Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [Azmini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
No longer on the Switzerland start list ffs.

Last chance saloon at Lake Placid. Do wildcard slots still exist?

It’s Ironman’s race, I’m assuming they could give a slot to whoever they want to. Kinda like when they give Blum a wildcard into Kona after winning the gold medal, even though race was cancelled.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
No longer on the Switzerland start list ffs.

Last chance saloon at Lake Placid. Do wildcard slots still exist?

nothing on his instagram about this - have we heard he's pulled out, or . . .?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing on social media but his name has been removed from the start list.

On Placids start list….
Last edited by: Azmini: Jul 5, 23 21:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
Nothing on social media but his name has been removed from the start list.

On Placids start list….

Just seen the start list for Placid and his name is not down. Looks like he will miss the world champs this year. Big disappointment for me - Nice would have been a far better course for him than Kona with a harder bike leg and cooler race. Hope he gets back, Ironman is much more fun when he races.

Edit: https://www.facebook.com/...=pcb.295845683016879

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Last edited by: earthling: Jul 19, 23 4:07
Quote Reply
Re: [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gutted for him, some will have a different view but personally, I admire his determination to keep going despite the last few years being ravaged by injuries. Hope he can salvage his season some how, he is still down for PTO in US I think and is qualified for Finland.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His name is in the tracker. Bib 4. Placid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is still on start list on Ironman website, https://www.ironman.com/pro-athletes
https://files.constantcontact.com/...054-7a1049c2cc4a.pdf
Last edited by: Island: Jul 19, 23 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: [Island] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His socials have not shown any running in a while. He’s occasionally spotted cycling with Potter and some swim stuff but zero running at all.

Mark Matthews on Pro Tri News mentioned how quiet he’d been on socials but also claimed no insider knowledge…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid that list is not updated. Three of the races are already finished there
Quote Reply
Re: [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn not at placid either, that really sucks!
Quote Reply
Re: [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody knows if he's finally racing? He's still on the updated startlist from IM and also on PTO's website so there's still hope!

https://files.constantcontact.com/...054-7a1049c2cc4a.pdf
https://stats.protriathletes.org/race/im-lake-placid/2023/participants
Last edited by: Xath10: Jul 21, 23 5:24
Quote Reply
Re: [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper on Pro Tri News said he hadn’t seen him at Placid and he and Mark suggested he was injured (of course he is).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like he’ll start the PTO US Open. This is based on a post made 2 days ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
His socials have not shown any running in a while. He’s occasionally spotted cycling with Potter and some swim stuff but zero running at all.

Mark Matthews on Pro Tri News mentioned how quiet he’d been on socials but also claimed no insider knowledge…

Not a good sign at all, the most running I've seen on his socials for years was pre Ibiza (we all know how that went)
Quote Reply
Re: [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Azmini wrote:

Not a good sign at all, the most running I've seen on his socials for years was pre Ibiza (we all know how that went)

Yes, at the end of the day, us fans of the sport are the losers here. Alistair (and Javier) would have added a lot of interest to the IM Worlds in Nice. If I were Ironman, if you have been an Olympic champion (in triathlon only obviously) or a past Ironman world champion (70.3 or full), you get an automatic invite to the 70.3 and Ironman Worlds every year until you retire as a pro. Would also make it easier for Kristian and Gustav to juggle both short course and long course. I would even extend the criteria to past WTCS World Champions (and therefore encouraging Leo Bergere to dabble in both post Paris).
Quote Reply
Re: [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Azmini wrote:

Yes, at the end of the day, us fans of the sport are the losers here. Alistair (and Javier) would have added a lot of interest to the IM Worlds in Nice. If I were Ironman, if you have been an Olympic champion (in triathlon only obviously) or a past Ironman world champion (70.3 or full), you get an automatic invite to the 70.3 and Ironman Worlds every year until you retire as a pro. Would also make it easier for Kristian and Gustav to juggle both short course and long course. I would even extend the criteria to past WTCS World Champions (and therefore encouraging Leo Bergere to dabble in both post Paris).

I agree to a certain extent, but what is the point of IM extending an invite to Nice to someone who hasn't managed to get himself to a single IM start line fit and healthy this year? If they did invite him, what would be the realistic chances of him starting/finishing?
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gave up on Bronwlee. I was hoping I was going to see some amazing performance by this guy, but he doesn't even show up to race. One race(Ibiza) he did, everyone passed him during the run. He should just retire. He maybe an Olympic gold medalist, no one matched him in the past, but he doesn't live up to the hype anymore. Not inspiring at all.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
One race(Ibiza) he did, everyone passed him during the run. He should just retire. He maybe an Olympic gold medalist, no one matched him in the past, but he doesn't live up to the hype anymore. Not inspiring at all.

He's done 4 full distance Ironman races - and won 3 of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Island wrote:
s13tx wrote:
One race(Ibiza) he did, everyone passed him during the run. He should just retire. He maybe an Olympic gold medalist, no one matched him in the past, but he doesn't live up to the hype anymore. Not inspiring at all.

I was talking about Nice qualification. I hope he got a wildcard or something and shows up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
.............. He maybe an 2x Olympic gold medalist.......................

Fixed that for you..............

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I gave up on Bronwlee. I was hoping I was going to see some amazing performance by this guy, but he doesn't even show up to race. One race(Ibiza) he did, everyone passed him during the run. He should just retire. He maybe an Olympic gold medalist, no one matched him in the past, but he doesn't live up to the hype anymore. Not inspiring at all.

Exactly what many naysayers naysaid about Ryf. She's past it. Hopeless. Can't keep up with the new girls. Embarrassing herself. Should retire.
Now remind me how that no hoper did at Roth ? Ahhh yes. So past it and hopeless she only took 10 minutes off a record that had stood 12 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Island wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Exactly, posters on here make out he's got a terrible LC record when he's actually shown more than most pros at 70.3 especially!

I think he's still got a few incredible races left in him if he times his injuries right. (Hes got two big races in him a year I think)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the bigger issue and this applies to 95% of the pro proton these days. All is good when you’re cruising and dictating pace. Put a little pressure on people and suddenly things go to hell in a hand basket quickly. Again this is for most athletes when racing in a world class field, and atleast in LC many races aren’t full of world class fields very often,

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's came 2nd in two 70.3 worlds in stacked fields again not many elite pro will get to that level!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
He's came 2nd in two 70.3 worlds in stacked fields again not many elite pro will get to that level!
Welcome to the weird world of Slowtwitch where coming second in a world championship is a mark of excellence for some and just not good enough for others. Don't worry,I am confused as well. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next