Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
katcycle wrote:
So I went and read the rules, which were ridiculously long, and I want to know why there isn't a special, "Powdered Donut" level that's like, 50/100, for all of us people with lives?

Mmmm... powdered donuts!

New rule suggestion...

As a new dad with a jog stroller, I want special status. I don't care what it is but since I now have special status at the store (people let me cut in line), with the ladies (oooh, he is so cute, wink wink), at work (sorry I am late, baby was...), and with my wife (you are my baby's daddy, *swoon*), I want special status here. I can't accept the reality of running 100 days straight - I need an excuse!

How about each run, I get 1.5 credit? I think that seems about right... Or at least, I get extra kudos (you did a SUPER good job) if I do all of the runs with a BOB.

Entire post was meant to be pink... I am looking forward to joining!

dforbes wrote:
I'd really like to do this as I am doing my last IM this summer because my knees are going.... so might as well crush them totally this year for a good time (pink)!!! Anyway, i've been biking a lot already and don't want to sacrifice that training thus far, anyone out there who's done this and managed to keep their numbers up on the bike? What was your system? Thanks!

I did it last year, although un-official because I couldnt get on ST, the year before I got to about 75 but had some stuff happen so I couldnt finish it.

Last time around, I found that the first few weeks were tough, but around week 4 it started getting easier and easier, I ended up taking 1 day off and doing it for another 75 days or so.

Once my body adapted, it was really nothing to get in a 30 minute jog, usually about 4 miles. Just start slow and in the initial parts of the challenge, just go for time, dont worry about distance. thats what worked for me.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [mike@wahoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike@wahoo wrote:
New rule suggestion...

As a new dad with a jog stroller, I want special status. I don't care what it is but since I now have special status at the store (people let me cut in line), with the ladies (oooh, he is so cute, wink wink), at work (sorry I am late, baby was...), and with my wife (you are my baby's daddy, *swoon*), I want special status here. I can't accept the reality of running 100 days straight - I need an excuse!

How about each run, I get 1.5 credit? I think that seems about right... Or at least, I get extra kudos (you did a SUPER good job) if I do all of the runs with a BOB.

Maybe if you load your body weight worth of bricks in the stroller.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONwolf wrote:
mike@wahoo wrote:
New rule suggestion...

Maybe if you load your body weight worth of bricks in the stroller.

If he loads his body weight of bricks in the stroller and the stroller leaves the ground on each stride, perhaps the resident jury on this thread can decide if the man deserves double points. Then again, we don't award 25% more points to guys who gained a ton of weight and run with a backpack and weight jacket, so I think the answer is "No bonus points".

By the way, I think the Japan, New Zealand and Aussie crew are way too kind. Seems like no grievances from that part of the planet while we were asleep. Seems like Canadians, Americans and Euros (do we count Brits in that???) are the only guys whining around here! Maybe the guys from that part of the world are just harder than us. I have no clue about the China crew as Slowman has banned every IP address from a land line in China.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im in China right now haha. Sucks for me that China got banned from ST. oh well, VPNs work. No whining here, im looking forward to getting it done.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
How much running each day do I have to do to achieve "Prancing Peacock" status?...I'm currently in the cellar with the lowly assholes and would like to lift my game..

----

You have already achieved prancing peacock Nick. Next step is "Rollicking Rooster"

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [walewanderer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, * f* does not equal * ' *.

Just saying :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So I went and read the rules, which were ridiculously long, and I want to know why there isn't a special, "Powdered Donut" level that's like, 50/100, for all of us people with lives?"

Because then someone would come on and whine "why isn't there a special level of 0/100 for all of us people with lives."

Someone has to draw the line somewhere, and some would contend that if you don't have time to run 30 minutes a day, it's not much of a life.

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In. Participated for the first time last year and only got to 56 but still PR'd my half marathon. I went from 1:51 to 1:37.

Trying to get to get to 80 with a 1:30 half mary goal time.

