Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are everyone's thoughts on the Planet X Pro Carbon 82/101mm TT Wheelset?

649 for a complete wheelset sounds like a hell of deal, but I"m curious if the depth on those wheels are too much for hilly courses, I'm doing IMWI next year as my first IM and cautious about wheel weight.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [JChi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any specials on the carbon road frame built as a complete bike - Ultegra and/or Dura Ace?

I've been eyeing the 2009 Cervelo RS which is on sale now and has gotten fantastic reviews. How does this frame compare in quality, weight, ride characteristics and suitability for hilly terrain?

Thanks

Thanks for the note. On our website, we do have the option for you to build a complete bike. If you start at the FRAMES section, add the color and size you want, there is a drop-down box that you allow you add a BUILD KIT. At checkout, enter the SLOWTWITCH promotional code, and the frame price will be reduced.

Example: Pro Carbon SL Road Bike with Sram Rival: $1,653 + Shipping
Pro Carbon SL Road Bike with Ultegra 6700: $2,105 + Shipping

Stealth TT bike with 2010 Sram Force: $2,055 + Shipping
Stealth TT bike with 2010 Sram Red: $2,655 + Shipping

** A quick disclaimer...we do NOT stock groupsets...complete bikes will typically take 7-10 days from order to shipping...We custom order and build to your EXACT specifications to ensure the best fit **

Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The link on the build kit details still does not work. Can you please fix that too?

Link is fixed...boy, I didn't realize how many broken links we had...sorry!!
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the link for the alloy frameset regarding weight, specs, and faq's doesn't work on your website. Interested, but you need to include more specifics on the framesets so we know what we are getting.

Link is fixed...thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [planet-x-usa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sold!

Reduce 1 Small Stealth from your inventory. Awesome deal, thanks Brian.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

649 for a complete wheelset sounds like a hell of deal, but I"m curious if the depth on those wheels are too much for hilly courses, I'm doing IMWI next year as my first IM and cautious about wheel weight.

Very respectable wheelset and at that price it's an awesome deal. Definitely not too deep for hilly courses...not too heavy either.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode IMWI on this wheelset in 07 and 09. Did 5:30 and 5:15. Had zero issues with them.
Last edited by: funkman: Dec 4, 09 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Very respectable wheelset and at that price it's an awesome deal. Definitely not too deep for hilly courses...not too heavy either.

Does it come in a clincher or only tubular?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Does it come in a clincher or only tubular?

The 82/101 wheelset is only in TUBULAR. If you are looking for a deep clincher wheelset, I have several pairs of 85mm front and 85mm rear made by Edge Design in Taiwan...a great set...no decals...2-year warranty...$789...3 left!! Same wheel as pictured below...no decals though. 1828g front and rear...Shimano or Campy.

Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Will you ship to Australia?

I believe that there is a distributor in Australia. I don't want to step on toes. If they don't have what you're looking for, I'll be happy to help!!
Just let me know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian,

Can you split the 101/82 up? I'm just interested in the rear wheel in a shimano. I bought a set of the 50/50 tubulars. Also is there any discount on components? I'd like to get the stem, seatpost and seat to go along with the frame I bought a few months back.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [beltro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Brian,

Can you split the 101/82 up? I'm just interested in the rear wheel in a shimano. I bought a set of the 50/50 tubulars. Also is there any discount on components? I'd like to get the stem, seatpost and seat to go along with the frame I bought a few months back.

Thanks!

I can do the rear only for $400. I really don't like breaking the set up, but I'm sure someone out there will want the 82 front...right everyone? PM me about the other components...I have LOTS of stems, seatposts, saddles, etc. PM me and we'll work through the 101mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you charge extra for red text?

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone had asked about the stack and reach for the various sizes and I'm interested in find out too since its not listed here or on the Planet X website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a link to a good site showing how to mount tubulars?
I have never rode tubulars and never wanted tubulars, but the deal on the 82/101's was just too good to pass up.

Any suggestion on some good tubular tires would be appreciated too.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have never rode tubulars and never wanted tubulars, but the deal on the 82/101's was just too good to pass up.

Link to ST's info:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...nance/tiremount.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

VeloNews also just did an article on glueing tubulars - take a look on their website. It was for cyclocross tubulars so the gluing method is for the tires to STAY ON, I "think" Tri/TT people like to glue a bit differently - for easy flat changes.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is 20% off an "insane deal?" Not ripping on Planet X o the fact that they are giving a discount but just curious about the marketing.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [Doitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How is 20% off an "insane deal?" Not ripping on Planet X o the fact that they are giving a discount but just curious about the marketing.

I think the "Insane" deal is not the 20% off, but 20% off an already low price. Not sure you could find any similiar products at close to the same prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parktool.com have tons of links
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are everyone thoughts on the Renn 5ive Eight compared to the Planet X Carbon 50mm? I am looking at both in clincher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one more deal for you guys out there...

2010 Sram Force OEM Groupsets (6 left) Include your choice of the following:
  • 2010 Sram Force Carbon Doubletap Road Shifters or TT900 Carbon Bar-End Shifters and Brake Levers
  • 2010 Sram Force Carbon Crankset (53-39), 170, 172.5 or 175
  • 2010 Sram Mego Exo Bottom Bracket (english only)
  • 2010 Sram Force Carbon Rear Derailleur
  • 2010 Sram Force Front Derailleur (34.9 in stock / Braze and 31.8 arriving by Friday 12/11)
  • 2010 Sram Force Brakeset
  • 2010 Sram PG-1070 Cassette (12-23 or 12-25 in stock / 11-23 and 11-28 arriving by Friday 12/11)
  • Sram PC-1070 Chain
  • Brake and Shift Cables included
  • Jagwire Housings included

For 2010, the new SRAM Force admittedly borrows from SRAM’s professional Red components: unidirectional carbon, wider skeletonized Dual Pivot design brakes and the lighter /stiffer BB30 crankset option - All this for a total weight of 1951g.

$929 + shipping takes it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how about 650 wheels, are they still not available in the US?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
how about 650 wheels, are they still not available in the US?

sorry...still no 650's in the U.S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a Planet X owner. WHY DOES PLANET X KEEP AVIODING A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ASKED TWICE ABOUT THE STACK AND REACH NUMBERS FRAMES. THIS IS A CRITICAL BIT OF INFORMATION NEEDED BY ANYONE WANTING TO PURCHASE A FRAME.
Quote Reply

Prev Next