolutely the best tri in the world takes place in my hometown in February - http://www.zone3sports.com/winterlude.htm.
Get a good laugh at all the bike obsession on this forum - just ride! Had "Dev wannabe" as my occupation at IMUSA a couple years ago. Hmmm, maybe that should be in the 'Dirty Secrets' thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh man...
Luke Dragstra
Mike Vine
Melanie McQuaid
Danelle Kabush
Kelly Guest
I need to get on the ball here...we at page 4 yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
count me in on the Ontario team.

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're gonna need more than that to get on the team j-mo;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another Trevor from Halifax. Still have a Canuakastan passport. :-

M35-39, Back into Triathlons in 2002 after 10 years away. Try to do a few races back home every year..(Brick Du, Muskoka, Peterboro HIM, Canadian Half). Mostly Race in the Score-This and Yellowjacket Racing series in NYstate.

Ride: P3, Specialized E5, Specialized Langster and Gary Fisher Super Cal.

Did anyone else mention these Maritimers?

Garret Macfadyen IMC Winner 2002

Steve Irvine The God Father of Maritime Triathletes. Several Top 10's at IMC, 7th in 2002 in 8:58 first sub. 9 hour at over 40 of age even. I think he's old school enough for Fleck :-)
Last edited by: Trevor S: Nov 25, 05 13:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another Albertan getting started with tri's here, though originally from south eastern Ontario. M45-49. Did a couple of sprints this past summer. Hoping to extend the distance for next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another Winnipegger... Jim M35-39

IT Consultant by day, and run a Performance Motorsports business by night.

4 HIM's, 2 IM (both IMC), few Oly's as well. Recently engaged, have mortgage, have dog.

Have a little unfinished business in Penticton, so this season's goal is <60<5:30<4:00.

Most importantly, I ride Cervelo! P2K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan from Hamilton
- 6 years competing, 60+ tris - sprints to half-IM's
- 2 years coaching
- better at the latter than the former
- plus another career that's not nearly as fun
- BMath from Waterloo
- 2001 Cervelo P2K + Kona "Jake" cross bike
- 28, no wife, girlfriend, kids or pets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
we're gonna need more than that to get on the team j-mo;-) geez - allright then - Leamington Ontario, 28 yo. I sell (greenhouse) vegetables for a living. happy Kentinger???? ;-)

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey do you know Bud from PEI? :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next