Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
So if your thought was trump wasnt really a conservative, just one in disguise. Sure. I can see that. That is kinda a crazy thought to me, but I can at least see that. Still crazy to me that would be a reason for a hardliner to not vote previously.

Thanks for the discussion. I appreciate why it would seem crazy to you. I contemplated a 3rd party vote but in the end couldn't line up with that either.

It was very difficult to sit out. Hopefully I have conveyed the degree of difficulty both on that day and every day since.

It is why I can say with a great deal of certainty that while I'm still not sure what exactly I will do on election day, I can say for certain I will not sit on the sidelines again.

Edit: perhaps I missed part of your point. If by previously you mean in the primaries, I did vote. I live in WI. By the time it got here it was Ted Cruz vs. Trump. I voted for Cruz and he carried WI. Even by then it was too late.

That said, Cruz was very very far down my list of the 20+ originals who started. So again, put into historical context, I was already pretty frustrated with the Rep party in general by the time the general came around. Despite all the deflection here, we still put Trump up. And in my case it was already down to the lesser of two bad R's by the time things rolled around here.

Add on a "protest" vote going to Hillary. I chose to sit out. And I'm still struggling with that choice.
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jul 22, 19 14:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
You obviously didnt hear. Earlier today trump said he had a plan to end our involvement in Afghanistan. So we should be at peace REALLY soon based on trumps super secret plan. Trump prob made up plans though to troll the left.

Nice but not what I know. My son is currently deployed to a warzone (receives combat pay) in Iraq. That war is not actually over either.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
But go on voting for the guy with less than two brain cells. It's comedy gold.

Fewer, dammit!
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But might I suggest there is a difference between one person ( a president on twitter) saying something stupid and an entire house, senate, president signing a law telling one race they have to pay another.

Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't worry about it. Its already paid for. They keep in the money in the vault where they put all of our guns.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
I may very well be one of them. If I am I will say so here and spend 4 years defending what buffoonery I can as a consequence.

You know, and maybe I am just spitballing here, but just because you vote for someone doesnā€™t mean you have to defend them for the next 4 years. Itā€™s ok to say ā€œman, I backed A fucking moron. This guys is a human wasteland.ā€

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
But go on voting for the guy with less than two brain cells. It's comedy gold.

Fewer, dammit!

Fuck. Sorry about that. Usually I donā€™t mess that one up. Iā€™ll try to be better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
I may very well be one of them. If I am I will say so here and spend 4 years defending what buffoonery I can as a consequence.

You know, and maybe I am just spitballing here, but just because you vote for someone doesnā€™t mean you have to defend them for the next 4 years. Itā€™s ok to say ā€œman, I backed A fucking moron. This guys is a human wasteland.ā€

Probably true.

But in a forum like this where assholes like you are all over everything every minute with no skin in the actual game the natural reaction is going to be to defend.

You spend full time trying to guess and get people who didnā€™t vote for him to defend themselves. When the only thing we know for sure is your sorry Canuck ass didnā€™t vote for anybody but Pierre Trudeau or whoever is the king of your shithole these days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's my biggest gripe.

It was thought that Trump's narcissism could be an asset that offset its detriments. The asset was going to be that he would listen to the populace as he desired to be popular.

The problem is, his base continues to support him no matter how awful he is. If they would simply hold him accountable for anything, he might be at least somewhat tolerable.

But, no. Turns out 40% of our country is just a bunch of assholes.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
JSA wrote:
sphere wrote:
efernand wrote:
Don't tell me, are you one of the people who still actually believe that Trump called neo-Nazis good people, right?

On a related point, do you actually believe Trump when he said that AOC "Called our country 'Garbage'" or that Rep. Omar used the term "Evil Jews?"

Well, to be fair, Rep Omar did tweet "evil doings of Israel" and has been condemned by both side of the aisle for her anti-Semitic comments: https://www.foxnews.com/...mars-israel-comments

But, I do agree AOC's comment was taken out of context. She did not call the US "garbage": https://www.rt.com/...agan-america-cortez/

Why is Israel above criticism?

They seem to do some shitty things that don't help. Given I work in academia, I've run into a number of Jewish people that are pretty critical of Israel. I don't think that makes them anti-Semites.

I hope people are not using anti-Semitism as a shield against criticism of the Israeli government.

Marianne Williamson, who is Jewish, said yesterday that while she disagrees with Omar on many of her comments re Israel, they are not anti-Semitic.

