windywave wrote:
schroeder wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
schroeder wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
Pretty sure we definitively answered this today.

https://www.foxnews.com/...n-sunady-tweet-storm

Yeah, when you tell people to go back to the country they came from and they were born and raised here....you might be a racist.

That's technically xenophobia and factual ignorance which doesn't mean he isn't racist but does make your statement inaccurate

To be xenophobia wouldn’t the people need to actually be from somewhere else.

Yeah, like Norway.

Yeah I never heard as a response to a white person who was being critical, go figure.

Not to say he's not xenophobic. They usually go hand in hand.

Flip it around and you're spot on about this comment. It's xenophobic which usually goes hand in hand with racist.

Your contention is Trump believes these folks are not from the US?

Occam's razor says yes.

What's Occam's razor say about a guy who consistently singles out minorities and dark skinned foreigners to belittle and attack?

That you don't notice he belittles and attacks everyone due to his thin skin?

That's a very peculiar application of Occam's Razor. You admit that he may well be racist. He's exhibited patterns of racist behavior going back at least 40 years. Says a blatantly racist thing today and your explanation is that... he's confused about his target's birthplace? OK then. I thought there would be an explanation with even fewer assumptions.

No I said the comment was not inherently racist but xenophobic or alienist.
Last edited by: windywave: Jul 15, 19 5:59
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
No I said the comment was inherently racist but xenophobic or alienist.

In other words... "I am not defending him, just really pedantic."

Glad to see the world and the LR hasn't changed since Thursday. That's a load off my mind.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
I'll denounce it. What an idiotic thing for the President to do. Someone in his cabinet .. give him something to do .. and keep his stupid thumbs off the twitter machine. Those congress people, AOC/Omar/Tliab mainly, are doing a perfectly fantastic job making everyone hate them all on their own! Then unpresidential dimwit crazy Donnie has to chime in and remind everyone that he wants to be most hated.

Leave them alone. They'll have no problem F'ing it up themselves.
-
this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no real point in arguing semantics. The issue is that (1) our POTUS is perfectly comfortable with racism/xenophobia/division, (2) supporters (not you) are perfectly happy/comfortable/indifferent, and (3) the right wing ecosystem (media & GOP at large) will circle the wagons and deflect, project, then attack the opposition from the perspective of the victims that they clearly are. Because the angry lefties ganged up on them calling them racist (so mean, so radical!) and the fake news media just made it all worse for Donald the savior. And so on in perpetuity. Someone mentioned that you could nominate a potted plant to run against the Dems and win. EXACTLY! I admire the cohesiveness of the GOP electorate. No decency, ideology, or policy required. Just: (R).
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
No I said the comment was inherently racist but xenophobic or alienist.

In other words... "I am not defending him, just really pedantic."

Basically yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
There's no real point in arguing semantics. The issue is that (1) our POTUS is perfectly comfortable with racism/xenophobia/division, (2) supporters (not you) are perfectly happy/comfortable/indifferent, and (3) the right wing ecosystem (media & GOP at large) will circle the wagons and deflect, project, then attack the opposition from the perspective of the victims that they clearly are. Because the angry lefties ganged up on them calling them racist (so mean, so radical!) and the fake news media just made it all worse for Donald the savior. And so on in perpetuity. Someone mentioned that you could nominate a potted plant to run against the Dems and win. EXACTLY! I admire the cohesiveness of the GOP electorate. No decency, ideology, or policy required. Just: (R).

The circling the wagons and potted plant comments are symptoms of the same problem... The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020."
Last edited by: windywave: Jul 15, 19 6:58
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Trump's next move, straight from page 1 of the Donald J Trump How to Deal with Women Playbook. Double down, never back down, never apologise, never admit you were wrong. Always ramp up the rhetoric, ramp up the accusations. Recruit an anonymous sector of the population who are said to share your view.

It's not even one-dimensional.

That was pretty good, if only he could have worked the military in as well I’d give him an A+ for deflection and right wing demagoguery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020."

