Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I'm starting to think that Duffy actually had two accounts. One has been blocked, so now he's using the other to troll.

Nah. They have completely different trolling styles.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I'm starting to think that Duffy actually had two accounts. One has been blocked, so now he's using the other to troll.

Duffy asked me to tell you, "Muff guffin moof fee oogen meef oophen!"

Which, if he didn't have Trump's balls in his mouth, would sound like this:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching Wallace grill dhs secretary it appears even he ,Wallace, finds it hard to believe these folks, repub cabinet & legislators, will lie to cover for the shithead prez.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure there is such a thing as a refugee from a country that’s not a shithole

I spent a fair amount of time in Syria before the war and it was beautiful. Damascus was one of my favorite cities. I also time in Vietnam which I also loved. Both had and have refugees and both are far from what I would consider shithole countries.

Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are all Duffy
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
We are all Duffy

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I’m not sure there is such a thing as a refugee from a country that’s not a shithole

I spent a fair amount of time in Syria before the war and it was beautiful. Damascus was one of my favorite cities. I also time in Vietnam which I also loved. Both had and have refugees and both are far from what I would consider shithole countries.

After years of civil war, Syria is by and large a sh*thole outside of Damascus and other cities controlled by Assad and his Ba'athists.

Assuming he actually called those countries "sh*tholes," we have to ask ourselves a couple of questions:

1. Was his referring to various countries as "sh*tholes" very presidential? Obviously not.

2. Was he just saying out loud what almost everybody thinks of those various countries? My guess is yes. I know that's what I think of almost all of them. It's also why I used to kiss the ground whenever I got off a plane in the US after spending some time overseas in various sh*thole countries. Or as Danny DeVito's character Ralph in "Jewel of the Nile" called "Third World cesspools." ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Nah. They have completely different trolling styles."

A good troll will use different personalities for each account. If Duffy wants to say something clever or funny, he does it as Duffy. If its just annoying, then he does it as JSA.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"Nah. They have completely different trolling styles."

A good troll will use different personalities for each account. If Duffy wants to say something clever or funny, he does it as Duffy. If its just annoying, then he does it as JSA.

Your King does not approve, Barry!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump just declared himself “not a racist.” Even better, though, he said he is “the least racist” person.

So, you and I and all of us are MORE racist than Trump. So says he.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Trump just declared himself “not a racist.” Even better, though, he said he is “the least racist” person.

So, you and I and all of us are MORE racist than Trump. So says he.

Now that's damn funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profiles in courage senators Perdue and cotton. Not. Graham so much as confirmed what trump said. Eric Erickson, conservative pundit, did too. Lyin' sacks of dung.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Profiles in courage senators Perdue and cotton. Not. Graham so much as confirmed what trump said. Eric Erickson, conservative pundit, did too. Lyin' sacks of dung.
What Msssrs Perdue and Cotton heard was Shithouse, what Durbin heard was shithole. ! Hearing aids for all.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
You’re 100% correct. I had the privilege of working in a part of town where my clients were 80% immigrant and working class. Best, nicest, most ethical and hard working families I could have served. How that’s despised is beyond me, particularly since that’s what we were built upon.

So just to get this straight...

The best, nicest, most ethical and hard working produce shitholes, and the Trump voting, lazy, entitled assholes produce prized destinations.
I'm open to the debate, but I hope you can understand how I'm not convinced you or sphere are 100% correct.

(Also, you are moving the goalposts when you begin to refer to all immigrants or immigrants generally.)
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And spines for 2 with dose of honesty.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are familiar with the concept of strawman arguments, i presume.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You are familiar with the concept of strawman arguments, i presume.

I'm questioning your arguments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are misconstruing my argument and attacking that version.

Strawman.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And plays golf today instead of trying to honor the day. What a guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You are misconstruing my argument and attacking that version.

Strawman.

Actually, I responded to MidwestRoadie. I don't mind you jumping in, but you'll have to explain yourself better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

You’re 100% correct. I had the privilege of working in a part of town where my clients were 80% immigrant and working class. Best, nicest, most ethical and hard working families I could have served. How that’s despised is beyond me, particularly since that’s what we were built upon.
So just to get this straight...

The best, nicest, most ethical and hard working produce shitholes, and the Trump voting, lazy, entitled assholes produce prized destinations.
I'm open to the debate, but I hope you can understand how I'm not convinced you or sphere are 100% correct.

