Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What am I missing here???

Is this guy really crying because he wants to run 20 minutes a day??? I remember when people were hardcore here on ST, I remember looking at the 100/100 log and seeing people hit an hour a day...what happened???

Bmanners....YOU are going down!!!! did you reak 20 min for the 5k yet???
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONwolf wrote:

Is this guy really crying because he wants to run 20 minutes a day??? I remember when people were hardcore here on ST, I remember looking at the 100/100 log and seeing people hit an hour a day...what happened???

Pretty sure he didn't yet .. Although his chief competition (moi) crack the 19 minute mark ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm signing up knowing I won't hit all 100. I can live with that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It's easy, and free!!!!
Damn i paypal'ed Dev. a 45.00 entry fee

Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
I'm signing up knowing I won't hit all 100. I can live with that.

Pussy

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IRONwolf wrote:

Close but no. Maybe Dec 16 th.

Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONwolf wrote:What am I missing here???

Pretty sure he didn't yet .. Although his chief competition (moi) crack the 19 minute mark ;)

Baaaa.... It must of been short and downhill :0)

Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:

Yeah something like that ;)

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rawr!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:

It must have been short.....I followed his EXACT training plan for a year and couldnt break 25mins.....must be bad genetics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My complaint is that I can't find the 100/100 in the challenge section.

Maybe my complaint is that I'm so technically inept; but if anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it.

twomarks
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [twomarks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your complaint is valid....the link will be up there on or before Dec 15th. Till then get your running done in the Dec running and drinking challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright then - I'm in!

First year and am gunning for 70 as realistic and 84 as the push.

Happy running!

twomarks
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [twomarks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many in the 60+ age group signing up?

SM Gose
Red Lodge, MT
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [rbow_trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in again this year.
Last year I went 100/100.
It was fun.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for all the whiners about the time minimum - i'm spending the two weeks before 100/100 running every day. this week has been just 2 miles every day, next week i will step it up to 3 miles. if you can't transition from 2miles to 3miles to 30minutes, then you probably shouldn't be doing 100/100. or you're just so damn fast than 3 miles = 15mins and thus 100/100 minimum means doubling your runtimes :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in again this year! Last year I either did 72 or 68. The challenge counting confused me so I gave up figuring out and took the higher number. This year I live in the same city as my girlfriend so hopefully her presence will not affect my training. Last year I missed 12 training sessions due to visiting her. Hoping to hit 80 this year.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy does not even meet the 30 minute minimum on 10K forget about 5K

The two most beautiful gold medals of the London Olympics in endurance sport (sorry to all the Brownlee fans).

Staking out the Kenyans. Take it home for Great Britain young man!

This one was like magic....closing with a sub 4 minute mile...thank you Sir Roger for beating down the path....now the boys are closing with sub 4 min mile at the end of a 5000m....last lap 53 seconds! Look at the face of that man. I think he even shocked himself with that finishing speed.

Training partners rejoicing....100/100 illegal 10k run...even illegal after a victory lap jog

Maybe the two best back to back weekends in long distance running since Emil Zatopek.

OK, are the rest of you guys motivated yet for the 100/100. It's Friday 5 pm, and I'm going to be at work late....good time for a diversion back to two glorious weekends in August in London....you Brits don't know how good you had it summer. In a couple of decades, you'll look back to a pretty amazing summer of sport between Chelsea winning the UEFA Champion's League, Wiggins at the Tour and the Olympics.

OK, back to the grievances on this thread.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 7, 12 14:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in ... are you going to add it to the challenges?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Joe24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do we find the challenges? How do I join, etc?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,
Thanks for organizing this. I'm thinking about trying 80/100 this year.

Not to bogart your thread, but does anyone know if there are going to be any other challenges in the winter of 2012-2013?

-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [Mrdavidalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be done through the Training Log here on slowtwitch.

http://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges

The 100/100 has not been added yet, but it will be up soon I'm sure. Even if it isn't up by Saturday, if you log all your runs they will count towards the challenge once we can join.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Maybe I should get it started. Why is the minimum run 30 minutes?..

Why is the minimum in minutes at all? Say I normally run 5k in 25 minutes well what if I just dog it and do 30 minutes? That's ok? Should be a 5-7 km minimum.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Maybe I should get it started. Why is the minimum run 30 minutes?..

Why is the minimum in minutes at all? Say I normally run 5k in 25 minutes well what if I just dog it and do 30 minutes? That's ok? Should be a 5-7 km minimum.

Its an arbitrary rule. But it does make sense, we all race minutes, not miles correct?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Starts on Dec 15th....annual airing of the Grievances [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattAune wrote:
It will be done through the Training Log here on slowtwitch.

http://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges

The 100/100 has not been added yet, but it will be up soon I'm sure. Even if it isn't up by Saturday, if you log all your runs they will count towards the challenge once we can join.

Yes, I will try to put it up some time this week. I'm on business travel a lot, so it may take until Saturday when I am back home but as Matt said, once it is up and you join the challenge it will automatically pull your runs in starting 15 Dec.

Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next