Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I´m not sure how exactly you use TP but you could try 2PEAK. It is a platform developed with Sebastian Kienle with automated dynamic training plans that will adapt if based on your abilities, training, races, recovery, etc. there are also loads of analysis tools on the web and mobile app version.

It is definitely a different thing than training peaks but for most people training for triathlon it could completely replace it and provide more value. They offer a free 21 day trial to see if you like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [TBrownRuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the website it says that the app is free but when I go to the app store it says you have to pay...have you experienced that?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not have that issue but could be because I created my account on the web version and then just logged in on the app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will try from my desktop.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
Thanks for checking out 2PEAK as a training alternative. Yes there is a free 21 day trial and you should get this regardless of if you register with the app or on the web.

Can I ask which app you are using? We do have multiple apps so that athletes doing different sports can find us easier. As a triathlete I would download "Tri2PEAK" but with Bike2PEAK and Run2PEAK you should actually get the same functions including the free trial.

After you put in your email and answer a few basic questions, height, weight, training age, available training volume... you should get to a screen like this...

If you are still having issues or have any other questions feel free to reach out to me personally at T-roy@2peak.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [2PEAK Training] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I just downloaded Tri2Peak. Is there way to import data from Training Peaks? I have been doing some training so it would be good to get started with something that takes my previous workout history into account.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes once you make the connection to Training Peaks, Strava, Garmin connect, etc... the last 60 days of your training should automatically start to sync. Additionally you can add older training sessions by uploading them manually.

I responded to your other questions in the email :)
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [2PEAK Training] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I saw thanks for that

Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:

If you have feature requests, I am also keen to hear those. What is most important for you in a platform?

Turn off the marketing splash screens for paying customers trying to log on each day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds good and promising, looking forward to trying it out. TP has a lot of room for improvement, and it is disappointing in my view to see the exact same mediocre (yet adequate) product year in year out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please explain "pace efficiency" to me? It has units of "%", the description only says "HR / pace", but I can't figure out a permutation of HR and pace that results in a values I see in my uploaded data. Note: I'm used to Efficiency Factor with units of yards / beat.

Initial impressions:

The color scheme is hard to view. Pastels on white is just too low of a contrast. My monitor is a bit old, and its color rendering isn't perfect. So, many of the pastels just blend into the white. At first there were some that I couldn't see at all. But, I color calibrated my monitor and that helped some. The colors need to be more "bold" so that you are less vulnerable to less than perfect monitors. A perfect example is the green in the elevation profile---I can barely discern this green.

The fonts are too small. And again there are several places where you have light grey text on a white background (also about 6pt). VERY hard to read for a 51 year old male.

The workout template editor is pretty painful to use. Visualizing the effects of the various parameters is tricky. I still haven't figured out exactly what the ">" symbol does. It looks like it creates sub-steps. But, I haven't made sense of the differences. EDIT: I figured it out....yes, its substeps----So, you can repeat a sequence of steps. But, its not clear at all....and, I couldn't find anywhere in the documents that describes this. Maybe its in the videos. I don't like videos, I can read a heck of a lot faster...and I can skim for what I'm looking for. The modals also drive me batty---ugh, modals suck in soo many cases. Let me edit the fields in the table instead of forcing me to open a modal that covers up everything else I was looking at. The builder NEEDS a graphical depiction of what's being created. The cognitition required to think my way through the interface, interferes with my ability to think about the workout I'm trying to create. Its just a lot of mental overhead that shouldn't be necessary.

But, the ability to create a progression over a period of weeks is very nice. That said, it seems that once I drop a template onto the calendar and create a progression over N weeks (on "Tuesday"), those workouts are created separately and are no longer associated. So, if I change my mind, or want to move them around (maybe I decide it fits better on Thursday instead of Wednesday)...I need to move/delete each one every week independently. These database actions are pretty slow taking several seconds each.

I like the PMC at the bottom of the calendar (or whatever you call it). I like the idea that I can create training periods, but you seem to call them plans, rather than meso-cycles or training periods. Seems to me a plan is a collection of training-periods culminating in an event. That terminology seems odd. I would like to be able to plan the PMC directly...ie, specify the target CTL/ATL/ramp rate/etc for a particular period. Then I'd want to see how planned workouts match up with the training plan CTL/ATL profile. In other words make the PMC prescriptive....not just descriptive.