A well-known Democratic activist defending one of her own. Who could have seen that coming?

Several of Rep Omar's Democratic colleagues disagree with Ms. Williamson.

EDIT TO ADD: Remember when Marianne Williamson asked white people to offer a "prayer of apology" to all African-Americans? Fun times! Fun times!

https://www.cnn.com/...f-apology-nr-vpx.cnn

Either way, she's Jewish, disagrees with Omar, but doesn't find her comments to be anti-Semitic. Too often criticism of the Israeli government's policies are labelled anti-Semitic merely to score political points.

Could she not be "pro Palestine" as opposed to "anti-Semitic"?

Sure, but, when your comments reference "the evil doings of Israel," it sure sounds like you are anti-Israel.

Fine, but that's still a far cry from "Evil Jews"... Hell, our country has done some fucked-up repugnant shit before too, but I wouldn't jump from recognizing 'America's evil doings' to calling the USA an 'Evil country' nor make a blanket slur calling us all 'Evil Americans'. Rep. Omar is free to criticize Israel when it's warranted (whether or not she's secretly a raging anti-Semite deep down) just like she's free to criticize her own country ~ ours, and Trump's (you know, one of the countries "whose government is a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world".)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snowflake, I am sorry that my presence offends you so deeply.

Please retreat to your safe space and say ten hail Trumps.

Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do you think Trump is racist [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
JSA wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JSA wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
JSA wrote:
sphere wrote:
efernand wrote:
Don't tell me, are you one of the people who still actually believe that Trump called neo-Nazis good people, right?

On a related point, do you actually believe Trump when he said that AOC "Called our country 'Garbage'" or that Rep. Omar used the term "Evil Jews?"

Well, to be fair, Rep Omar did tweet "evil doings of Israel" and has been condemned by both side of the aisle for her anti-Semitic comments: https://www.foxnews.com/...mars-israel-comments

But, I do agree AOC's comment was taken out of context. She did not call the US "garbage": https://www.rt.com/...agan-america-cortez/

Why is Israel above criticism?

They seem to do some shitty things that don't help. Given I work in academia, I've run into a number of Jewish people that are pretty critical of Israel. I don't think that makes them anti-Semites.

I hope people are not using anti-Semitism as a shield against criticism of the Israeli government.

Marianne Williamson, who is Jewish, said yesterday that while she disagrees with Omar on many of her comments re Israel, they are not anti-Semitic.

A well-known Democratic activist defending one of her own. Who could have seen that coming?

Several of Rep Omar's Democratic colleagues disagree with Ms. Williamson.

EDIT TO ADD: Remember when Marianne Williamson asked white people to offer a "prayer of apology" to all African-Americans? Fun times! Fun times!

https://www.cnn.com/...f-apology-nr-vpx.cnn

Either way, she's Jewish, disagrees with Omar, but doesn't find her comments to be anti-Semitic. Too often criticism of the Israeli government's policies are labelled anti-Semitic merely to score political points.

Could she not be "pro Palestine" as opposed to "anti-Semitic"?

Sure, but, when your comments reference "the evil doings of Israel," it sure sounds like you are anti-Israel.

Fine, but that's still a far cry from "Evil Jews"... Hell, our country has done some fucked-up repugnant shit before too, but I wouldn't jump from recognizing 'America's evil doings' to calling the USA an 'Evil country' nor make a blanket slur calling us all 'Evil Americans'. Rep. Omar is free to criticize Israel when it's warranted (whether or not she's secretly a raging anti-Semite deep down) just like she's free to criticize her own country ~ ours, and Trump's (you know, one of the countries "whose government is a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world".)

Um no. One thing I have learned is that itā€™s not ok to criticize Israel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

It doesnā€™t offend me it gives me a great deal of entertainment to watch you rail about Trump. And it never gets old. No matter how many threads you start or jump into saying the exact same thing over and over hoping to garner more attention for yourself.

Besides. Itā€™s all so insightful and well thought out.

In fact as a reward why donā€™t you post here who you would actually vote for in a US Democratic Primary. And why. Instead of just why trump sucks dazzle us with who is better and who you would vote for. You know, if you actually could vote. Then I promise when the Dem primaries roll around in my state I will vote for your candidate on your behalf. You know, because I actually can vote for someone other than Justin Mulroney or Margaret Thatcher or Rob Ford or whoeverā€™s emperor of that shithole country of yours these days.

