Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this it?

Timothy Winslow
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [timmywins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good find. It could be?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There it is.

Timothy Winslow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That pic you posted is not the final production version. It'll be live tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any ideas of the price point on that sexy MF'er?
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow...
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Approximately 3x my HED black disc.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow check out those recommended tire pressures. maybe those numbers have been available before with their other wheels but 68psi for my weight (170lbs) on 23mm tires? That seems suspiciously low.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Wow check out those recommended tire pressures. maybe those numbers have been available before with their other wheels but 68psi for my weight (170lbs) on 23mm tires? That seems suspiciously low.

Tubeless, like the 7.8's
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Off topic-I bet that’s a seek peek of the ENVE Racing team kit. i wonder what kind of discounts the team will have.

-that’s a pricy wheel.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's expensive but it's in line with Zipp and Roval.

I like the molded cutout. Zipp needs to add that soon.

Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://aerogeeks.com/...ses-disc-first-look/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I could care less about ENVE and their wheel. After claiming triathletes don't need disc wheels, they won't get any money from me.

Kona is arguably the top IM. Does Kona allow disc wheels? Give me the time you save in an IM by using a rear disc over the ENVE 7.8. Triathletes aiming for Kona certainly do not need disc wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I could care less about ENVE and their wheel. After claiming triathletes don't need disc wheels, they won't get any money from me.

Kona is arguably the top IM. Does Kona allow disc wheels? Give me the time you save in an IM by using a rear disc over the ENVE 7.8. Triathletes aiming for Kona certainly do not need disc wheels.

Uh...what?

Kona is arguably the top IM. YES, it is the IM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Does Kona allow disc wheels? No

Give me the time you save in an IM by using a rear disc over the ENVE 7.8. ???? So you'd rather use a non-disc in an IM? Why wouldn't you use the fastest wheel combination allowed? If you used a disk you wouldn't need anyone to give you the time lost with 7.8s

Triathletes aiming for Kona certainly do not need disc wheels. Certainly? Its a race. Again, why not use the faster wheel available? Especially when slots are decided by seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Approximately 3x my HED black disc.

Did you buy it new? It's less the 2x from what I can see but would love to know if there is a discount somewhere
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So it’s 220 grams (~0.5 lb) heavier than the Roval with 0.5mm narrower inner diameter (18.5mm vs. 19).

The only reasons you buy this over the Roval is a) braking; b) looks; or c) to be matchy matchy with your 7.8 front
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Interesting that they came out with a disc so soon after Specialized. I’m guessing both of these companies will stick a price tag of well over 2k on them. People will drink the marketing juice and buy them despite Flo, Hed, Renn, Aerocoach, etc all making discs just as fast (and perhaps faster) for a third the cost
SwissSide is also coming out with a disc (early) next year.

Is Aerocoach's disc a clincher?
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:

So it’s 220 grams (~0.5 lb) heavier than the Roval with 0.5mm narrower inner diameter (18.5mm vs. 19).

The only reasons you buy this over the Roval is a) braking; b) looks; or c) to be matchy matchy with your 7.8 front

agreed... 220g savings matchy-matchy no longer required.. I'd sooner put roval stickers on my Enve front :)
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Roval disc is really nice

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed the price tag is super pretentious. Also the Roval for 1/2 lb lighter is now even more appealing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice that they claim it's only for pros and elite age groupers who ride 27mph or faster? When did physics start discriminating?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Somebody should have told AJ that to put his chain on the big chainring instead of cross-chaining like that :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next