Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Not surprised Trump is a racist
Quote | Reply
Wasn’t suprised when he wouldn’t rent to Blacks in the 70’s. Wasn’t suprised the way he treated the Central Park 5. Wasn’t suprised when he ran for years with that birther bullshit. And not suprised now when he calls African and Haiti countries shitholes.

Where are all the Christians denouncing this...oh yeah they were good with “grab ‘em by the pussy”.

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.

Reality is, it has everything to do with racism, once you characterize what constitutes a "shithole" and how they came to be, and remain in, that state.


3 Months of Paradigm Shifting Swim Instruction for Cheap ---- Your Professional & Private “Critique my Fit”
The Swim Help Compilation Thread

Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.


Odd thing for a good christian president to say about gods creation and people, isnt it?

I dont believe we have had a president with less compassion and empathy within my lifetime. (Gerald ford was president when i was born)




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.

FIFY
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.

Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.


3 Months of Paradigm Shifting Swim Instruction for Cheap ---- Your Professional & Private “Critique my Fit”
The Swim Help Compilation Thread

Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what seems most damaging is the write-off finality of it. Hey shitholes, you are what you are and you will never ever change.

Trump has a stable genius for cruelty.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well then why not just a 2 week holiday?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.

I've been to a lot of those places, including Somalia and Afghanistan. What sh*tholes. Not seeing racism in describing them as what they indeed are, especially when you're behind closed doors in a meeting with your advisers and other people you trust. .

Like Mr. Slowguy said, we don't like to hear our presidents say such things out loud, though many of us say it every day when describing those places. I don't like the guy in the White House currently (but I didn't like his opponent in the general election, either) and he needs to put a filter between his brain housing group and his mouth, that's for sure. But a sh*thole place is a sh*thole place, for all of that.

And how many million billions of dollars have we spent in places like Haiti and Afghanistan and Somalia trying to make them less of a sh*thole? Plenty, I'd bet.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.
If what was said is accurate (as our dear leader has taken to Twitter to say it essentially was not...) then you have to look at what was said

"Why do we want all these people from 'shithole countries' coming here?"

It is the inclusion of the words "people from" which completely changes the context. Would you not agree that saying "That country is a shithole" is quite benign compared to what was said? The inclusion of those 2 words turns it from a statement about the country to a statement about the people. No doubt, with the natural and human disasters that have hit Haiti the country is a shithole. But that should not result in his supposed comment.

And honestly, a very stable genius and someone who is like, really smart would not have phrasedmmit like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.


Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.

If not Haiti, how about parts Appalachia in West Virginia, Kentucky, NC, or Georgia?

Would you move to those shitholes?

Am I being racist when I refer to some of those places as shitholes?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.

Reality is, it has everything to do with racism, once you characterize what constitutes a "shithole" and how they came to be, and remain in, that state.


Shit Hole places and racism are seprate issues
Have you ever lived outside the US?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.


Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.


If not Haiti, how about parts Appalachia in West Virginia, Kentucky, NC, or Georgia?

Would you move to those shitholes?

Am I being racist when I refer to some of those places as shitholes?


Let me answer on behalf of FF:

"No. You are racist because you are white."

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jan 12, 18 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.


Reality is, it has everything to do with racism, once you characterize what constitutes a "shithole" and how they came to be, and remain in, that state.



Shit Hole places and racism are seprate issues
Have you ever lived outside the US?

Where I live and how well I understand racism are separate issues.


3 Months of Paradigm Shifting Swim Instruction for Cheap ---- Your Professional & Private “Critique my Fit”
The Swim Help Compilation Thread

Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think he's racist.

Would he tolerate a racist if it benefitted him? Yes.

Would he put himself in harms way to fight racism? No.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.


Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.


If not Haiti, how about parts Appalachia in West Virginia, Kentucky, NC, or Georgia?

Would you move to those shitholes?

Am I being racist when I refer to some of those places as shitholes?

Careful. You're talking about Trump's base in those places!

