Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
Just watched the mens . Nice to see Conor Bentley back in form, after being injured last year There could be a case for him for the relay. Always been a solid all rounder triathlete.

Decent win that, I'd have thought that would put him in the conversation at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the one drawback though, may be his lack of experience in the relay. Not sure how many he has done. Was in that distasteris one in Hamburg. Think it was during that, that he got injured, so he had a very poor leg as a result
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Not to keep rehashing, but Spivey being left off was fair. She didn’t AQ, they went with who they thought has most medal potential, they chose well.
I would love it if they announced Spivey now for Paris. I think it is smart to take a look at Katie in Cagliari, then either pick her or Gwen for the discretionary spot. Unless Kasper shows something wild in Cagliari, bring her as the alternate.
Gwen had the second best run of the day and has a shot if they all come off together. If not, Team Taylor should be up front.
juanillo wrote:
Just watched this video post race Yokohama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df8HFzkUx90 , min 4.08 onwards.... man, she cannot be that "arrogant" in an interview. If she did not get a good result, you must accept that things have changed, difficult job for the interviewer. Compare her attitude to Spivey who was left out of Tokyo and still smiling not having assured her ticket to Paris... I really have been rooting for Gwen but she is also complaining that is out for Cagliari...well, she´s got 5 women ahead in the ranking, including Ackerlund who is not in the start list for Cagliari (neither Yokohama nor Abu Dhabi...I ignore if she has been injured) subbed in by Zaferes.
Think that assessment is a bit unkind. Spivey, with that result, (#4) may not have AQ'd but she's surely stamped her selection ticket.

Jorgensen has tried super hard; some cards have fallen her way to get to 5th USA and a start in a WTCS race by right (care with which rankings you use). But the interview was immediately after the denouement of her comeback campaign and it'd be amazing if she were not disappointed (not "arrogance": she deserved a Cagliari start but Zaferes, for USA national reasons, deserved it more. When you saw Rappaport just hanging around at/off the back of the main chase group (with Jorgensen maybe 3 wheels ahead) I still think USAT made a decision error by not subbing Rappaport out for Zaferes (to allow both mums to race Cagliari given there's no AQ opportunity there): but hey, it's done now.

Kasper seemed chirpy and after her excellent race I'm not surprised. If Zaferes stumbles in 4 days time, it's conceivable Kasper might get selected. Kasper matched Spivey within a few seconds SBR and same at Pontevedra (NB Spivey managing injury). Kasper (on the evidence/results available) is super close to Zaferes. It may come down to who does best in Sardinia.
Quote Reply

Prev Next