I like the hover over actions on the calendar items, and most objects on the display. Weather forecast doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe that only works in Aus?

I would like to be able to resize the various pane boundaries: left, right, bottom. Instead of just on/off.

My garmin calendar shows 2x workouts for each scheduled workout on my calander: Tempo (with heart rate targets) [#####], Temp (speed) [#####].

Probably more to follow as I play around with it more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a basic less expensive log, coach or athlete, Garmin Sync compatible, take a look at: gofasttrak (dot com)
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainingPeaks is not wasting time, working hard around the clock to deliver meaningful updates to it's platfrom.

New effin colors for the cards and icons... https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...ks-calendar-refresh/
Can't believe they had balls to even write a blog post about such a minor UI tweak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriDot has a decent platform. They are still working on features that are standard with TP, but they have the AI side to it that's a different dimension.
Final Surge has also gotten into the game and thrown some cash around being an IRONMAN partner. IRONMAN is pushing them big time.

I coach in TP and TriDot, and exploring Final Surge, but right now TP hits the sweet spot for me as a coach and athlete.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [TriJayhawkRyan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does it compare to Tri2peak another AI platform? By the way does tridot support stryd?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reviving this post. Anybody has new impressions for an alternative to TP?
My premium membership just expired and I’m ready to experience something new.
With basic functionality, you know, like a moving average for weight (to give average weekly weight), for instance.

http://powerful-problem-solving.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [Arnaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Intervals.icu will do the job for you. You can plot all sorts of things on the fitness page and choose how to average them etc.. Here is 7d moving average of my weight. Porked up a bit recently!

https://intervals.icu
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [Arnaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today’s Plan gives you a free 7 day trial. Has a lot of customization options, and different tools. If you’re competing in Zwift Academy, the account is free for 8 weeks, with a ZA dashboard. Check it out.

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [David Tinker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have checked intervals before, but I did not see a way to sync weight (my actual weight is logged in garmin connect whenever I step on the scale), only to manually set it. Are you changing it manually or is there an option I missed?
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [tomdefietsbom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enter it manually. I am busy adding support for all kinds of wellness stats (weight, HRV etc.) and will be integrating with Garmin Health soon. You can currently sync weight from Strava so if you can it it there it will work today.

https://intervals.icu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi There, if you are a coach please take a look below for a TP alternative,

My name is Aris Myrkos. I’m a peer endurance coach and an exercise physiologist (MSc, Ph.D. (c). ) My team (scientists, developers, coaches) and I are developing a new coaching platform, to help coaches train, manage & monitor athletes more efficiently, in less time. We’re looking to bring real value to a coach’s workflow. Use it for FREE to train yourself and 1 athlete or get a custom Pro subscription and only pay for the number of athletes you’ll be coaching.
We’re looking for your FEEDBACK, to help make our platform even more valuable!
We may not have the most complete feature set on the market yet. But we have an incomparable advantage. We recognize the coach’s value. In our app, athletes can neither create a program, nor voluntarily change the program designed by their coach! So, most importantly, we FOCUS ON THE COACH and will always develop our product to the coach’s needs.
Please, take a look at sciencetraining.io. Don't hesitate to contact me directly! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
Today’s Plan gives you a free 7 day trial. Has a lot of customization options, and different tools. If you’re competing in Zwift Academy, the account is free for 8 weeks, with a ZA dashboard. Check it out.

Last season, I was thinking about looking for an alternative to TP, getting increasingly tired of the status quo. Missed the auto-renewal (which, by the way, I really don't appreciate, give me a headsup before renewing me, it's just curtesy) so I grudgingly stayed with TP, and canceled the auto-renewal. Came across this thread, and decided to give Today's Plan a trial.
3 or 4 days in, this looks like a winner :) Will be using in conjunction with the excellent intervals.icu

Plus
- The TSS-like weighting of running versus other sports
- Global UI looks sleek and practical, minus a few hicups here and there
- Progressive workouts building, and globally the workout builder experience
- Nice documentation
- DashboardS with stats and stuff. Not just one dashboard!
- Free, no strings attached trial

