Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdmike wrote:
Devlin wrote:
JoeO wrote:
I think the whole thing about airing of grievances is meant in a humorous manner. The humor lies not in the fact that he doesn't think people will complain but that the complaints have all been made a dozen times before and answered. The format is what it is because in his judgement, it presents the best balance. No format will satisfy everyone.

In other words this is kinda like the "Whine like a little bitch" thread for the 100 / 100.

No, mines an actual grievance, and it'll probably keep me from running the challenge this year. My biggest bitch is that the number one complaint is 30 vs 20 minutes for a minimum run, and Dev just straddles that old fence and refuses to listen to cogent arguments.

Not everyone runs that much every week, unlike ultra-tri-elitist over there.

John

So you just don't object, you strongly object. You want to go on record as objecting. done

You can join my 100 coffees in 100 days challenge if you like. You still get a ribbon if you only drink 1/2 a coffee a day.

Oh man, I'd SO win that one! I'd even win double that one! Maybe triple! i think i'm going to log coffee instead of run and call it all even. :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the sign-up?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said, I'm on the road a lot this week and most of my connected time is doing work or family related stuff and have done almost zero triathlon related stuff on the net this week (spending it in transit instead). I'll likely put it up on Saturday, but if I have time tomorrow before my flight I will do it....but my first priority is to run at the Roger Bannister Track on Iffley Road in Oxford tomorrow morning. I've been waiting to do this run since I ran track in high school and finally this seems like it will work out.....so if I don't get the challenge up its because I put a higher priority to run 4 laps around the same track that Bannister broke the 4 min mile at. I'm just thankful I can run. This will be a great way to kick off my 2013 run training season "1 day earlier" than usual (although this run won't count for the challenge).

Please be patient, the challenge will be up FOR sure by Saturday morning.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey is there something up with the Challenges page? Every time I click on it it asks for my user name and password but won't let me past that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Cannonball] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All set to start!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Cannonball] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cannonball wrote:
Hey is there something up with the Challenges page? Every time I click on it it asks for my user name and password but won't let me past that.

I have the same problem with Microsoft Explorer, but I can get in using Firefox
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [theCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
put it in ink on my training plan... However I have a flight out tomorrow! i'll have to wake up extremely early to get this first day it...

Time to put up or shut up! Good luck everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Tri-livin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in, time to party!

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry if i'm being a PITA here, first time i've actually looked at the "training log" page with the "challenges" tab... will this challenge be post starting tomorrow? I'm kinda pumped to try this and signing in everyday is the accountability i need to do something like this!!

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will my run ups and barriers from Sundays 'cross race count towards my 30 minutes?

Ready for this to start. I have been low on motivation for early morning runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah,I can't find the challenge on the challenge page either.....and as I have a 24hr track run to do in 118 days,if I am not right up there in the top group AND don't run over 240k during the race I'll have to face the music and get deleted from ST..

I'm gonna have to do some study on these rules in the next day or so..
---
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Dec 14, 12 7:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck Dev and thanks for organizing this. Quick question... I plan to get in on this so if I happen to log my 1st run on this tommorrow and its before you get the challenge up will I have to relog the run for it to count or will automatially pick it up out of the log since its already there?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything you log in the training log tomorrow and beyond that meets the challenges minimum rules, will automatically count towards the challenge when you join.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im in I have never ran more than 6 days a week should be interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I did 88 last year - a much rounder number than 100, but I'll still try for 100 this year.

Good luck to all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not? I'm in. Aiming for 5-6 runs per week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st IM on march 23rd. HITS Ocala. im in, shooting for 70
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [bothepat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK...let's end the grievances, no more complaining about the minimums or the rules. I just got back from business in Europe and will have some time to put up the challenge this evening for the start tomorrow.

I ended up 2012 season (or should I say I am starting my 2013) season, with a very slow 6:26 mile at Iffley Road in Oxford UK....this is where Bannister finished his 3:59 mile...every time you measure a mile split in the challenge, well thank Bannister for imprinting it in our heads. For me, I barely broke 4 min at the kilometer mark going through in 3:59! I was hoping to run sub 6, but I am totally out of shape for speed....too much steep hill work lately, zero fast foot speed and 8 lbs up on race season.

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 14, 12 15:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THats a nice pic Dev, Im really Jelous. Im a day ahead of the NA crowd too, I got started early today (its 8:20am here now). 4 painful miles with my injured lower back. going for 100/100
Quote Reply

Prev Next