Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
or perhaps only rider that kept his previous level after serving the ban.

That's the eff'd nature of the doping agencies and UCI setting that "50" hematocrit level. People are born with some kind of level that ebbs and flows a little over time and racing. The ones born with less could do more to raise their level. Those born closer could not.

I'd guess that with the assumption he isn't doing doping any longer, he was perhaps one of those closer to the limit already and naturally. I think the blood was both perf and recovery based whereas the EPO had more to do with the "50" number itself.

So it would make sense he was caught up in Puerto but still able to hold a level afterwards.

Maybe it's "50", can't remember from reading the scandalous tell all books.
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So...there are enough doping threads in the main forums. We're not discussing anything that hasn't been discussed 100x before.

So...pardon my laziness, but in an effort to get this back on topic...where is World's next year and what type of course is it going to be?
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
So...there are enough doping threads in the main forums. We're not discussing anything that hasn't been discussed 100x before.
So...pardon my laziness, but in an effort to get this back on topic...where is World's next year and what type of course is it going to be?

Yorkshire! They'll basically do the 2014 Tour Stage (~110mi) then some more challenging circuits to get the World's distance (170mi). Finish is in Cav's mom's hometown. Feasible that it ends in a sprint but a difficult course to control for 7 hours.

Great venue for North American fans!

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...world-championships/
and looking even further ahead:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ke-place-in-flanders

In other news, where will USAC masters nationals be? Still no word on that?!?
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure some juniors dope, but I believe that is age 18, not 12. I don't think 12 years old dope.

That talk about getting serious, I've heard many times. I think it's how it works.
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Jason N wrote:

Wow...the road race and TT look to be very punchy. Road race circuit doesn't have any flat road on it and it ends with an uphill 300-400m uphill kicker. 284km long too. Only 362 more days...
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Please, someone to name one by one the pros who are fully clean and the evidence...
Greg van Laundromat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt. I wish my DVR could schedule 362 days in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no proof as to who is clean. But there is proof that some guys were not clean at some point. I choose to support the guys with a clean vest.

Also what message do we send to juniors?

A: When you dope and get caught your career is over. You might sit out your ban and come back but no-one will ever cheer for you again.

Or

B: When you dope you sit out your ban and come back and still be a national hero.

I think we should make sure that a junior that stands before the decision to dope should know it is the first and not the second option.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:

but they keep draggin' me back in.......
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
ecce-homo wrote:
or perhaps only rider that kept his previous level after serving the ban.

That's the eff'd nature of the doping agencies and UCI setting that "50" hematocrit level. People are born with some kind of level that ebbs and flows a little over time and racing. The ones born with less could do more to raise their level. Those born closer could not.

I'd guess that with the assumption he isn't doing doping any longer, he was perhaps one of those closer to the limit already and naturally. I think the blood was both perf and recovery based whereas the EPO had more to do with the "50" number itself.

So it would make sense he was caught up in Puerto but still able to hold a level afterwards.

Maybe it's "50", can't remember from reading the scandalous tell all books.

I think it was 55, normal male range typically goes up to 52-54 depending on the study.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Ben King and Joe D are clean. If either of these guys were ever popped, I would resign as McNulty.
There are a lot of clean guys out there....a lot more now than 8-10 years ago.
Ben picking up 2 Vuelta stages is a very good sign.

on what basis are you so confident they are clean? because they are good all-american guys who wouldn't do that stuff, because no american has ever... oh wait. only the individuals themselves and maybe their doctors can actually be certain.
By the logic some are using, Ben picking up 2 Vuelta stages is a sign that near the end of the year he was desperate for results and did what he had to. i also prefer to see it as an indication that you can win clean but i don't consider any of this to be factual. everyone is clean until they aren't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
Jason N wrote:

Wow...the road race and TT look to be very punchy. Road race circuit doesn't have any flat road on it and it ends with an uphill 300-400m uphill kicker. 284km long too. Only 362 more days...

no worries, just 5 more months to the Spring Classics :)

McNulty wrote:
Jason N wrote:

which one do you prefer? Pacino original, or the version in the Sopranos (as an homage to Pacino)?
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said...
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Jason N wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
Jason N wrote:

no worries, just 5 more months to the Spring Classics :)

McNulty wrote:
Jason N wrote:

which one do you prefer? Pacino original, or the version in the Sopranos (as an homage to Pacino)?

Sopranos. You?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
Jason N wrote:

Does Sagan win in 2019 on the Harrowgate circuit?

Does he win in Switzerland in 2020?

Or does he wait until 2021 in Flanders to take a record 4th World RR title?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Word.
Maybe some transfer banter.....

Or we could talk about upcoming races ...

Who you got for Lombardy? Only 11 days away!

Pretty much the same course as last year. Who can carry their form from Worlds?

I'll be cheering on Bardet. And Woods too. And I'll be hoping Nibali can pull a rabbit out of his hat.
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Jason N wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
Jason N wrote:

Does Sagan win in 2019 on the Harrowgate circuit?

Does he win in Switzerland in 2020?

Or does he wait until 2021 in Flanders to take a record 4th World RR title?

How many world titles with Sagan end his career with? Over under 6?
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

I'll absolutely take the under. 6 is awfully ambitious. Even 3 so far is verging on super-human, so I'm another voice saying 4, especially given the courses for the next three years. By 2022 there will be new blood and new challenges and he'll be old.
Last edited by: T-wrecks: Oct 3, 18 8:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would also go with under.

On sheer talent, he would be on track (no pun intended) for 6 for sure. But a course that doesn't suit him (it's no secret that this years course was not suited to him) would effectively eliminate him from contention before the race even starts. I have tons of respect for him, I even watch some of his videos with my son (who loves the footage of him bunny hopping the centre median and cutting a roundabout to get a jump on the pack in one race) but it's going to be under for sure. It will still be an epic career.
Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Word.
Maybe some transfer banter.....

Or we could talk about upcoming races ...

Who you got for Lombardy? Only 11 days away!

Pretty much the same course as last year. Who can carry their form from Worlds?

I'll be cheering on Bardet. And Woods too. And I'll be hoping Nibali can pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Nibs owns that race. Bardet, much respect from Worlds. Woods- would be great but he's gotta be tired.....

Valeffingverde has won it twice I think. He'll be loose and playing with house money from here on out so he's got to be a threat if he starts it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

Sopranos. You?

begrudgingly, this one. I feel that the Sopranos made it more popular, as Godfather III was just god-awful, and not many saw it as a result

Quote Reply
Re: *****Road Worlds (spoilers) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and McNulty are bastards for pulling me back in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

I'll absolutely take the under. 6 is awfully ambitious. Even 3 so far is verging on super-human, so I'm another voice saying 4, especially given the courses for the next three years. By 2022 there will be new blood and new challenges and he'll be old.

I think he gets 5. He is so good at one day races at the end of the season. Realistically, he has 7 or so more years at peak form, with another few years if he wanted.
Quote Reply

Prev Next