You have twisted his statement into a ludicrous mess. Folks who have emigrated and are working here are by and large are ethical/hard-working, in his experience (in mine too, that's why they emigrated to a a place with greater econimoc opportunities for hard work, regardless of their immigration status). The first part is a bizarre twisting of his statement, while the second part is created by you from whole cloth ("Trump voting, lazy, entitled produce prized destinations (?)."). BTW, Trump supportters aren't lazy or entitled, and his support is generally highest in areas that are economically "less desirable", (i.e. cheaper) to live. That is is due to a host of factors, including systemic inequalities in society and reduced opportunities, and has nothing to do with "shitholiness".
Last edited by: oldandslow: Jan 15, 18 15:37
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
You have twisted his statement into a ludicrous mess..

First, you guys are the ones doing the twisting. Trump spoke about immigrants from shitholes, but you guys want to change that to just immigrants or just poor immigrants. That's inaccurate in important ways. I know. Who gives a damn about accuracy when we're talking about Trump? But irregardless of Trump, I'm not ready to throw the ENTIRE line of reasoning down the toilet because Trump said it in an insensitive way, and you can write down some cliches about immigrants.

Secondly, you are missing the only important aspect of Trump's comment. Namely, what cultural, educational, and ethical factors lead a people to create a true shithole? And, are those cultural, educational, and ethical factors transferable to the immigrants' new country of destination.

According to MidwestRoadie, all the immigrants (from shitholes I presume) are great. My comment was to point out, if they're all so great, then why do they come from a shithole? This is not an unserious question, and it's not twisting things into a ludicrous mess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
oldandslow wrote:

First, you guys are the ones doing the twisting. Trump spoke about immigrants from shitholes, but you guys want to change that to just immigrants or just poor immigrants. That's inaccurate in important ways. I know. Who gives a damn about accuracy when we're talking about Trump? But irregardless of Trump, I'm not ready to throw the ENTIRE line of reasoning down the toilet because Trump said it in an insensitive way, and you can write down some cliches about immigrants.

Secondly, you are missing the only important aspect of Trump's comment. Namely, what cultural, educational, and ethical factors lead a people to create a true shithole? And, are those cultural, educational, and ethical factors transferable to the immigrants' new country of destination.

According to MidwestRoadie, all the immigrants (from shitholes I presume) are great. My comment was to point out, if they're all so great, then why do they come from a shithole? This is not an unserious question, and it's not twisting things into a ludicrous mess.

You don't sound like you're making an argument for merit-based immigration. Rather, you seem to be saying immigrants from shithole counties are not welcome, because if they turned their own country into a shithole then they aren't going to help America? Do I have that right?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
SH wrote:
oldandslow wrote:

You don't sound like you're making an argument for merit-based immigration. Rather, you seem to be saying immigrants from shithole counties are not welcome, because if they turned their own country into a shithole then they aren't going to help America? Do I have that right?

No. You don't have it right. I haven't argued for ANY particular policy. I'm just trying to explore these issues in an intelligent way instead of with banal cliches.

I prefer to use my football analogy because, frankly, talking about particular cultures overwhelms the American mind. If we (you and I) were to look at selecting members of the Cleveland Browns organization for our own NFL franchise, I would imagine that we'd want to be very careful. The Browns have always been terrible. While there may be some effective people in that organization we know that there must be some critical losers. It may even be that the people in that organization that have the best "resume" are also the most responsible for the team's disfunction. To have the most success possible, we'd might establish a few things with regards to any Browns organization members we're liable to bring over to our team...

1.) We wouldn't want to just randomly select Browns personnel.
2.) We would want to try to figure what the Browns' problem was and what members were most responsible for the Browns' disfunction.
3.) We would want to determine how much any Browns member might or might not adapt to our NFL culture.
4.) We would probably be more careful with these decisions than when we are evaluating NE Patriots organization members (for example.)
5.) We would probably want to make sure our new culture was definitely strong enough to completely displace the preexisting Browns culture.

In modern America we could easily try this approach to our Browns recruiting. I'm not so sure it could even be discussed as an approach to immigration.
Last edited by: SH: Jan 15, 18 19:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if, in your analogy, the best and the brightest are the ones who want to leave the Browns, and only the bottom of the barrel feel like they need to leave the Pats?

In a merit based system, where they come from isn't really relevant. What matters is the attributes that they, as individuals, possess.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next