Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Trump said progressive democratic women.

If trump was not referring to these 4 please let me know who he was talking about.

Are you saying trump didn’t know who he was talking about when telling congresswomen to go back to their country?(America)

Even if he didn’t his comments are racists. Because he tells minorities to go back to their country (they are worse) because they can’t govern (he his better).

It can’t be xenophobia because it is the thought that you are better based on race (go back to your country) that makes it racist.

If you say “I don’t like Muslims” that can be xenophobia. If you say “Christians are better than Muslims.” That is racism because of the qualification of superiority.

Inherently when you say you are better than minorities I don’t think it can be xenophobia because of the superiority clause.

I have no argument with what you wrote. Trump crossed a line again and his supporters love it. Pelosi can't rally the troops because she spent the week talking about how the 4 had no power. Now,when she could rally the democratic party around an issue they could all get behind, she has instead failed most miserably.

"Pelosi and this group of freshmen lawmakers have been embroiled in a dispute over the last couple weeks, although Pelosi called for unity recently among House Democrats."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

If trump was not referring to these 4 please let me know who he was talking about.

Are you saying trump didn’t know who he was talking about when telling congresswomen to go back to their country?(America)

Even if he didn’t his comments are racists. Because he tells minorities to go back to their country (they are worse) because they can’t govern (he his better).

It can’t be xenophobia because it is the thought that you are better based on race (go back to your country) that makes it racist.

If you say “I don’t like Muslims” that can be xenophobia. If you say “Christians are better than Muslims.” That is racism because of the qualification of superiority.

Inherently when you say you are better than minorities I don’t think it can be xenophobia because of the superiority clause.

I have no argument with what you wrote. Trump crossed a line again and his supporters love it. Pelosi can't rally the troops because she spent the week talking about how the 4 had no power. Now,when she could rally the democratic party around an issue they could all get behind, she has instead failed most miserably.

"Pelosi and this group of freshmen lawmakers have been embroiled in a dispute over the last couple weeks, although Pelosi called for unity recently among House Democrats."

It was a stupid thing to say. Trump is stupid. Most especially because Pelosi and AOC are doing fine beclowning themselves and he had no need to prove he was the lead clown in the 3 ring circus.

I wonder if I will have to defend my believing he is stupid against his college degree.....
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

It was a stupid thing to say. Trump is stupid. Most especially because Pelosi and AOC are doing fine beclowning themselves and he had no need to prove he was the lead clown in the 3 ring circus.

I wonder if I will have to defend my believing he is stupid against his college degree.....

It wasn't stupid, it was hateful and purposeful.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

It wasn't stupid, it was hateful and purposeful.

It is the purposeful part that is most scary. His supporters are happy. He's giving those people what they want. This is a very dangerous road to go down.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
While you're looking up racist look up defending too.

what everyone here new is that, somehow, you would be the *other* voice. you're not defending him! rather deflecting, creating a false equivalency, minimizing, something. anything other than just admitting what he did and what he is.

for a particular cohort it doesn't matter how much he trashes america's institutions, makes life harder for the part of the country where his base doesn't hold a majority, how much he lies, reneges on america's word, betrays alliances, stands in solidarity with the worst actors in the world, and invites incompetents and grifters into his cabinet, what he does on days like this are simply... regrettable. or, he was kidding.

if america was great, and needs to be made great again, fine. but before you remake it you need to read and understand the blueprints, according to those who built it 250 years ago. in fact, america will need to be rebuilt, after this jackwagon leaves.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
Trumps statement in its entirety is racist. Full stop.

How so? It is clearly xenophobic and insulting but your claim that it is racist is soley because of who he directed it at.

Quoted as the quite possibly the stupidest thing you have ever written. “It is racist because of who he directed it at...” . Um yeah. Kind of the definition of racism that is directed at a certain group or groups.

You should really just stop.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Is it because he is stupid though? Not arguing that he isn't stupid but rather that isn't the reason he said this particular thing. He knew exactly what he said and why he was saying this.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Is it because he is stupid though? Not arguing that he isn't stupid but rather that isn't the reason he said this particular thing. He knew exactly what he said and why he was saying this.

Can it be both??

I don’t know about the second. I’m pretty confident of my position though.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

what everyone here new is that, somehow, you would be the *other* voice. you're not defending him! rather deflecting, creating a false equivalency, minimizing, something. anything other than just admitting what he did and what he is.

for a particular cohort it doesn't matter how much he trashes america's institutions, makes life harder for the part of the country where his base doesn't hold a majority, how much he lies, reneges on america's word, betrays alliances, stands in solidarity with the worst actors in the world, and invites incompetents and grifters into his cabinet, what he does on days like this are simply... regrettable. or, he was kidding.

if america was great, and needs to be made great again, fine. but before you remake it you need to read and understand the blueprints, according to those who built it 250 years ago. in fact, america will need to be rebuilt, after this jackwagon leaves.

