Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merida is left field ! They still make that warp tri or whatever it was ?
Would be weird to see her on a cannondale for some reason. Just don’t see that.

I agree with pinarello as an educated guess. Her and cam. Actually cam had a cheeky post on her ‘all will be revealed’ Insta post so maybe it’s a sign he knows something?
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
I don’t know what bike brand it is. But I do know that I hate hype marketing, teaser posts, talking about on a certain day an exciting announcement will be made. I blame Apple for creating this culture

But I get hyping things up gets more people talking, allows for more social media posts that leads to more clicks, yada yada yada. I guess I’m just an old at heart curmudgeon that doesn’t use social media and just like boring old press releases

What company did the hype a few years ago about the new product that was going to revolutionize bike riding?

Turned out it was a freaking helmet 😂
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The colours in her IG post match with Ineos team in cycling...

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferluinavela wrote:

Joining Wurf???

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe, cheaper than any other sponsorhip that Ineos are making at this moment

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Her “coming soon” announcement on Instagram... the lighting tells you but you have to think a bit outside the box. Think cycling and not triathlon.

Walmart
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Her “coming soon” announcement on Instagram... the lighting tells you but you have to think a bit outside the box. Think cycling and not triathlon.

Walmart

I love this prediction because it is both goofy and plausible at the same time. The family has infinite resources, and interest in cycling and their own bike brand. The only clue that it isn't WallyWorld is the hint of the color scheme. I don't think they have any red associated with the brand.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Rideon77 wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Walmart

I love this prediction because it is both goofy and plausible at the same time. The family has infinite resources, and interest in cycling and their own bike brand. The only clue that it isn't WallyWorld is the hint of the color scheme. I don't think they have any red associated with the brand.

Has Viathon said anything about moving into the triathlon space? I could have sworn they meant to be a gravel only brand, then added MTBs, and now they have multiple road models. Like the only thing missing is a TT bike.

Did they fire their social media manager and not hire a new one? Haven't posted anything on instagram since June and nothing on Twitter and Facebook since their black Friday sale.

Looks like there was a thread posted here asking if the brand was killed: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...Viathon%3F_P7405499/

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jan 16, 21 10:26
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick thought beside all rumors of Lucys new bike sponsor: is it possible that SPECIALIZED clashed with RED BULL sponsorship?

It is interesting to see that Specialized stopped all their Red Bull Athletes. Maybe RED BULL wants to be the new main sponsor and that didnt work for SPECIALIZED and Lucy, Reece, Braden and Kristian.

....any thoughts or Infos?
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean it is too bad, that we won´t be seeing this beast in action:

Credits to
https://nutandboltdesign.com/
https://www.instagram.com/nutandboltdesign/
Last edited by: Chris_Mint: Jan 16, 21 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferluinavela wrote:
That’s what I thought
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. She's now in Dubai.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Chemist wrote:
I don’t know what bike brand it is. But I do know that I hate hype marketing, teaser posts, talking about on a certain day an exciting announcement will be made. I blame Apple for creating this culture

But I get hyping things up gets more people talking, allows for more social media posts that leads to more clicks, yada yada yada. I guess I’m just an old at heart curmudgeon that doesn’t use social media and just like boring old press releases

What company did the hype a few years ago about the new product that was going to revolutionize bike riding?

Turned out it was a freaking helmet 😂

Which they are now being sued for
https://cyclingtips.com/...elmet-safety-claims/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
Quick thought beside all rumors of Lucys new bike sponsor: is it possible that SPECIALIZED clashed with RED BULL sponsorship?

It is interesting to see that Specialized stopped all their Red Bull Athletes. Maybe RED BULL wants to be the new main sponsor and that didnt work for SPECIALIZED and Lucy, Reece, Braden and Kristian.

Isn’t Richard Murray a Red Bull and SWorks sponsored athlete?

Marketing hype is very similar to a Pinarello reveal from a couple of years ago. But cervelo have a red logo as well?

Either way I find LCB about as charismatic as Gwen Jorgenson so won’t be buying anything she promotes. And let’s face it the majority of what both have to say is plugging sponsored items with dull abundance!
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty sure Richard Murray is on a BMC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

Marketing hype is very similar to a Pinarello reveal from a couple of years ago. But cervelo have a red logo as well?

Either way I find LCB about as charismatic as Gwen Jorgenson so won’t be buying anything she promotes. And let’s face it the majority of what both have to say is plugging sponsored items with dull abundance!

Richard Murray is riding BMC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

yikes - how do you really feel?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
SheTries wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

yikes - how do you really feel?
Guess you can't please everyone.

From a consumer perspective there has only been one product line pimped by a triathlete that I have ever purchased from in all my years in the sport and that was Tinley gear in the 90's.It was awesome stuff.I am a cheap-ass triathlete so there better be a good reason for me to pry my wallet open and no amount of product placement will do that.

From a fan perspective, I find Lucy,Reece and Lola among the few triathlon personalities that I am interested in following.They are fun to follow and when they pimp products they are open about it.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TommyBTri wrote:
pretty sure Richard Murray is on a BMC?

Yes, my mistake sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

Murray left Specialized in 2018.
I just checked. There are no Red Bull athletes left in the big S-Team.

Interesting
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriEnduro wrote:
Just throwing my guesses out there and that I agree Pinarello is a good pick. But two other brands that come to my mind and would find very interesting are Cube and quite possibly Merida.

I had Merida in mind at the beginning thinking that her and Kristian may both switch to that, mostly because of the partnership between Bahrain and the brand - and KB riding in Bahrain with the prince (not sure about his title) who was on a Merida. But now if she is in Dubai it does not work that well anymore.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper is also in Dubai. Doesn't necessarily have to be product related for LCB.

Ordinarily at this time of year northern European pro athletes would be in Spain or the Canaries. As well as Covid issues, and having recently left the EU, Dubai is a very easy option for UK athletes to head to at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paula Findlay just confirmed in the chat alongside the launch of her and Eric's weekly TTL video that she is, in fact, switching bike sponsors. Said the new bikes arrive tomorrow, and she'll reveal all soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vincent Luis
Quote Reply
Re: What’s going on with Specialized athletes? [stevesimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a Look Mono Blade? LCB was in the Dubai Look dealer on their opening day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next