Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Joss1965 wrote:
PJC wrote:
The swim has been canceled about 4 times in the last 8 races run in that town. 70.3 or IM

Brownless likes the no swim events. Cork and good prospects Busselton

Most slowtwitch forum users are knowledgeable. One or two, like PJC, are clueless.

Given that I know who PJC is I would suggest that you are the one who needs a little education and no it is not up to me to reveal who he is and his background in the sport as it has been his choice to remain a cranky old man of mystery.

Slowman might throw some light on the subject though.
I don't know who PJC is but what he said was nonsense. AB did one race with a cancelled swim and now that's his preference? He's one of the best swimmers at IM so would have no reason to try and find races where they're going to cancel it.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to understand the mindset. PJC and Thai Land ultras are legends of the sport. They won't tell you exactly who they are but just appreciate they are awesome and royalty.

Its okay for them to say stuff like AB doesn't like the swim as they are super knowledgable and just stirring the pot. They are funny and better than others.

Then you get the hubris of being lectured that you had better rethink what you said caus if you knew who PJC was well you wouldn't say what you said.

Its like Paulo without being funny
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
You have to understand the mindset. PJC and Thai Land ultras are legends of the sport. They won't tell you exactly who they are but just appreciate they are awesome and royalty.

Its okay for them to say stuff like AB doesn't like the swim as they are super knowledgable and just stirring the pot. They are funny and better than others.

Then you get the hubris of being lectured that you had better rethink what you said caus if you knew who PJC was well you wouldn't say what you said.

Don't really care who PJC is there is zero evidence to say that AB doesn't like a swim. In fact if you look back through the junior wc duathlon you will see another athlete beating him on more than one year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

i think we can shut this one down now, folks.

i'll get the lights.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get all wounded if you like,I was just putting a perspective forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Sun Wu Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sun Wu Kong wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
Joss1965 wrote:
PJC wrote:
The swim has been canceled about 4 times in the last 8 races run in that town. 70.3 or IM

Brownless likes the no swim events. Cork and good prospects Busselton

Most slowtwitch forum users are knowledgeable. One or two, like PJC, are clueless.

Given that I know who PJC is I would suggest that you are the one who needs a little education and no it is not up to me to reveal who he is and his background in the sport as it has been his choice to remain a cranky old man of mystery.

Slowman might throw some light on the subject though.
I don't know who PJC is but what he said was nonsense. AB did one race with a cancelled swim and now that's his preference? He's one of the best swimmers at IM so would have no reason to try and find races where they're going to cancel it.

Exactly, Jesus he is one of the best ITU swimmers also, he will get a break in any long course swim from the majority of the pack, only guys that can swim with him are past ITU guys. He loves a swim!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one is wounded but saying AB doesn't like swimming is clearly bullshit, regardless of who PJC is.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shark fear mongering, I hate it l. There have only been 15 attacks in WA since 2000....not even one a year. Yes, if attacked, sharks can be deadly, but humans in general are 100 times more likely to be attacked and killed by bears...that includes Kiwis and Aussies, because Whistler,BC is so full of you people 😉. Hell I basically ran into two cubs during Ironman Canada 2015...they were about 5 feet from me and I was in more danger from dying because of mama bear at that time, then I will ever be due to sharks.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:
Shark fear mongering, I hate it l. There have only been 15 attacks in WA since 2000....not even one a year. Yes, if attacked, sharks can be deadly, but humans in general are 100 times more likely to be attacked and killed by bears...that includes Kiwis and Aussies, because Whistler,BC is so full of you people 😉. Hell I basically ran into two cubs during Ironman Canada 2015...they were about 5 feet from me and I was in more danger from dying because of mama bear at that time, then I will ever be due to sharks.

Yeah it is a shame that the swim has been changed.The trip around the jetty was a big part of the fun of that race for most.My first triathlon was a swim across Sydney Harbour under the bridge and I have often wondered if they would hold a race like that now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:

Averages dont work like that, though.

I'm more likely to die in a car accident than a crocodile attack. But that doesn't mean I'm save swimming alongside one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:

Yeah I have to say I don't fully understand sharks. No-one in any OWS or triathlon has been hassled or even approached by a shark. The closest encounter was a guy in the Rotto channel crossing (20km OWS) last year, he had a 4m Great White swim under him, no interest in him. A few mates who spear-fish have encounter large Great Whites and have said they are aggressive and dangerous, but paradoxically cautious and almost timid. What they've experienced is they don't like approaching multiple people and would only get close when there was one by himself and even then they would exercise great caution. One spear fisherman was followed for 10mins, every time he got close, he'd poke the shark with his gun and off it would swim. I think the GoPro footage is on youtube.

