Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the numbers, yes, you are right, he was not close. But look at the full story. The difference is his swim time really. Plus don't forget Gomez and else who are beyond incredible athletes have ITU experience. I am extremely impressed by someone who lacks this experience, is that young, and is where he is at. It's not Canadian blindness, it's comparing apples to apples.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [alem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have looked at the numbers and did before I posted what I did. Which in all honesty was partly teasing to the Canucks. But to gain 4' in a 70.3 swim is huge. Not something that comes easy. Look at our boy Rapp. He's still trying to improve his swim to get up into the front groups of swims.
And sure Gomez has lots more experience. But let's be honest. He didn't peak for this race like most of the guys there. He was on his tt bike two times for an hour apiece in Stockholm and Edmonton. Imagine if this was his A race.
Sanders was great though. Hopefully he does improve his swim. And maybe he will be even better at the full distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree, agree, agree. Definitively 4' on the swim will take a while, if he gets there. At that level is more than a lot! Completely agree. Gomez, I was rooting for and agree with you, he was coming off of World's. Many were unsure he would win for that same reason. Agree on all of it. Sanders is racing IMFL this coming November, should be interesting to see how his ability translates or develops in full distance. Regardless, he is a great athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [alem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alem wrote:
Sanders is racing IMFL this coming November, should be interesting to see how his ability translates or develops in full distance. Regardless, he is a great athlete.

I would be very, very surprised if he doesn't podium in Florida. He and his coach are ticking all the right boxes from what I can tell.

ericM40-44 wrote:
tucktri wrote:
And frodeno. 2008 gold medal and from looks of thing favorite in kona.

not anymore.... or at least that's my thinking on it. He emptied the tank, especially during the later half of the run when he was closing a bit to Gomez. There are tons of guys who didn't race, or even Kienle, who didn't go that well today, that are better positioned to beat him after today's effort.
Well Gomez probably emptied the tank as well, but managed to win another tri (Beijing Int. Tri) one week after the 70.3 WC and two weeks after the ITU Grand Final.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I think it's virtually impossible to make up all of that time for him. If he does very well I could see him taking about 1:30 to 2:30 off of his swim time though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next