#MCGFO

Make Canada Great For Once!!!
Last edited by: ironmayb: Jul 22, 19 17:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justin Thatcher is the best.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Why haven't you ever apologized to me for offending me with your presence???

RACIST!!!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
But go on voting for the guy with
less than two brain cells. It's comedy gold.

Fewer, dammit!

Fuck. Sorry about that. Usually I donā€™t mess that one up. Iā€™ll try to be better.

Stop apologizing, it makes you look weak. Instead, try saying something like:

"Snowflake, I am sorry that my presence offends you so deeply.

Please retreat to your safe space and say ten hail Trumps."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

RACIST!!!

Well you do live in that shithole suburb of Milwaukee. Do you people even speak American down there????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Justin Thatcher is the best.

Yeah except for that new RACIST song of his thatā€™s not even sung in American.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
So if your thought was trump wasnt really a conservative, just one in disguise. Sure. I can see that. That is kinda a crazy thought to me, but I can at least see that. Still crazy to me that would be a reason for a hardliner to not vote previously.

It's funny to me that some of you are questioning this now. You guys need to go back and read the threads during the primary, especially the exchanges between me and ironmayb. It started with a firm belief Trump could not win the nomination because he is not a conservative and not a Republican. It then turned into what could best be described as "distraught" when Trump won the nomination. Then were the discussions about voting 3rd party or sitting out of the election, coupled with an full-fledged belief Hillary was going to win in a landslide. Being honest - that sincerely held belief made it easier to place a principled vote (or to abstain). Go back and read my posts. I had it ALL laid out - Hillary wins the election, 2018 midterms are a MASSIVE GOP take-over of both houses of Congress, followed by the ass-kicking of the century for Hillary in 2020.

At the time, no one questioned the fact that a number of us were going to sit out or vote 3rd party. At the time, a number of people in the LR thought my prediction had a lot of merit.

Now, I don't recall if you, specifically, were involved in those thread discussions. But, I know BLeP was. So, it's a bit pathetic when some posters act like this is something recently fabricated.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

RACIST!!!

Well you do live in that shithole suburb of Milwaukee. Do you people even speak American down there????

Not well ...

And, Trump keeps trying to build a wall around my house. WTF???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

It's funny to me that some of you are questioning this now. You guys need to go back and read the threads during the primary, especially the exchanges between me and ironmayb. It started with a firm belief Trump could not win the nomination because he is not a conservative and not a Republican. It then turned into what could best be described as "distraught" when Trump won the nomination. Then were the discussions about voting 3rd party or sitting out of the election, coupled with an full-fledged belief Hillary was going to win in a landslide. Being honest - that sincerely held belief made it easier to place a principled vote (or to abstain). Go back and read my posts. I had it ALL laid out - Hillary wins the election, 2018 midterms are a MASSIVE GOP take-over of both houses of Congress, followed by the ass-kicking of the century for Hillary in 2020.

At the time, no one questioned the fact that a number of us were going to sit out or vote 3rd party. At the time, a number of people in the LR thought my prediction had a lot of merit.

Now, I don't recall if you, specifically, were involved in those thread discussions. But, I know BLeP was. So, it's a bit pathetic when some posters act like this is something recently fabricated.

Trump sucks. Anybody who voted for him is an asshole

But you voted for him and wonā€™t admit it. Yeah you did. You are a RACIST ballwasher!!!

But Iā€™m a woke Canadian. Which means I couldnā€™t do shit.

But letā€™s get back to You Ballwasher.

Over and over and over.

Anyway, you and your Puerto Rican family should just go back to that shithole suburb of yours and fix your shit there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

RACIST!!!

Feel free to say ten hail Trumps. But I donā€™t apologize to lawyers. Filthy scum.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

RACIST!!!

Feel free to say ten hail Trumps. But I donā€™t apologize to lawyers. Filthy scum.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I could I would vote for Biden. Why? Because heā€™s milquetoast. Not offensive enough to anyone.

Sure the far lefties will bitch and moan about ā€˜old white guyā€™ but some will still vote for him because they hate Trump. Some people from the other side will vote for him because heā€™s not Trump and heā€™s not Far left crazy.

Also GOPers in general have shown that they donā€™t mind voting for a guy that gropes women so thereā€™s that too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

and just to add. We were having this discussion as voters in WI that had gone blue in Presidential elections since 1984!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next