Not Hillary Tax Cut 2016 was pretty effective
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:
The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020."

Also, what was trump's platform again?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wasn’t he going to drain the swamp of all those corrupt politicians who were screwing over real Americans?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Pray tell what process am i missing?

what do you think they are? can you name any processes and institutions central to the health and preservation of our union, and have been since its earliest days?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wasn’t he going to drain the swamp of all those corrupt politicians who were screwing over real Americans?

Well, we know what he mean by "real" americans.

This is a bit concerning to think about:

Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

what do you think they are? can you name any processes and institutions central to the health and preservation of our union, and have been since its earliest days?

Besides the three branches of government which are functioning normally?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How is he an abject train wreck? He's uncouth, crude, and inexperienced but...........

His attack of the free press, ALONE, is enough to call him an abject train wreck.

But I'll also throw in there his use of twitter to gas light the public.

If we spent some time on this, we could put together a very long list, but I think those two don't need help.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

yes. besides those.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
The circling the wagons and potted plant comments are symptoms of the same problem... The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020

I think you're deliberately missing the nuance here. They have quite a few specifics on healthcare, immigration, regulatory environment, and taxes. They may be bad ideas but they're specific. What's even more important in my mind is that they're consistent with Dems dogma.

Trump has "goals" without plans that are...amazingly...anathema to what Republicans claim to have stood for like two years ago (and many even today...talk about dissonance)... on trade, on foreign policy, on debt, on deficits, on the size of the government etc. That's why I believe it is in fact true that you could nominate a potted plant (even a racist one) and you'd still get 90% approval rating from the GOP if the plant called itself a Republican.

You simply don't have the same level of cohesion on the left. The Bernie Bros happily abandoned Killary. The blue dog Democrats are openly critical of the AOC posse (who's criticizing Trump as a racist incompetent boob on the right again?).

This is how he gets away with racism at this openly offensive level...you'd rather have a racist asshole than a halfway decent asshole who may raise taxes on the 0.00001% to help balance an out of control budget.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

yes. besides those.

Well since they're functioning and the Constitution is still the law of the land I don't see what processes are being ignored.

(If you're going the Barry route of ignorance vis a vis the Freedom of the Press I invite you read up on the history of the press in the United States and government's relationship with it instead of the halcyon tripe spouted about how it always was a symbiotic relationship)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Well since they're functioning and the Constitution is still the law of the land I don't see what processes are being ignored.

(If you're going the Barry route of ignorance vis a vis the Freedom of the Press I invite you read up on the history of the press in the United States and government's relationship with it instead of the halcyon tripe spouted about how it always was a symbiotic relationship)

since you brought it up, let's start with the freedom of the press. whenever the govt encroaches, this enumerated process is invoked. here's a rohrschach test for you: "[the professional press is...] the enemy of the american people"; and, "the press was to served the governed, not the governors." does one of these quotes stir you? if so, which? if not, why does one of these phrases, especially in the context of its usage, stir me and not you? is the fault, or naivete, in me? are you the wiser because you're not moved by it?

can you think of another process central to america's healthy function?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

since you brought it up, let's start with the freedom of the press. whenever the govt encroaches, this enumerated process is invoked. here's a rohrschach test for you: "[the professional press is...] the enemy of the american people"; and, "the press was to served the governed, not the governors." does one of these quotes stir you? if so, which? if not, why does one of these phrases, especially in the context of its usage, stir me and not you? is the fault, or naivete, in me? are you the wiser because you're not moved by it?

Dan the press is still free in spite of a loud mouth bitching and moaning about it. (Again Wilson is a better example of this behavior not mattering [consider the parenthetical a footnote]) Any other contention is drivel.

I'm sure there are but let's skip to the chase and you tell me how the Republic is imperiled.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
windywave wrote:
The circling the wagons and potted plant comments are symptoms of the same problem... The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020

This is how he gets away with racism at this openly offensive level...you'd rather have a racist asshole than a halfway decent asshole who may raise taxes on the 0.00001% to help balance an out of control budget.

