Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spot on. Gomez's biggest decision will be if he follows Bozzone/Mckenzie/Currie when they push it on the bike. Bozzone is in the shape of his life so he might even get a gap on Mckenzie/Currie. No doubt will be a fascinating race.

My congrats Talbot on the brilliant content and criss crossing the world to bring it to us. Cheers!!
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great post Tubs. Fully agree, Bozzone has an absolutely legitimate shot at winning Kona. Recently listened a great podcast (Oxygen Addict) with his Coach Dan Plews and he said that Terrenzo's performance this year in New Zealand was one of the best in IM in the last 10 years. An amazing talent, met him once in Dubai, really cool down to earth chap.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
The former drug cheat will come second

No debate about first?
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which drug cheat?
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:
J

So what makes the PRO's so good at racing in the heat?

Genetics must be a big factor.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:
It's interesting watching Terenzo this year. If Kona is his number one goal this year, his race schedule seems at odds with doing well in October. He already got himself in great shape for IMNZ and held his fantastic form for a couple of 70.3'. So if he plans on bringing his A game to IM Cairns and pushing himself deep against a stacked field, is he really going to be able to get in great shape a 3rd time for Kona? In Macca's book he talks about Terenzo being an incredible talent but held back at times by overtraining. Could his race schedule be stopping him from having a great race in kona? Can any athlete be in great shape in March , June and then again in October? Compare it to Gomez, who has been very quiet on the racing, will prob use Cairns just as race experience when not in top shape, and then move on towards Kona to be at his best.

It would be great to see Terenzo at his best in kona, as I genuinely think he could win it.

I don't think it is possible to be in a A+ shape all year. I hope there is a lot of down time from both training and racing before Kona for Terrenzo
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no update from JG for the past 30min or so. Hopefully just a tech issue...
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and yes...was just tech. 1.29 off the lead off the bike. They're going to have to run scared.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No sign of Gomez, O’Donnell, Buckingham or Currie in last 30 minutes! Did the dog that was reported by Tim Reed take them all out? Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By tracker has Gomez in 3rd 19s down at 10k mark. Now just a matter of when he'll pass and how big of a victory he'll take.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10.3km according to IM tracker atleast- 37:04

3:36 km/ pace.....2:32 marathon predicted pace (not saying he is, just giving out what the 10km splits out too).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running side by side at 14km mark and now together at 16.2km mark.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure Gomez will focus on the win and not the time.
Now he can try to stay with the leader and just wait it all out.

But as we all now. The ITU guys just suck ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currie "drops" Gomez at 22km taking a 2s lead.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great battle for 3rd between O’Donnell and Bozzone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
half of ~1:16:10 based on the IM tracker splits (take that for what it's worth).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mirinda Carfrae hauling on the run (sorry, non-Gomez related)
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Double-Double] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Double-Double wrote:
Mirinda Carfrae hauling on the run (sorry, non-Gomez related)

So is Beth.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Fasted woman on the run according to IM tracker.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't they put some footage of Gomez and Currie running on the "Event Feed" link on IM tracker?
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [Double-Double] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currie made a move? It now shows him ahead of Javi by 10s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double-Double wrote:

Fasted woman on the run according to IM tracker.

I coach the leader, her race plan based on the others fading after hard starts
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Curry wins I know everyone will be like 'oh yea Gomez just went for the experience, wasn't peaking etc' but this shows that Curry is a very good athlete, hopefully puts him on more peoples radars around here.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Javier Gomez run Sub 2:40? **Video Interview** [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currie 40secs ahead now at the 35.5km mark

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply

Prev Next