Quote | Reply
He is....

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:
Why Ironman. He’s never winning Kona. So what’s the point. He has no business doing fulls, but could be a contender at the 1/2 or PTO race. If a 100k race drained him that much, no chance he could be ready for Nice anyway.

For those with amnesia, he was injured plenty in the years between winning gold in 2012 and... err... winning gold in 2016.
FFS have a word with yourself.

And…………….. What has that got to do with winning IMWC / Kona…..
Quote Reply
Re: [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Non-starter, I regret
https://www.tri247.com/...onman-austria-france
Friday16 June: ". . . confirmed that Brownlee will not be racing in Klagenfurt, or . . . in Nice on Sunday week. With less than a month until the qualifying window for the [September IMWC] closes, Brownlee’s options are becoming increasingly limited."
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Jun 16, 23 3:29
Quote Reply
Re: [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh ffs.

I suspected this would be the case as he hasn’t posted about them at all.

Last chance to qualify in Switzerland and Lake Placid. Looking like another wasted year.
Quote Reply
Re: [Azmini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
Last chance to qualify in Switzerland and Lake Placid.

Or the UK.
Or Germany.
Or Spain.
Or Kazakhstan.
Quote Reply
Re: [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
Azmini wrote:

Or the UK.
Or Germany.
Or Spain.
Or Kazakhstan.

Needs to be a pro race and they aren't
This is the list: https://files.constantcontact.com/...b8b-d6f69d45eccd.pdf

At least I should finish 1st Brit in IM France now 🤣

Full-time Engineer / Part-time Pro Triathlete
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/benwgoodfellow/
Strava - https://www.strava.com/athletes/3085032
Website - https://benwgoodfellow.wixsite.com/bengoodfellow
Quote Reply
Re: [BenwGoodfellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BenwGoodfellow wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
Azmini wrote:

Or the UK.
Or Germany.
Or Spain.
Or Kazakhstan.

Needs to be a pro race and they aren't

That makes sense..........everyday is a school day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
Oh ffs.

I suspected this would be the case as he hasn’t posted about them at all.

Last chance to qualify in Switzerland and Lake Placid. Looking like another wasted year.

Yes, the best we can hope for is that he qualifies at one of those and then races Nice. But the likely scenario is that he qualifies at one of those and then is hurt for Nice. Time for Ali to move on to coaching and broadcasting, or maybe stick to 70.3's (maybe).

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are we assuming injured or still 'not ready'? ... is anyone in the know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guy needs to retire. Stick a fork in.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been saying this for a year plus.

No disrespect but he’s ruining his legacy.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the guy just loves racing and doesn't want to do anything else? His legacy isn't going to be ruined just reflect the reality that people get slower* to race and recover when they age.

*his slow is still faster than most.
Last edited by: Lurker4: Jun 16, 23 18:34
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was so sure he was going to win PTO but it didn’t happen. I bet it hurt to be getting passed by so many people. I will never witness his winning. I can only watch his victory from old YouTube videos. I feel sorry for the dude.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I was so sure he was going to win PTO but it didn’t happen. I bet it hurt to be getting passed by so many people. I will never witness his winning. I can only watch his victory from old YouTube videos. I feel sorry for the dude.

Don’t feel sorry for him. The way he trained which allowed him to dominate caused what I’m sure is some long lasting issues. It also seems like he could never learn how to turn it down as he got older, which unfortunately no one beats getting older especially when you can’t train differently.
Quote Reply
Re: [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Don’t feel sorry for him. The way he trained which allowed him to dominate caused what I’m sure is some long lasting issues. It also seems like he could never learn how to turn it down as he got older, which unfortunately no one beats getting older especially when you can’t train differently.
Think you're being unkind and seem to have "sureness" without foundation.
Why not feel 'sorry' for a fellow athlete who has struggled in recent years, and previously, with injuries, mixed in with years of sporting dominance? Reasonable to feel sorrow for spectators not having a fully fit Brownlee able to take it to Messrs Frodeno, Blummenfelt and Neumann (does Long get a mention?) on courses longer than two hours (was great to witness his battle with Iden up the Col de Vence and along La Promenade des Anglais in September 19).
As for the "way he [used to] train [has] caused what I’m sure is (sic) some long lasting issues", what gives you any such assurance as to the way he trained "caused" the issues. Maybe it's just the way all athletes tend to suffer a higher incidence of injury as the years go on.
Surprised you have an insight into his current training regime and how, according to you, it has not changed and he "can't train differently". BS.
Quote Reply
Re: [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alistair reminds me of Kenenisa Bekele. Bekele has struggled to stay healthy in his post track marathon career. He's DNFd/DNSd a lot of races but has had a few really solid results. Alistair will pop off a good race every now & then but just isn't the same athlete he once was, as he gets further & further away from his prime. & there's nothing wrong with that as long as he's ok with that. He's not damaging his legacy, or whatever. He just loves triathlon & if he wants to keep trying to make it healthy to a big race then he should.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ruining his legacy? I live pretty cloak to AB and JB and around here we have the Brownlee foundation. it's just seen its 50,000 school child take part in triathlon. Those two have done more for children sport in the UK than anyone else I can think of. AB has been appointed onto the IOC Athletes commission. He helped st up the PTO. He is still giving to and taking part in a sport he loves after wining 2 olympic medals. Pretty damn fine legacy he is leaving in my opinion - and still some way to go. Only damaging thing here is comments that he should retire.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You proved my point. His legacy is no longer racing. It’s what he can do for the sport after being a professional

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
You proved my point. His legacy is no longer racing. It’s what he can do for the sport after being a professional

And yet his comment Only damaging thing here is comments that he should retire. was spot on.
Quote Reply
Re: [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:

.... after wining 2 Olympic GOLD medals. ...................

FTFY

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will retire whenever he wants, fortunately he doesn't pay attention to bloggers. One of the reasons he is probably the best one-day racer in history is that he has always been so aggressive both in training and in competition, but that had and still has consequences. It will always be nice to see him toe the line anywhere
Quote Reply
Re: [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the Switzerland start list on July 9th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Azmini wrote:
On the Switzerland start list on July 9th
he better be if he wants a Nice slot.
Quote Reply
Re: [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xath10 wrote:
He will retire whenever he wants, fortunately he doesn't pay attention to bloggers. One of the reasons he is probably the best one-day racer in history is that he has always been so aggressive both in training and in competition, but that had and still has consequences. It will always be nice to see him toe the line anywhere

...probably the best one-day olympic distance racer in history...
Quote Reply
Re: [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No longer on the Switzerland start list ffs.

Last chance saloon at Lake Placid. Do wildcard slots still exist?
Quote Reply

Prev Next