Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
Quick thought beside all rumors of Lucys new bike sponsor: is it possible that SPECIALIZED clashed with RED BULL sponsorship?

It is interesting to see that Specialized stopped all their Red Bull Athletes. Maybe RED BULL wants to be the new main sponsor and that didnt work for SPECIALIZED and Lucy, Reece, Braden and Kristian.

....any thoughts or Infos?

Isn’t Richard Murray a Red Bull and SWorks sponsored athlete?

Marketing hype is very similar to a Pinarello reveal from a couple of years ago. But cervelo have a red logo as well?

Either way I find LCB about as charismatic as Gwen Jorgenson so won’t be buying anything she promotes. And let’s face it the majority of what both have to say is plugging sponsored items with dull abundance!

A direct strike to the top of the nail with a large hammer there.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems kinda odd how every post that mentions a certain bike brand just magically disappears....
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
22kjackson wrote:
Seems kinda odd how every post that mentions a certain bike brand just magically disappears....
Hmmmm. Guess that confirms she's on Dodecahedron for 2021. At least twice as good as that other bike brand.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [MrPG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrPG wrote:
How about a Look Mono Blade? LCB was in the Dubai Look dealer on their opening day.

I vote Look too.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do make pretty bikes, and the aerobar they released recently is super cool. I still think its gonna be factor though.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
22kjackson wrote:

AND thread

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy is now following the.brand she will ride on Instagram, is that official enough to discuss now?

Good looking bike, I just don't understand why they have not build in storage for spares in that giant BB area, would it not be obvious to do so?
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Lucy is now following the.brand she will ride on Instagram, is that official enough to discuss now?

Good looking bike, I just don't understand why they have not build in storage for spares in that giant BB area, would it not be obvious to do so?

Doing a very quick scan of who she follows it seems like she follows basically all the brands....Felt, Argon 18, Cube, Canyon, Specialized....
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
lassekk wrote:

Doing a very quick scan of who she follows it seems like she follows basically all the brands....Felt, Argon 18, Cube, Canyon, Specialized....

That said it seems that Reece is following both Cube accounts and I didn't see him following any other brands...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
Kickr wrote:
lassekk wrote:

That said it seems that Reece is following both Cube accounts and I didn't see him following any other brands...

Cube just posted to their instagram stories two pics with their triathlon bike - first one says "We've spent years perfecting our bikes." The second one says "Our new rider has spent years perfecting her performance".

Seem pretty obvious Lucy is going with Cube...
Last edited by: Kickr: Jan 18, 21 7:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s updated with her now
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:

Thanks - just saw Lucy posted with her new Cube bike. Interesting choice. I would have thought Canyon would have offered her more given their lineup of pros.

Question to those who know aero more than I do - how does the Cube bike stack up to the other bikes on the market? Is she giving up anything in terms of aero/time/adjustability?
Last edited by: Kickr: Jan 18, 21 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting choice indeed. I remember reading a post by Rasmus Svenningsson (M25 Kona winner of 2018 - now working with DTD if I'm not mistaken) saying that he chose the Cube Aerium because it was aerodynamically better than most other choices on the market - and that advantage was mainly the results of efforts put together by Cube in collaboration with Jean-Paul Ballard. He is not sponsored hence me quoting all of this .

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
mike s wrote:

Thanks - just saw Lucy posted with her new Cube bike. Interesting choice. I would have thought Canyon would have offered her more given their lineup of pros.

Question to those who know aero more than I do - how does the Cube bike stack up to the other bikes on the market? Is she giving up anything in terms of aero/time/adjustability?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also now I'm even more curious as to Paula's new sponsor.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheapest complete bike ÂŁ6000.
SRAM FORCE etap (mainly). Magura brakes.
Cheap Fulcrum Alu training wheels.

Think they've missed my part on the market nearly as much as Specialized did with the last Shiv.

Back to a debate going on in my head on either a P-series + new deeper wheels, or a Canyon that already comes with some half decent Reynolds or DT Swiss wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy now rides Cube
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMP_UFl659/
Last edited by: crayzeee: Jan 18, 21 7:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Also now I'm even more curious as to Paula's new sponsor.

Paula follows two bike brands on Instagram it seems...trek and specialized with the later a more recent follow.

Does that mean anything? Who knows....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m also interested in seeing where Rinny ends up... as she still hasn’t announced her new sponsor. I wouldn’t expect anything soon, as I’m sure she quite busy at the moment, but still interested none the less.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:

I think that bike came out before BB frame storage started making an appearance. Likely the answer is that they just didn't think of it. I've had the same thought though.

Frame set price is far lower than competitors and includes the magura brakes/levers for that price. It already has a good nutrition/hydration setup (since the update to make it more robust).

If they add BB storage and replace the brakes with something that isn't discontinued, it would be top of the heap again.

Also, SwissSide at the time said the Cube is at least as fast as the gold standard (presumably P5-6). Meanwhile Specialized's old Shiv was slow in all shootouts and they didn't say the newer one is faster. Just that it's optimized for high crosswind. Doesn't inspire confidence about the speed of the new Shiv. Given some of the big square edges on the bike such as the hinges on the basebar and thick downtube, it doesn't pass the eyeball wind tunnel either. Should be safe to assume assume Cube is faster than the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Paula Findlay has received her new bike. Very curious to see what she got.

Btw French female athlete Manon GenĂŞt (15th in Daytona I believe) has switched from Trek to Specialized.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here's an article featuring Specialized Triathlon Program Director.

https://www.tri247.com/triathlon-news/industry/specialized-triathlon-2021-changes

Sounds like their general contracting philosophy they tend to structure a whole lot of VIK and provide the athlete a lot of value that is away from salaries and bonuses. They're also going away from 100% Head to Toe sponsorship if an athlete they contract has existing relationships.

So when they target new contracts for athletes that haven't been on Specialized before they're not in a bidding war, it also seems like they avoid them completely. Also, going all in on the Olympics is now looking like a horrible idea considering the Japanese government has determined it's not feasible.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a Specialized box in the garage of their latest video:

They're staying at a rental iirc? So it could possibly be something the rental owner left there.
Last edited by: dzel: Jan 24, 21 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [dzel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dzel wrote:
There's a Specialized box in the garage of their latest video:

They're staying at a rental iirc? So it could possibly be something the rental owner left there.

She’s also following Specialized on Instagram. I think it’s more than likely she’ll be with the big S family this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric Lagerstrom just posted on YouTube that Paula Findlay is going to have a bike reveal video this Saturday in addition to the regular TTL vid on Sunday.

Folks over on that post speculating that the bike is Cervelo based on the shop she’s getting fit at and the Zipp cockpit in the pic.
Quote Reply

Prev Next