Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
One man's latex tube is another man's compression condom. What's in a name?

Depends on the size of the valve stem. :)

-Jot

And how long one can maintain optimum inflation.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [KINGMurphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how long one can maintain optimum inflation.

Optimum for whom?

-Jot

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will keep that in mind
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at one point today, my car Garmin said that I was en route to Tonawonda/Roches

I thought that was pretty omnipotent of you......in spite of physical injuries
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As I am attempting to be extremely non productive at the office today and I have a cracker barrel [along with about every other imaginable chain restarant] near my house which is not in Williamsvile I checked. Turns out there are 8 of them in NY. I have never been to any of them. I was in one down south once. IIRC they sell furniture and pot pie but have no bar. Seems, well, unamerican to me.

http://www.crackerbarrel.com/location.cfm?state=NY

The superior cracker barrel locating software that I used, only showed the CBs that were on the route that it decided I should take. Once we got tired of the Interstate route and switched to another route, then we found the othe CBs.

Once we got to the grocery store in New Paltz, we found the alcohol :)

And we also found the New Moon Lounge next to our hotel. I didn't realize that New Paltz was large enough to support a ballet, but it seems to be quite well attended tonight, based on the parking lot.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad that you found the booze and the ballet. I find one of those things makes the other much more tolerable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you need to pop down into NP and find:

Catskill Mtn Multisport - in the Cherry Hill Plaza. The pizza shop right near them is quite good too.

Gilded Otter Brewery - on the far W end of the village, just before the green bridge. Decent food, w/ very good to excellent beer brewed on premises.
Sit outside on the patio. Sublime.

Mexicali Blue - if you like fresh Mexi/Cali food, it's yummers. The blackened catfish burrito is my fave.

There's a good ice cream shop (maybe more than one?) near the Otter, and also a great organic cafe, and if you are into rock or ice climbing, Rock & Snow is one of the best climbing shops in the universe.

NP is a college (SUNY) town, so there are a ton of bars. I hate it when that happens.

Welcome to the Hudson Valley!!! See everybody tomorrow-
-M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PS - shame about the weather, eh?

Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty much like today, only less breezy.
It's been somewhat blustery today, so that would be a Good Thing in my book.

Everybody rest up, don't forget "Three For a PB" (tm), eat your Wheaties, and get ready to have your dreams crushed.

It's nearly GO TIME.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Three For a PB"

I suggest you avoid ChrisG until after the race then. Good luck tomorrow!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to bring the Mercury to ride the trainer in the Pavilion. Gluten-free hard cider will be in my aero bottle. MY WATTS WILL POWER ALL OF NEW PALTZ.

Hope everyone feels amazing! Old man Roche is looking lean and mean, BEWARE!

------
David Roche
Some Work, All Play podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/...ll-play/id1521532868
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Three For a PB"

I suggest you avoid ChrisG until after the race then. Good luck tomorrow!

Roger that.
Three shalt be the number thou shalt drink, and the number of the drinking shalt be three. Four shalt thou not drink, neither drink thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Five is roight out.

Gluten free hard apple cider?
Manly yes, but I like it too.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, we have gotten it right at least once since the 3 4 a PB protocol was instituted. But you are correct, Timberman was a not a shining example.

Why aren't you in for AZ, course is made for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Why aren't you in for AZ, course is made for you?"

Pretty much pure laziness. It has the ideal length swim leg for someone of my ability in the water...I'm already training for next year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Mudd Puddle for morning coffee. I had a Funky Gunk and my gf had a Mudd Puddle. I was considering buying a Funky Hunk as well but they all said they were busy until later tonight. They may be performing at Men's Night at the ballet next door.

Then off to the local tri store with a really nice owner's wife and daughters and staff. The owner was a bit ummm, special. He tried to force me to buy all his Canadian logo'd stock. I settled for multiple pieces of lime green and tangerine orange clothing.

Next up was lunch at the Moon Light Cafe for falafel, hummus, sprouts, tahini wrap with lentil soup.

Then we did an extenda-mix version drive of the bike course. We thought we were heading to the S/F pavilion but it turns out we were actually driving the course in the correct clockwise direction. We eventually ended up at the pavilion where Mrs. Race Director and daughters were busy setting up. Mr. Race Director was nowhere to be seen.

Did a free fall no brakes descent back into town for dinner at the Main Street Bistro. Veggie/white bean/veggie/brown rice stir fry. I have never been in a small town with so many quality veg*n options! Now in for an early night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad that you are having fun. Happen to notice if the trails were muddy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Glad that you are having fun. Happen to notice if the trails were muddy?

Sorry, didn't even think to look. Mrs. Race Director said "it's beautiful up there on the trails", gave me a hug and shooed us on our way so she could get back to supervising the young labour washing out the Gatorade jugs :)

We walked from our car, up a grassy hill and that was all dry.... but that was out in the open sunshine, so not a great predictor of trail condition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. See everyone bright and early!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Last minute ITT question, could someone in the know help:
For for ITT course, does it follow the duathlon bike course at the bottom of the Mohonk Mtn descent, i.e. right turn at the stop sign to Butterville Rd, or instead, ride straight and right turn at 299, almost near the iron bridge to New Paltz?

I thought the instruction somewhere says follow the du course, but the course map shows the latter:
http://www.cm2promotions.com/...OTIONS/IRON_ITT.html

Good luck tomorrow...
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [bogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 99.9999% sure it follows the Du course to the letter, other than the start/finish being staged from a different section.
(which is why there's a little extra being added to the start for the ITT, since the Du bike loop is a smidge under 28m per lap. I think if one went straight at the stop sign out towards the steel bridge, it would end up well over 28m per lap. Which is fine, if you're into that sorta thing.)

So, after the E-ticket screaming descent down from Mohonk Mtn. House, you bang the R at the stop sign onto Butterville Rd, then out to the end and R onto 299.
It's all R turns.

Everyone enjoy your last night of pre-CRUSHED DREAMS.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that I have driven the bike course, I am ECSTATIC to learn that I am only facing a bit < 28 miles and not a full 29 miles as advertised.

A ~ one mile decrease has never made me so happy before =0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shhh! Keep it down! Ixnay on the ort-shay ike-bay ourse-cay.

GOOD MORNING AMERICAN ZOFINGEN RACERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently it is about 45 degrees, mostly calm, and clear. Temps will be rising slightly to near 50 by race start, then continue climbing slowly to the low 70's by late afternoon. There will be a light breeze from the west, becoming a bit stronger as the day goes on.

*Perfect* racing and beer drinking weather. And LC racer cheering/heckling. : )

Game on.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next