Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Frankly, I doubt he'll get down to the low 22s. He may get to Kienle's level in swimming, but will still have to close 2min or so.
And against guys like Gomez, it'll be virtually impossible. Besides, Frodeno also rode really hard. He said he rode as hard as he
could because he knew Gomez would be unbeatable on the run.

That's probably a realistic expectation. You're right that it's extremely unlikely he'll get to the level of the ITU guys.

Edit: Grammar.
Last edited by: Staz: Sep 7, 14 9:06
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
I love how this forum loves Lionel sanders and dismisses the 2008 gold medalist and reigning silver medalist and world champion

Luckily Alan Webb is not racing, otherwise there would be twice as many posts in that vain. He´s the Worlds' best ITU athlete according to most on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Burke may catch back up to him. If not, he'll get another chance at Kona.

FYI - this is burke's second year in tri (out the gate at his first IM he was first amateur at IM WI last year -- guy has Matthew Busche like talent - 4:26 500yd HS freestyler)

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, Asshat, he was never "in a battle for 3rd". Yes, he finished 4th and, with some bad luck by other racers, could have finished 3rd but it didn't happened. Keep looking through your rose colored glasses and congrats on being elected prez of the Sanders Fan Club!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have paid more attention to my 4th grade teacher when he taught us the metric system because, in his words, us 'Mericans would soon adopt the metric system to be like the rest of the world. Trying to track friends' paces has me doing math on a Sunday!

To me, this year's 70.3 WC has stepped up a notch and now has earned the WC with the level of competition. It's a shame that the athletes competing aren't getting the video coverage they deserve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Nearly 2min faster than Sanders. Just wait to see Mola, the Brownlees, and a few others deciding to line up at all the 70.3...

?? Come on Frankie...I consider you as one of the smarter guys on the 'Twitch. You think you saw the upper limit today from a 26 yearold who has only been racing 70.3 seriously for over 1 year now and already has several sub 1:09:xx to his name ?

sigh...I keep telling people......today the Colonel just wanted to introduce himself to the ITU boys...and it would appear ...to a bunch here on the twitch.

Say HI guys. (maybe the Colonel reads ST?:)

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Today's podium sponsored by Specialized. lol

Sanders got 4th. WOW!

+1. Good day for Specialized. Amazing race both by Gomez and Frodeno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad for Lionel's first race of the season

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm...I think we saw his upper limit of today, because if he could have run any faster, he would have ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
shady wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
shady wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
shady wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Except for the fact that he is not battling for the podium......

2 min down half way through run and he doesnt have an outside sniff for for 3rd?? Ok

You are now trying to shoehorn his position into a perceived battle for 3rd.

shoehorned into 4th . not bad eh chump??

He may have finished fourth, but you said he was in a battle for the podium. He was not. He never had a chance to finsh 3rd.

HAHA...OK Champ. He outsplits Don on the run but never had a chance!! Thats beautiful. You just KNEW (110% sure) at 11k that Don wouldn't falter ?? You are GOOD!. You should quit your dayjob and head off to Vegas

How much did you have on him winning?

I love betting...but only on the NFL:)
No..I had him in the prediction thread for 3rd. Got lots of laughs for that too...but he almost got there didnt he?? Not bad for his first summer of racing 70.3...no??

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever, dude. Yea, you first post of overly sarcastic and not necessary. Why I rarely post... shouldn't have broken the streak.

Just did a 15 miler, now trying to enjoy the beautiful day.

-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course it's not bad but he's still got a lot of swim work to do. Harder to make up that talent/ability deficit than if he was a strong swimmer/runner with a weak bike for example.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And just thinking back a few years ago, the triathlon spanish federation ( equiv to USAT) took away his license....what a visionaries.... Go Gomez!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
hmmm...I think we saw his upper limit of today, because if he could have run any faster, he would have ;-)

and you know I'm referring to longterm upper limit

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [blackduckracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackduckracing wrote:
Whatever, dude. Yea, you first post of overly sarcastic and not necessary. Why I rarely post... shouldn't have broken the streak.

Wow, sarcastic posts bother you....you must hate this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not hate, but dislike at times.... hence my lack of posts. Just thought it was ironic you called me out when about a dozen people remarked about the coverage. Must of cut you off in a race sometime or something!?

PS: great race by Heather W. Genuinely nice person and super fast!

gibson00 wrote:
blackduckracing wrote:

Wow, sarcastic posts bother you....you must hate this forum.

-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Hey, Asshat, he was never "in a battle for 3rd". Yes, he finished 4th and, with some bad luck by other racers, could have finished 3rd but it didn't happened. Keep looking through your rose colored glasses and congrats on being elected prez of the Sanders Fan Club!!!!

lol..Carefull now. I could get real personal here but won't cause my mama always taught be to be nice.:)

Cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've called me names in at least 2 previous posts and now you're going to get upset when I was tired of being the nice guy?

LOL!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jumping off topic, some great AG times, i see rich burke ran himself up to first with a 1:18 half
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:
jumping off topic, some great AG times, i see rich burke ran himself up to first with a 1:18 half

I hate that guy.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He lost the podium on the swim.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
tucktri wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:
I love how this forum loves Lionel sanders and dismisses the 2008 gold medalist and reigning silver medalist and world champion

Blind Canadian loyalty. I wouldn't say the whole forum. Cool dude but let's be real here. He's is a huge notch below Gomez and frodeno. And that's not a knock.

that there is some funny shit dude.
we need more comedians on the twitch. pls post more often

The real comedy of this thread is your worship of the Sanders dong. Or are you the girlfriend he mentions in his videos?
4 minutes in this race is huge. Especially getting those 4 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called you a comedian for saying he is a HUGE notch below G and F when he had fastest bike/run on the day and you reply with
that crudeness?!??
Guarantee you wouldnt want to say that to me if you and I were face to face, so why you typing it ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh oh. Shady will be at the playground at 3:15.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
I called you a comedian for saying he is a HUGE notch below G and F when he had fastest bike/run on the day and you reply with
that crudeness?!??
Guarantee you wouldnt want to say that to me if you and I were face to face, so why you typing it ?

Because it is a huge notch. We are talking about Gomez, Silever medalist, 4 time world champion at minimum. And frodeno. 2008 gold medal and from looks of thing favorite in kona.
You're probably right I wouldn't of said it to your face. Your 8th degree internet tough guy belt would have scared me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next