Dan this may surprise you but this place skews left more than a little bit. When the dog whistle is blown the ideologues jump to attention and start baying it gets annoying to see the idiocy. I don't defend Trump. I don't like him. But what I do "attack" are the dog whistle responses. Did you read all of my posts? Where did I defend Trump or deflect or whatever euphemism you want to use? I just said the comment was not facially racist but xenophobic (although I would also accept alienist since upon reflection I think that is a more appropriate description but I have cast my die) coupled with ignorance.

All in all I see Bush II Obama and Trump about the same when examined in totality with the variance in the specific policies they had. The better thing the dog whistle responders should be asking is why is he doing this? Why is Trump creating a firestorm today? What's coming out tomorrow that he wants to blunt? The really frightening thing is the Democrats running for President don't have a plan other than free stuff and calling Trump names. How will the dog whistle responders do with another four years?

If America was great? Really? Dan if you don't beleive this Republic has not been, is, and always will be the greatest place in the world I don't know what to tell you. In aggregate this country has done more for more people than any other country ever.

You want smaller government and a strict constructionist view? I don't think you'd like the outcome for the rest of the country, but the People's Republic of California would probably be your wet dream (until it went bankrupt of course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
windywave wrote:
schroeder wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
schroeder wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
Pretty sure we definitively answered this today.

https://www.foxnews.com/...n-sunady-tweet-storm

Yeah, when you tell people to go back to the country they came from and they were born and raised here....you might be a racist.

That's technically xenophobia and factual ignorance which doesn't mean he isn't racist but does make your statement inaccurate

To be xenophobia wouldn’t the people need to actually be from somewhere else.

Yeah, like Norway.

Yeah I never heard as a response to a white person who was being critical, go figure.
Not to say he's not xenophobic. They usually go hand in hand.

Flip it around and you're spot on about this comment. It's xenophobic which usually goes hand in hand with racist.

Your contention is Trump believes these folks are not from the US?

Occam's razor says yes.

So you are saying this confirms that he doesn't think Puerto Rico is part of the US?

You're assuming he knows where she is from

(or he thinks the bronx IS a foreign country #pink)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Dan this may surprise you but this place skews left more than a little bit. When the dog whistle is blown the ideologues jump to attention and start baying it gets annoying to see the idiocy. I don't defend Trump. I don't like him. But what I do "attack" are the dog whistle responses. Did you read all of my posts? Where did I defend Trump or deflect or whatever euphemism you want to use? I just said the comment was not facially racist but xenophobic (although I would also accept alienist since upon reflection I think that is a more appropriate description but I have cast my die) coupled with ignorance.

All in all I see Bush II Obama and Trump about the same when examined in totality with the variance in the specific policies they had. The better thing the dog whistle responders should be asking is why is he doing this? Why is Trump creating a firestorm today? What's coming out tomorrow that he wants to blunt? The really frightening thing is the Democrats running for President don't have a plan other than free stuff and calling Trump names. How will the dog whistle responders do with another four years?

If America was great? Really? Dan if you don't beleive this Republic has not been, is, and always will be the greatest place in the world I don't know what to tell you. In aggregate this country has done more for more people than any other country ever.

You want smaller government and a strict constructionist view? I don't think you'd like the outcome for the rest of the country, but the People's Republic of California would probably be your wet dream (until it went bankrupt of course).

Windy, you clearly deflected when you said it was a stupid thing to day. I don't know if you meant to minimize it, but saying it was "stupid" does minimize it.

It was not stupid, it was clearly hateful and purposeful. Saying it was stupid minimizes that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
schroeder wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
Pretty sure we definitively answered this today.

https://www.foxnews.com/...n-sunady-tweet-storm

Yeah, when you tell people to go back to the country they came from and they were born and raised here....you might be a racist.

That's technically xenophobia and factual ignorance which doesn't mean he isn't racist but does make your statement inaccurate

To be xenophobia wouldn’t the people need to actually be from somewhere else.

Yeah, like Norway.

Yeah I never heard as a response to a white person who was being critical, go figure.

Another thing Windy is ignoring. According to Donald Drumpf, which does not sound like Cherokee to me, and other racists, white people are 'from' here no matter how many generations they have been here. But non-white people have to be 'from' somewhere else, no matter how many generations their family has been here.

These are the people who when a non-white person says they are from California says, "No, where are you FROM?"

Native Americans migrated from Asia.

