Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman
Quote | Reply
All the details are in the story.

So far Bahrain cyclists have been caught but no triathletes are righteously busted in relation to this, but the implications are laid out in the story and they name some names.

https://www.triathlete.com/...-to-triathlon_376479

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: May 25, 19 6:13
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted about this a few days ago in the Giro thread. Basically he and other Slovenian's have been watched for a few years. He (Erzen) bought a blood centrifuge through an intermediary that had links to Dr. Schmidt. Dr. Schmidt is of course a doctor was who implicated years ago as the doping doctor for two separate German professional teams. Bernard Kohl served a ban for blood vector doping of various forms, implicated him as the team doctor 10 years ago. Multiple Slovenian pro riders were taken out of recent tours, multiple nordic skiers are suspended (with one caught infusing on video), a few retired cyclists still connected with the industry are implicated, etc. etc. That Nassar was coached by Erzen is true and this looks bad.

Dr. Schmidt worked with many sports and supposedly more triathletes that are unnamed.
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prince NaSSer...... coincidence? I think not

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually shocked at that report... it's a mild amount of journalism but still more than I would expect from the industry.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cue the photo of him sitting up in the peloton at IMTX
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Cue the photo of him sitting up in the peloton at IMTX

Also his 737 (or whatever it was) parked in Hawaii...
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This calls for mandatory drug testing of all XC athletes!
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Prince NaSSer...... coincidence? I think not

The prince would never cheat by taking drugs.

He is no cheat.

Insert drafting phots below. LOL 😂.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both in TX and Kona the prince and his (what appear to be from this article- doping pro cyclists masquerading as bodyguards) engulfed me in the bike leg.... in Kona it was about 4 miles from the turn in Hawi and as they passed me they had a dozen or so AG in tow.... did not realize what was going on with all the motorcycles until one of the drafter says “it’s the prince jump on”. I did see a ref once they were about 1/4 mile up from me try to break it up a bit and hope she gave some cards out but don’t know for sure.

Did not really disrupt my race but was really bummed that this kind of shit is allowed by WTC... take his money and look the other way.

Worse per the article is he was allowed to switch from the Military division to XC for the win? That is tragic. Imagine how the XC athlete that won feels. I know people think this is a weak group of athletes but I know a couple of guys that have done Kona in XC and they put the work in too. Perhaps WTC also provided some recourse to the real XC winner?
Last edited by: scca_ita: May 26, 19 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that dude is neither an executive nor in the military. They can all go pound sand.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worst part is he basically bought the military spots for Bahrain 70.3 that year, and that year only. He basically paid for Bahrain to be a second military qualifier the year he needed it and then let it drop after.

Last edited by: IKnowEverything: May 26, 19 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's the worst part??? I'm sorry for your loss...

Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have we found "the world revolves around me-guy" from the "strange denizens of the pool thread"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
that's the worst part??? I'm sorry for your loss...

You’re an idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
Both in TX and Kona the prince and his (what appear to be from this article- doping pro cyclists masquerading as bodyguards) engulfed me in the bike leg.... in Kona it was about 4 miles from the turn in Hawi and as they passed me they had a dozen or so AG in tow.... did not realize what was going on with all the motorcycles until one of the drafter says “it’s the prince jump on”. I did see a ref once they were about 1/4 mile up from me try to break it up a bit and hope she gave some cards out but don’t know for sure.

Did not really disrupt my race but was really bummed that this kind of shit is allowed by WTC... take his money and look the other way.

Worse per the article is he was allowed to switch from the Military division to XC for the win? That is tragic. Imagine how the XC athlete that won feels. I know people think this is a weak group of athletes but I know a couple of guys that have done Kona in XC and they put the work in too. Perhaps WTC also provided some recourse to the real XC winner?

I added the Pink font for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:
Have we found "the world revolves around me-guy" from the "strange denizens of the pool thread"?

My bad - was just explaining context of how I found out, but my intent was just to point out that he not only pretended to be in the military to get a spot, he paid for a one-off military qualifier.

Edited my original post to clarify that.

Quote | Reply
We got sucked up at exactly the same point to Hawi, we must have been riding together. You must have missed it, ref rolled up and gave everyone a card. I was in the group and got one too. The tent at Hawi was so full they had a line outside, 20 or 30 guys got nailed.

He absolutely did fuck up my race although it cleared things up and I was able to ride alone the rest of the way. I passed most of the fakers that were drafting by the time we hit the airport. I have no issues with drafters, the fact that they draft means they are weak and usually pay for it later in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the prince in the tent, or did he get spared a penalty?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Was the prince in the tent, or did he get spared a penalty?

Ha! Of course not. He was the draft pack since he had two motos pacing him the entire time. I never looked up his split but I suspect it was 4.3x. Quite impressive for a MOPer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[They can all go pound sand.[/quote]

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Prince biked 4:40...

I think Dan should interview the original XC winner Francisco Castillo... first question.. “how long did you and your family celebrate your Kona XC win before you were informed that you were not the winner .... ummm we made a mistake, the prince who is 10 years younger than you was actually entered in your AG category?”

“As a consolation, you can come back next year but only have to do a certification race for the slot... and keep your mouth shut” ... it appears Francisco Castillo already raced Santa Rosa

Anyway I don’t really care just goes to show the rules are done on the fly for $$
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:

Appreciate your post. Glad they red card some of those cheating F’s...

Honestly makes me appreciate Sebastian Keinle that much more.....
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to the OP, i'll be curious to see if/how this shakes down w/r/t team bahrain. david plese gets mentioned in the article, but he's arguably the least famous member of that team. otherwise it's a who's who of long and short-course tri. if any of them was implicated it would be a bombshell.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Seefeld doping bust ensnairs Bahrain Merida, Triathlete Mag connects the dots to their triathlon team and Ironman [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
if any of them was implicated it would be a bombshell.

they're already implicated, or at least it's very suggestive, by association. This is what happens when you associate with someone like that. Remember the gaslighting blog posts excusing the torture?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
if any of them was implicated it would be a bombshell.

they're already implicated, or at least it's very suggestive, by association. This is what happens when you associate with someone like that. Remember the gaslighting blog posts excusing the torture?

don't know what you mean there, sorry.

but as to the implications, i think most triathletes on the team have a fairly arms-length relationship with bahrain - taking ryf as an example, she's got her own coach and is based in switzerland. she takes a sponsorship and does some media/racing/availabilities for them and that's about it.

so it doesn't look good, and i'd hope that once this is all confirmed and prosecuted the athletes associated with the team quit. but i'm not sure yet that i'd say ryf, frodo, brownlee at all are under any more suspicion now than before.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next