Thanks for setting this up again.
Last edited by: EvilMonkey: Nov 29, 12 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. This sounds like total fun. My biggest challenge will be actually logging the miles on the training log. I deal with so many spreadsheets in my daily life I tend to avoid them and use a simple hand written log.

I have a buddy who works at adidas. He's now on 11 years straight without a day off. His rule is a run to qualify has to be one hour. So that's 11 years of running at least one run of one hour. I've gotten off the plane after 14 hours to run with him. He's actually run during flight layovers. He's also run through two hospital visits. His story: He's a good runner and would take regular breaks in his running but during that time he always dealt with nagging injuries. Since his streak started he's never been injured. Imagine that. He's running 70 miles a week minimum with no injuries. There is something to consistency.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
In the mean time, perhaps we can get the annual questions and airing of grievances out of the way.

Welcome, newcomers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

Did you see the "pole" Kramer? "George, get over here and wrestle your father."

Its a festivus for the rest of us. "Frank, this holiday really scratches me where I itch."
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [mike@wahoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike@wahoo wrote:
New rule suggestion...

No.

:P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which ultras are you planning?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Ok after a two year absence I am back in on the challenge. I am officially challenging Bmanners and anyone who lives at Big White Ski Resort for top on ours ;)

I will be looking to go 100-110. I ind the two run days work well for me.

Cue the "Captain Canada training Plan" jokes

Game on, Firestorm and I are in. What are the stakes this year? We should have something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suck at spreadsheets, but I'd be willing to mess around with something on google that maybe we could all put our names down on and check off every day when we run starting on the 15th? maybe columns for time/distance, dates, first & last names, and what else??? I have no idea what I am doing with functions and stuff but maybe those aren't necessary.... but I know if there is a public doc that I can go to and "check off" the day I did something and see others do the same, I may be more apt to do it because I really want to try this. or, is this too much work for everyone and a dumb idea?

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn! I wanted to try to take a shot at the title but schedule is not going to work out this year. Next year then!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The more amazing thing about 11 years of 1 hour runs per day (aside from not getting injured) is that it appears the guy never gets sick! That is the best part of his success!

To dforbes, you enter on the ST Training log (look at the top right of your page). You can't enter in the challenge yet as I still have to set up the actual challenge in the log (not hard to do, I just have not done it).

In the mean time, please join Andypants December Drinking and Running Challenge.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want to get in more runs then you!
Notice I did not word it like-
"I just want to beat CaptainCanada"
After your workout post it would.....I mean never sound
Right again :0)

Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:

----

I have to stay in Oz longer than expected so no U.S ultras this year,then I found these races...

North Face 100,Katoomba in May..

National 100k Champs,Gold Coast in June..

National 24hr Champs,Sydney in June..

Steve King Classic in Sept..

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
JenSw wrote:

----

I have to stay in Oz longer than expected so no U.S ultras this year,then I found these races...

---

Nick, maybe ill come over and ru none of those with you!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONwolf wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
JenSw wrote:

----

---

Nick, maybe ill come over and ru none of those with you!!!

----

There are a few long ones in your neighbourhood that might be worth a look and the beer afterwards is much cheaper.

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, the beer here is CHEAP....but its also pretty shitty, I pretty much stopped drinking because I just dont like the beer...

What races are good around here? I know the great wall marathon is supposed to be cool, the north face challenge?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dforbes wrote:
I suck at spreadsheets, but I'd be willing to mess around with something on google that maybe we could all put our names down on and check off every day when we run starting on the 15th? maybe columns for time/distance, dates, first & last names, and what else??? I have no idea what I am doing with functions and stuff but maybe those aren't necessary.... but I know if there is a public doc that I can go to and "check off" the day I did something and see others do the same, I may be more apt to do it because I really want to try this. or, is this too much work for everyone and a dumb idea?

We generally use the challenge feature in the training log available here on ST.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, cool. I've never heard of it or used it but I like it and I'll check into it!! But I did find a template online that has some cool stuff if anyone is interested in it personally.

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next