Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Would you recommend tape over glue? What glue would you recommend? And what valve extenders and size would you recommend (or something else)? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to tubulars.

Gluing is the "preferred" method. With this being your first time, I would not necessarily recommend you doing this yourself. Your LBS should be able to do it no problem. We recommend the Continental glue...don't use Mastik...we've had some problems with their chemicals damaging the carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [planet-x-usa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And valve extenders? Recommendation? Then I'll stop bothering you. This clearly hasn't been worth it for YOU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And valve extenders? Recommendation? Then I'll stop bothering you. This clearly hasn't been worth it for YOU.

Are you kidding? Advice to my customers and prospective customers is why I do this!! This is the best part of the job. As you can imagine, I stock several different types of valve extenders. I also have them in silver, black, gold and red. Just tell me what you prefer, and I'll send them out to you for only $13...including shipping!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see this on your website. Do you also sell tires?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's listed as special order I'm guessing that's just as bad as out of stock and is no go for the deal?

--DB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Wow, that was uncalled for. Hasn't he answered every one of your questions??
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Misunderstood. I was not dissing him. I was trying to convey that I buy a wheelset from him and then I hit him with a hundred questions. My point was that after having to answer all my questions, the sale probably wasn't worth it to him. He has been GREAT in responding to my many posts and has also answered several PMs I sent him. Sorry if it looked like I was attacking him or ungrateful. Strictly a miscommunication. He has been great. I have been a pain in asking so many questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, my bad, misunderstood!
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I order a complete set - rims, valve extenders, tires, skewers, cassette?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can I order a complete set - rims, valve extenders, tires, skewers, cassette?

Absolutely!! So, you know the price of the wheels as listed. The valve extenders, carbon specific brake pad and skewers are $42 for all 3. I have the Vittoria Corsa EVO CX tires in stock (only 2 left), and I will mark those down from $150 to $140 for the pair, and the cassette will depend on the kind you want. The tires are the NEW Vittorias, with 320tpi. I have a LOTof the 2010 Sram Force Powerglides in stock, and will offer that for $62. Let me know!!
Last edited by: planet-x-usa: Dec 10, 09 17:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I didn't see this on your website. Do you also sell tires?

Yes...we do sell tires as well. My 'high-line' are the NEW Vittoria Corsa EVO CX, 320tpi tubulars...I'll sell the pair for $140. If you want a good training tire, I sell the Schwalbe Milano's for $90 for the set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the 82/101 Wheelset the equivalent to a Zipp 808/404 in terms of depth and weight? This seems like a great deal, what I am missing here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great prices, I think Ill pick up some of those wheels.... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Sent

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [Cycle Chris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are the 82/101 Wheelset the equivalent to a Zipp 808/404 in terms of depth and weight? This seems like a great deal, what I am missing here

You are correct...what's missing is that Zipp certainly has a nice advantage with their patented dimpled technology. Zipp is an outstanding wheelset if you can afford them. These PX 82/101's are ALSO fantastic wheels, and are used by MANY of my pro's. Head to head in the wind tunnel...Zipp likey comes out on top. Last comparison...Zipps cost about $2,000 more.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any specials for the complete stealth bike built?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [len727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I get the road frame with BB30?
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [len727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any specials for the complete stealth bike built?

PM me with the component group you're looking for as well as the wheel type (alloy or carbon) and I'll put together a package for you that you CAN'T say "no" to...
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [wesclimb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can I get the road frame with BB30?

Sorry...no BB30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

You are correct...what's missing is that Zipp certainly has a nice advantage with their patented dimpled technology. Zipp is an outstanding wheelset if you can afford them. These PX 82/101's are ALSO fantastic wheels, and are used by MANY of my pro's. Head to head in the wind tunnel...Zipp likey comes out on top. Last comparison...Zipps cost about $2,000 more.

Sorry for my ignorance but doesn't the 82/101 refer to rim depth and if so wouldn't these match up the Zipp 808 an 1098?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchased the road frame for my wife. Thanks for the great deals.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Purchased the road frame for my wife. Thanks for the great deals.

Thanks for the purchase!! It's shipping first thing tomorrow am...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a bike, but I'd like to speak to a person to verify a few things. Is there any way I can speak to a person to ask a few questions first? I sent an email from the website. Please call. I'm at a Chicago area code.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you offer the 50mm tubular front in all black, no decals?

Ride Hard! Have Fun!
Quote Reply
Re: PLANET X: **INSANE** CHRISTMAS DEALS [waltermist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a special on the Uncle John CX bike? I see it on the website but was not listed here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next