You find me the latter candidate currently running for President.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Dan the press is still free in spite of a loud mouth bitching and moaning about it. (Again Wilson is a better example of this behavior not mattering [consider the parenthetical a footnote]) Any other contention is drivel.

I'm sure there are but let's skip to the chase and you tell me how the Republic is imperiled.

perhaps it's not fair for me to keep you guessing what i have in mind by processes. i'll list a second: our elections. free, representative elections, with all eligible voters enfranchised.

our republic does not have a more sacred process. i figured out pretty quickly, well before his election, that trump did not grasp in his bones how one pumps air into the integrity of the process. threatening to jail your opponents. this troubling habit of trying to disqualify your opponents from candidacy (both clinton and cruz, and some others i think tho my memory fails me).

inviting an assault on our electoral process from our adversaries, as long as it benefits him. doing virtually nothing to protect our electoral process for the upcoming election. joking with the dictator who attacked our last election about election tampering. hiring chris kobach, the king of voter disenfranchisement, to head your "commission on voter integrity".

my friend, can we survive trump's assault on our free election system? yes. my question is, why is the person who's placing our processes under stress your champion? why not have a champion who champions, rather than tears at, our processes?

so far, this is 2 of the probably 6 or 8 processes integral to our country's function that this president is trying hard to degrade, because that's what dictators do: they degrade any process that might act as a check on their power. this tactic might appeal to you if you are outcome driven. if that's you, that's you. you have a lot of company.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Dan the press is still free in spite of a loud mouth bitching and moaning about it.

The problem isn't that they aren't free, the problem is that our president (and Fox News) have convinced a quarter of the population that they can't be trusted. They've done this without evidence, just by repeating it over and over until the people that want to believe it, believe it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

Dan the press is still free in spite of a loud mouth bitching and moaning about it.

The problem isn't that they aren't free, the problem is that our president (and Fox News) have convinced a quarter of the population that they can't be trusted. They've done this without evidence, just by repeating it over and over until the people that want to believe it, believe it.

Yeah, but the economy.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

perhaps it's not fair for me to keep you guessing what i have in mind by processes. i'll list a second: our elections. free, representative elections, with all eligible voters enfranchised.

our republic does not have a more sacred process. i figured out pretty quickly, well before his election, that trump did not grasp in his bones how one pumps air into the integrity of the process. threatening to jail your opponents. this troubling habit of trying to disqualify your opponents from candidacy (both clinton and cruz, and some others i think tho my memory fails me).

inviting an assault on our electoral process from our adversaries, as long as it benefits him. doing virtually nothing to protect our electoral process for the upcoming election. joking with the dictator who attacked our last election about election tampering. hiring chris kobach, the king of voter disenfranchisement, to head your "commission on voter integrity".

my friend, can we survive trump's assault on our free election system? yes. my question is, why is the person who's placing our processes under stress your champion? why not have a champion who champions, rather than tears at, our processes?

so far, this is 2 of the probably 6 or 8 processes integral to our country's function that this president is trying hard to degrade, because that's what dictators do: they degrade any process that might act as a check on their power. this tactic might appeal to you if you are outcome driven. if that's you, that's you. you have a lot of company.

Dan I take exception to you characterizing him as my champion.

I hate to break it to you but elections are run at the local level. For example Chicago runs its own elections. Disenfranchisement happens at the local level. Funny thing here if you have ever pulled a GOP primary ballot your general ballot is always challenged. Trying to get your opponent thrown off the ballot is a time honored tradition here.

What's that leave you with "joking around" with Putin and hiring some "disenfranchisement" guru? The former is meh to me since there's no demonstrable effect and the latter is meh since both parties do it.

If elections is your concern you have no need to worry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

Is it your position the press is unbiased save for Fox News?
Quote Reply

Prev Next