Cons
- Can't create a workout using a % of power, has to be a zone thingy (not a huge deal most of the time, but still impractical in my opinion)
- I don't see any equivalent to a yearly training plan, just to set the target T-scores and set a progression, with events, phases etc.
- Planning builder is Cycling only (related to previous point I guess?). As a side note, I wanted to have a look at the all made plans, and it's asking me for a start date. Well OK, but maybe give me the option to set it by end date, like an event (yes, I'm lazy and don't want to calculate ;) ) Plus, the start date has to be the current week!
- No Strava import (to be fair, this is mostly because my bike GPS is a Karoo, which doesn't support --yet-- synching of rides to Today's Plan)
- Can't figure if there's a way to have a proper elevation correction for runs (it doesn't seem to resynch using the Correction when enabled in Garmin Connect, and I can't find an elevation correction feature like Training Peak has)
Last edited by: gooopil: Nov 1, 21 20:39
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [gooopil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Todays Plan, best feature for me is the ability to export custom workouts from my training plan into zwift, instead of having to build them.

Not sure if the other options have the same thing, haven't checked. I found this highly convenient though, and makes indoor training a bit less of a pain.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Training Peaks [gooopil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gooopil wrote:
JimVance wrote:

Last season, I was thinking about looking for an alternative to TP, getting increasingly tired of the status quo. Missed the auto-renewal (which, by the way, I really don't appreciate, give me a headsup before renewing me, it's just curtesy) so I grudgingly stayed with TP, and canceled the auto-renewal. Came across this thread, and decided to give Today's Plan a trial.
3 or 4 days in, this looks like a winner :) Will be using in conjunction with the excellent intervals.icu

Plus
- The TSS-like weighting of running versus other sports
- Global UI looks sleek and practical, minus a few hicups here and there
- Progressive workouts building, and globally the workout builder experience
- Nice documentation
- DashboardS with stats and stuff. Not just one dashboard!
- Free, no strings attached trial

Thanks, and great to hear you are enjoying it! If you're a stats guy, or want to chart anything, if a metric is put into Today's Plan, it can be graphed and charted. Make your views specific to what you want to see, fully customizable. Check out our YouTube channel for a lot of good help videos.

gooopil wrote:
Cons
- Can't create a workout using a % of power, has to be a zone thingy (not a huge deal most of the time, but still impractical in my opinion)
- I don't see any equivalent to a yearly training plan, just to set the target T-scores and set a progression, with events, phases etc.
- Planning builder is Cycling only (related to previous point I guess?). As a side note, I wanted to have a look at the all made plans, and it's asking me for a start date. Well OK, but maybe give me the option to set it by end date, like an event (yes, I'm lazy and don't want to calculate ;) ) Plus, the start date has to be the current week!
- No Strava import (to be fair, this is mostly because my bike GPS is a Karoo, which doesn't support --yet-- synching of rides to Today's Plan)
- Can't figure if there's a way to have a proper elevation correction for runs (it doesn't seem to resynch using the Correction when enabled in Garmin Connect, and I can't find an elevation correction feature like Training Peak has)

Just to help here, I will reply in order.
- There are many coaches who have created custom 10 power zones to get more to a % of power prescription. It's just whatever the scale you want to use, as everything is customizable.
- The Annual Planner Chart is at the bottom of the calendar screen, little arrow up button. In the top right settings of that chart, make sure PLANS box is checked. Then take the weeks you want to include in a phase by clicking and dragging on the chart, and create whatever cycles, phases, notes, or whatever you want.
- As a coach on the platform, I don't use the plans, but feel free to email support@todaysplan.com.au with questions on that, or as feedback to improve, so we can log that request.
- Actually, you can import from Strava, via Fitness-Syncer. We are actively and quickly expanding our syncing with many different devices and platforms.
- We do not have an elevation correction tool, but we find as the technology has improved, there is much less need for it

We just released new features, like a route builder, live achievements and activity recording right within the mobile app, which should help reduce the barrier of entry into the sport, and bring the gamification to outdoor training. We're really excited about the stuff we're doing to help organizations & coaching companies create and foster their communities, like these: https://www.todaysplan.com.au/find-a-community/

Always happy to help, and be sure to keep sharing your ideas and feature requests, as we move fast!

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply

Prev Next