Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The man

I have a photo. No idea how to attach from phone

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Last edited by: PJC: Nov 30, 19 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Anyone have a link to FB where you dont have to sign up for an account??
I dont think theres coverage of this race. Its not on the list of IM races that had Ironman Now coverage.

Those links you see spammed on the various IM Facebook pages are just spam that are either scams or phishing.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I always shy away when they ask you for your CC#, but then say it is free..
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And what about the tracker, I tried to go to The Ironman site, and they say download an app, but they dont have one for my laptop. I think I'm done with the new site already, and it has been up what, a couple weeks??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://track.rtrt.me/...er/RUJEPLSR,R2HLCX7V

Pretty awful coverage. Not even blog updates
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blog updates to me are kinda random and not necessary, *IF* the splits from the tracker are correct. I mean they have like 10 updated splits on the bike, so it's almost as good as a blog update.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody is providing updates via Appo’s Instagram story. Prob won’t be much use during the bike but maybe during the run. I’ll be asleep by then though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And what about the tracker, I tried to go to The Ironman site, and they say download an app, but they dont have one for my laptop. I think I'm done with the new site already, and it has been up what, a couple weeks??
Agree I'm not a fan of the new site it certainly isn't the easiest to navigate...
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cam Brown has ridden into 7th, bet he picks off a few more in the run too!! Isnt he like 47 years old now these days?

Nice race up front, looks like they are trading leads to set pace. What is the temp there today like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Red Baron wrote:

IM Oceania app has a feed with some pics and updates.
Total circus to need to have two apps to get splits and feed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many Kona slots are available.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Cam Brown has ridden into 7th, bet he picks off a few more in the run too!! Isnt he like 47 years old now these days?

Nice race up front, looks like they are trading leads to set pace. What is the temp there today like?

I read a while ago he was aiming for a sub8 as he has never done that. Probably out of reach but he still seems to be racing and training like a pro.

Watching him in 2004 in taupo got me into triathlon so I love to see him out there still
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching him in 2004 in taupo got me into triathlon so I love to see him out there still
I will tell you how old Cam is, and how long he has been at this. I took a couple months in 92 and went down to NZ to race their summer season, and he was already a pro, a snot nosed teenager still, but he was already on the circuit. I was in the last couple years of my pro career at the time, but to have someone overlap my career, and still be going, that is a very, very long time to have been racing at the top..
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Ali and Appo up front. Any chance Appo outruns has?

I mean, obviously there is a chance. How likely is it? This is Appo’s 1st IM, right?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I will tell you how old Cam is, and how long he has been at this. I took a couple months in 92 and went down to NZ to race their summer season, and he was already a pro, a snot nosed teenager still, but he was already on the circuit. I was in the last couple years of my pro career at the time, but to have someone overlap my career, and still be going, that is a very, very long time to have been racing at the top..

2004 Taupo....was that not the "ST Race of the year" with forum members Bjorn, Clas and Jonas putting down the hammer ? And Cam was already an old guy pulling back the Swedish contingent on the run????
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
monty wrote:

2004 Taupo....was that not the "ST Race of the year" with forum members Bjorn, Clas and Jonas putting down the hammer ? And Cam was already an old guy pulling back the Swedish contingent on the run????

Correct. I didn't even know what ironman was until I watched that day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Fun fact: Cam actually won a "World Championship" triathlon earlier this year in China.He is one of the few pro's who has worked out how to make racing in Asia a profitable business as an old guy instead of coming in as an also-ran in all of the well known prestige races.

https://www.times.co.nz/...lon-in-quzhou-china/
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see what AB and Appleton do mano y mano as they leave T2 shoulder to shoulder.

But like Sean H, my ass will be asleep in an hour so I'll look forward to reading who won.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course it's tracker splits, so take those with a grain of salt......but......

AB going all AB out of T2 dropping a sub 6 min 1st mile.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6.5km in 23 mins which is under 5:50 mile or sub 2:30 marathon pace. (I'm not using the pacing from the tracker....i'm taking the actual splits it spits out and converting it myself....sometimes those "paces" they spit out are wonky)

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Nov 30, 19 19:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10km just under 35 mins

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
16.9km 1hr1min; just under 5:50/mile. Running just shy of 2:33 marathon pace.....

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Red Baron wrote:
https://track.rtrt.me/e/IRM-WESTERNAUSTRALIA-2019#/tracker/RUJEPLSR,R2HLCX7V

They only just got power in Western Australia.

The internet is dial up.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a pretty rich pace...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30.7km in 1:54:36 which is 2:37 marathon pace split. We'll see what happens the last 8 miles and how fast he ran early on does to him.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next