As to your last paragraph I just assume everyone is from here since it's easier. I work with a lot of people who were not born in the US so I'll ask them where they're from and they'll invariably name a country instead of the suburb they live in which is significantly more pertinent.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
Trumps statement in its entirety is racist. Full stop.

How so? It is clearly xenophobic and insulting but your claim that it is racist is soley because of who he directed it at.

Quoted as the quite possibly the stupidest thing you have ever written. “It is racist because of who he directed it at...” . Um yeah. Kind of the definition of racism that is directed at a certain group or groups.

You should really just stop.

Does me thinking you should fix your own country before opining about mine make me a racist? God save the Queen
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Windy, you clearly deflected when you said it was a stupid thing to day. I don't know if you meant to minimize it, but saying it was "stupid" does minimize it.

It was not stupid, it was clearly hateful and purposeful. Saying it was stupid minimizes that.

Please cite to me calling it stupid. (Hint it wasn't me who said it was stupid)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
chaparral wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Please cite to me calling it stupid. (Hint it wasn't me who said it was stupid)

It was me. But it is making your point. Here a non response to all things Trump is considered "support" of Trump. You have to denounce each and every thing he does, vehemently. A position that both he and his statement are stupid are "support" of Trump. Not good enough.

But a position that AOC is stupid is cause for a multi 1000 post thread(s).

Unless you agree in lockstep with the most anti of Trumpers here you are a ball washer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minimizing (calling him a xenophob vs racist) is defending. You protect someone from the harm of being called racist. It’s like saying Epstein wasn’t a child abuser, just an abuser. You are inherently defending from the more egregious issue. Same thing when a parent says to a cop “we will deal with our son at home.” You are defending/protecting the kid.

If windy is saying he wasn’t defending trump but he was actually just trying to figure out the difference between the two, then he wouldn’t have been defending. But that isn’t the case here.

But then again windy has an issue with Ariel being black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

But then again windy has an issue with Ariel being black.

While you're looking up racist and defending why don't you cite to the post where I have a problem with a black Ariel you disingenuous PoS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Hollywood wants more black stars and/or movies, make them. Just don't remake a movie or story, and change the original character(s). I have no problem with a black (or any race) mermaid, but why insist on changing Ariel, just make a new movie, with a new story and a new character, Arielisha. ;-)

-windy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
If Hollywood wants more black stars and/or movies, make them. Just don't remake a movie or story, and change the original character(s). I have no problem with a black (or any race) mermaid, but why insist on changing Ariel, just make a new movie, with a new story and a new character, Arielisha. ;-)

-windy

That's post 77 you lying sack of shit. Guess who didn't write it fuck stick?
Last edited by: windywave: Jul 14, 19 17:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct it was not you. My apologies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, tone it down.

windywave wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

-windy

That's post 77 you lying sack of shit. Guess who didn't write it fuck stick?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Dude, tone it down.

Not when it's implied I'm a racist and have a quote misattributed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Where did I defend Trump or deflect or whatever euphemism you want to use? ... All in all I see Bush II Obama and Trump about the same when examined in totality with the variance in the specific policies they had.

this is how you defend him. you deflect and make a beside-the-point equivalency.

windywave wrote:

that's the point i'm making. america was great the entire time trump was telling us it wasn't. MAGA assumes it was great before and isn't now. if we celebrate what makes and keeps america great - if we truly appreciate the values and institutions that are 2 centuries old, then the natural response is to defend those institutions and values when they're attacked, rather than to attack the defenders.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't just this instance, although it was a more egregious aggressiveness on your part. You've been taking an angrier, more combative, name-calling stance lately. What's up with that?

windywave wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Dude, tone it down.

Not when it's implied I'm a racist and have a quote misattributed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Where did I defend Trump or deflect or whatever euphemism you want to use? ... All in all I see Bush II Obama and Trump about the same when examined in totality with the variance in the specific policies they had.

this is how you defend him. you deflect and make a beside-the-point equivalency.

windywave wrote:

that's the point i'm making. america was great the entire time trump was telling us it wasn't. MAGA assumes it was great before and isn't now. if we celebrate what makes and keeps america great - if we truly appreciate the values and institutions that are 2 centuries old, then the natural response is to defend those institutions and values when they're attacked, rather than to attack the defenders.

We will have to agree to disagree if an explanatory note (if I could footnote i would) is considered defending him when you have to jump a paragraph to connect the dots.

Dan every person running for President has had some sort of slogan about changing the country to a better idealised version. The United States has succeeded in spite of the attempts and successes in accomplishing this and the Republic will survive Trump's harm just as it has survives all other President's harm. Have faith in we the people.
Quote Reply

Prev Next