Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just kind of scanned over things, can you connect/use two remotes with the same rear shifter? ie could I have one on the extensions and one on bullhorn?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
15% off coupon this weekend, GETOUTANDRIDE

I think the Xshifter was a great idea. Minimal maintenance and I can destroy as many rear derailleurs as I want and not have to pay $500 a pop. Very important for any off road activity.

Pity that Xshifter messed up their marketing and delivery. Archer is a direct copy of their idea but have been more successful at bringing it to market.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn... getting pretty tempting. $310 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jflan wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GAJWVGO i used the XShifter to go wireless for my 1x S&S couplers travel bike.

A bracket that mounts on road bars and allows some freedom of position would be a good thing for Archer to provide. Pretty simple really. The location you have looks pretty ideal.

Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Just kind of scanned over things, can you connect/use two remotes with the same rear shifter? ie could I have one on the extensions and one on bullhorn?

No idea. Email them.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saul from Archer sent me this. It's something Grizzly Cycles put together for a customer on a gravel bike. I don't know what that bracket is, but there is probably something that would fit under the brake hoods.

Last edited by: rruff: Aug 30, 19 15:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the xshifter pod would only fit on a drop bar after dremeling a bit of material away. the fixed and clasp style sram matchmaker mounts both would not fit on a drop bar at all. that's why i went with the xshifter. i also emailed archer a ways back and asked why they were ignoring a decent part of the market (cross and gravel, and to a lesser extent road 1x) but they said they were thinking about it... but i think machining a small clamp that fit the slightly bigger diameter of the drop bar would be very easy compared to everything else they had already done.
agree on xshifter muffing up their distribution, i was able to get mine on ebay way before kickstarter backers got theirs, then got another with the mini pod through the new US distributor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this popped up on my e-mail again today. It is still xshifter but the company name has changed and the shift pods look refined. Anyone had experience with the new format of this shifter? The thing I see as interesting is that a shorter cable will be far less prone to stretch issues than a long cable so that would mean fewer cable related adjustments over time? one other thing that looked kind of cool but not sure I would ever use the feature is voice shifting, or at least that is what it looks like but the web site is pretty bare bones. Also short term price drop to 199 USD.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a XSHIFTER in myTT/road bike 1X11 paired with a shimano 105 deraileur and it works pretty well.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [PBARBOSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people don't know this but you can make an 11speed RD work with a 12 speed cassette with the Archer D1x so long as the maximum range of the RD is compatible with your cassette. E.g. you can use a SRAM Rival 1 RD, Rotor 12 speed cassette, Archer D1x, and have a wireless 1x drivetrain that works with your Shimano HG freehub body all for about $700.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the xshifter, i use a long cage rival1 RD, and use it on both an 11speed set up and a 10 speed set up. since there is no indexing at the shifter end, you are only limited by how far the derailleur can travel and by its capacity. so the set up i have pictured could have a 11-42 11speed for climbing with whatever front ring i want, or 10 speed 11-25 for flat roads (i dont have road 11 speed stuff). i just change the profile on the app. it's on my travel S&S bike, so the only cable i have to disconnect for packing it the rear brake. i just pull the RD and xshifter off the bike as a unit when in goes in the box, and pick whatever cassette i think i need for the trip. probably similar ability for archer. the caveat i have heard about is that the eagle 12 derailleur doesn't play well with xshifter because the spring force is higher than other RDs and when the battery gets lower, it has trouble overcoming this to actually shift. don't know about archer in that regard.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
YES! THIS! I'd gladly take a 11-32:11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,22,25,28,32. Do I need it no, but I ride A LOT in the 16t, as well as really liking the 32.

Actually an 11 speed, 12-32 would probably be a lot more useful for most of my training.

There are a few 11-32 cassettes that have a16t. I searched for the same thing and settled on the Rotor. The Edco/Recon looks closer to what you'd want for the 5 big gears, and it's about as light as a Sram Red cassette. You could also get a Miche cassette with 12-32 (or any custom combination) for about $70 from a place that assembles them, like TheCyclingClinic.