But more seriously, context matters. He's talking about the *people* and saying he wants people from places like Norway instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.

The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.

Agreed. TDS here at its finest. Can you imagine the 'outrage' should LBJs comments be published in near real time? or same day/hour/minute reporting of how he made folks come in to his private bathroom to brief him while he was taking a dump??

Sure there are lots of places that "we" commonly describe as shit holes. I've fought and served in many of them.

Having been assigned to Ft Drum, NY and Ft Polk, LA I've often said the Army assigned me to two posts that are basically opposite ends of a anal thermometer.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.

Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.

My guess is you wouldn't want a refuge from a "shithole" country living in your house, but I don't think that makes you a racist because I don't think you're considering the race of the person when you make that judgement.

In fact, I don't see how anyone reads Trumps comment and goes immediately to race. I never even considered race.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh lest I forget, he also said a judge of Mexican descent doesn't have the ability to be fair.

Fuck it, there will always be racists and racist apologizers...

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.


Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.


If not Haiti, how about parts Appalachia in West Virginia, Kentucky, NC, or Georgia?

Would you move to those shitholes?

Am I being racist when I refer to some of those places as shitholes?

As a person that grew up in GA and has lived in NC for the past 30 years, I am offended! Just hold on a second while I find the correct page in the Liberal Play Book to respond fully...

Okay, wait, here it is....

Um, says I am supposed to say:

You are RACIST!!!!

Check your f'ing privilege you f'ing yankee SOB

My feelings are HURT!

You are a NASTY person....

You are a xenophobic prick for not liking me.

You are unfit for citizenship in the US, that's 'not who we are.'

Where is my damn safe zone???? I am about to cry.

We are people too!

There, I feel better already.

Greg

PS: And FU.

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
To be fair, there are a bunch of African countries that are pretty much shit holes. Doesn't have anything to do with racism, it's just reality.


The issue is that we don't like to hear our President say it out loud. Not that it's racist or untrue.


If he had just said that the countries were shitholes, I'd agree with you. I don't think it's racist at all to acknowledge that. However, when you say you don't want the people from those countries:
"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” he asked, according to accounts provided to The Washington Post. He went on to say that the United States should bring in more people from Norway."


That to me is different than just saying a country is a shithole; it's seems to me that the logical conclusion is that not only is the country a shithole, but that the people coming here from those countries are not on an equal level as Norwegians. Which to me smells at least a little bit racist.




___________________________________________________
Taco cat spelled backwards is....taco cat.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem isn't really whether Pres Trump is or isn't racist. Really, I don't care, there have been plenty of racist Presidents (and PM's in Canada, and PM's in Britain, and so forth). Some of them have been good Presidents overall, some not. What matters is whether the policies being promoted are racist or not, and the clarity with which those policy agendas are promoted by the President.

So when he says he doesn't want people from shithole countries, (but wants people from places like Norway), and wants a merit based system, makes me wonder what the "merit points" in a Trump immigration system will look like.

I think a merit based system is actually not a bad idea, as long as the implementation of such a system is good. I think it's harder than Trump thinks it is. Canada has such a system, but then we also take in a good number of refugees from shithole countries.

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
And this is what makes those with Trump Derangement Syndrome so pathetic. They'll use pretzel logic to twist anything he says into racism.

Any of you crybullies have plans to move to one of these shitholes? Yeah. I thought not.


Oh damn, you totally got me. I am not planning to move to Haiti, so Trump's not racist.

Maybe not, but when will you be moving to the south side of Chicago? Or, Baltimore...? There are other 'shit holes' right here in this country you can move to and save them. If you feel passionate about it, do something.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a black person referred to those countries as shitholes, we wouldn't think anything of it.

But a white person uses the same language and it's racist. Because everything a white person says that can possibly be construed as racist, is. Not only have we turned "racist" into the most vile epithet of our lexicon, but we've also created a presumption that all white people are racist. Makes me want to puke.

"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply

Prev Next