A few attacks in WA have been mistaken identity, surfers mistaken for seals, most not eaten. My colleague, Doreen Colyer was diving and she was attacked by a 6m GW, he took her leg off and spat it out. Sadly she bled to death. Some guys have been eaten however. There are some experts that say Sharks don't eat humans, which is nonsense. They might prefer seals, but if you're hungry then anything is on the menu.

So i would imagine sharks would be intimidated by large groups of swimmers, boats etc in the water and keep their distance. But you never know. They are very unpredictable.

The IMWA swim cancellation was not handled well. Shark size, type wasn't taken into consideration, no plan for chasing sharks out to sea and no plan B for changing the course closer to shore. There are lots and lots of sharks in WA, they are there all the time, we just need to accept that and swim with them. Don't cancel unless it's a ravenous 6m Great White swimming through the swim course and even then, it's probably just cruising past. Give it 30mins.
Last edited by: zedzded: Nov 14, 19 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:
Don't really care who PJC is there is zero evidence to say that AB doesn't like a swim. In fact if you look back through the junior wc duathlon you will see another athlete beating him on more than one year.

haha You POMS take life way to seriously. It was a joke.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Sun Wu Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sun Wu Kong wrote:
No one is wounded but saying AB doesn't like swimming is clearly bullshit, regardless of who PJC is.

I've won a few things in my life. My ex wife had some success when I was with her. I've been around longer than you might have been alive.

But in the end, I was joking about the AB picking races without swims and only doing duathlons.

Most people on here need to think before getting angry and posting. Triathlon is just a sport for 99.98% of people.

It's not life and death. Why get upset about things that in all honesty, do not affect you even 1%?

Unless you (Sun Wu Kong)are actually Ali Brownlee, you need to take a massive chill pill.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Sun Wu Kong wrote:

I've won a few things in my life. My ex wife had some success when I was with her. I've been around longer than you might have been alive.

But in the end, I was joking about the AB picking races without swims and only doing duathlons.

Most people on here need to think before getting angry and posting. Triathlon is just a sport for 99.98% of people.

It's not life and death. Why get upset about things that in all honesty, do not affect you even 1%?

Unless you (Sun Wu Kong)are actually Ali Brownlee, you need to take a massive chill pill.

You have to consider 90% of STers are from the USofA are not going to understand any form of subtle humour!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
PJC wrote:
Sun Wu Kong wrote:

You have to consider 90% of STers are from the USofA are not going to understand any form of subtle humour!

Humour & ST often fail to recognize each other
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Sun Wu Kong wrote:

Annoying, I can't work out who you are, just that your name is Peter. Maybe I am too young.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mj was good in her day.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha PJC was nice enough to message me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Mj was good in her day.

Not as cool as her son :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given the impressive resume, value adding advice would be great as he has a lot to offer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Mj was good in her day.

Ive never met Michael Jackson.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [RobertK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems that AB does not give up Hawaii (I presume he would take his slot if he can in WA)
(Could have happened of course that he would have said after Hawaii: "no this is too hot and humid for me: not again")
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He found the heat a little too much on a UK forum too; that's why he's here.

AB's a Yorkshireman, one of those places you can swim & bike at the same time most of the year. Talking of Yorskshiremen; search for 'Harry Enfield Yorkshireman' on YouTube. I'll not post any links here as it's not exactly PC :-)

ETA - Had some success. I appreciate your self-depreciation.

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Nov 15, 19 1:59
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait what?? Brownlee doing IM at start of olympic build, Wurf doing olympic distance at start of kona build..... Its a mad house!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
It seems that AB does not give up Hawaii (I presume he would take his slot if he can in WA)
(Could have happened of course that he would have said after Hawaii: "no this is too hot and humid for me: not again")

70.3 WC : spanked in 2018 by Frodeno and in 2019 by a youngster, he is seeking revenge...
Kona : massively spanked by... many peoples, he is massively seeking revenge :-)

I guess his learning curve will be fast, maybe faster than Wurf progression and doing less (relatively) repetitive mistakes than LS.
Quote Reply

Prev Next