Rotor 11-32 (152 grams): 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 23, 27, 32
Edco 11-32 (214 grams): 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32
Recon 11-32 (214 grams): 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32

I'm guessing Recon makes the Edco cassette since they look, weigh, and cost the same
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love that for cyclocross. Currently I use a 10 speed bar end set to friction with a clutch mtb rd so I can run either 9 or 10, but it has a bit of friction and is slow. I could put the button thing on the drop facing in. I like it, thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I installed the Archer D1x on my TT bike. Some notes and unsatisfactory experience:
  • The shifter and mechanism that goes on the chainstay was ~3x larger than I had expected
  • It added 0.5lb in weight over a 1x Force AXS set up
  • The shifting was a tad slow
  • But here's the kicker: the battery in the shifter would not stay seated. I think the springs that hold the AA battery in place were too tight. This meant that in less than 20 miles of riding, I had to stop 5 times to unscrew the shifter box and re-seat the battery. The screws that hold the cover on the shifter are insanely small, so of course I lost one.
  • I tried it and decided it wasn't for me. I asked to return it and Archer says I'm just barely outside of the 30-day return window. I had waited for other parts to come into stock before installing the Archer shifter, so this delayed me being able to ride it.
  • They say I can warranty it. I'm going to gift it to somebody and let them deal with the warranty. Not worth my time and that's just piss-poor customer service. I think it's an easy fix, but just not something I want to deal with. I put in long rides and having the shift cut out on me is not going to work. And further, I couldn't get the shifter to pair with the shifting mechanisms easily, which definitely won't work in T1 during a triathlon. I'm willing to be forgiving with this being a mtb product, but the company not offering a refund doesn't sit well with me.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fwiw I had that problem with the battery losing contact.
I wadded up some aluminum foil and jammed it in to bridge the space

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Fwiw I had that problem with the battery losing contact.
I wadded up some aluminum foil and jammed it in to bridge the space

Thanks for the feedback. Archer wrote twice that they’d never seen the issue - I’m really not a fan of when a company doubts the customer, insinuating the customer is at fault: ‘let me guess, you were just riding along?’ #JRA mechanics swap hi-5’s

Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I remember you had a Archer D1x you are complain about. Would you mind sell it to me? I also wants to try it out. Thanks!
My number is 3134550170. Please text me.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [cowtony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowtony wrote:
Hi, I remember you had a Archer D1x you are complain about. Would you mind sell it to me? I also wants to try it out. Thanks!

I already gifted it, but thank you!

btw, the person I gifted it to glued some old butyl inner tube strips inside the batter cover and the battery stays in place, so problem easily solved and he loves the product

Last edited by: milesthedog: Apr 4, 21 9:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Cool, thanks for the information. I really don’t like the rear shifter mounted in my TT’s extension bar so this might be a perfect low cost solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [cowtony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowtony wrote:

Hi there. I have an Archer D1x system that I started to install for a build but ended up not using it. It has never been ridden and I'd like to sell it. I can take some photos and text you tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s cool! Thank you Nelo. My number is 3134550170
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nelo, just want to confirm you have contacted me and we agreed the price and etc, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cowtony wrote:
Hi Nelo, just want to confirm you have contacted me and we agreed the price and etc, right?

Yes it is me that has been texting you :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since someone else revived this thread, I thought I'd add my recent modfication to my "RestoMod" CX/Gravel bike.

X-shifter is now sold by Cell Cycling https://cell-cycling.com/shop/

I added an "E-Link" actuator and "Mini Pod" shifter to my Cannondale XS800, to shift a SRAM GX10 MTB derailleur on a SunRace 11-42 10sp cassette. $250 total and it got here (CA) from Taiwan in a mere few days.

I did that because I needed something better than the bar end shifter or the old Suntour "butterfly" Commandshifter (modified for 10sp) I had tried previously, paired with the Magura brake levers needed to drive the HS33 hydraulic rim brakes. Front ring shifting is still done with a downtube shifter, since I might shift that maybe once per ride ;-)

So far so good. Setup was pretty simple (once I figured out the phone app), and I have to say that the shifting is more precise than the shifters I had been using previously. I love the fact that it means I can basically run ANY cassette and ANY derailleur with each other. The easily swappable battery on the X-shifter is a nice touch as compared to the Archer batteries I've seen. Thought you all might appreciate it. I could see this working EASILY on a TT/Tri bike.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
Thought you all might appreciate it. I could see this working EASILY on a TT/Tri bike.

Thanks for posting that Tom! I'll love hearing how it works for you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next