Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think single malt is considered a PED according to the Highland Games rulebook, to bring the thread back on topic.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe they should change the TdF into a charity event...

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course buckfast tonic wine is actually the drunk drinker's drink of choice among the antisocial Scottish cognoscenti...they're too drunk to take part in anything even vaguely resembling a sport (i'm not sure about american football though...)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus, you two should work on the Kennedy assassination case. You are both throwing out bullshit like you sit in locker rooms and stick needles in players asses. You know nothing, you suspect everything. god I hope you are never on any kind of jury.

Testing people after every game is not the same as testing after every track meet or endurance event. Take basketball for example, you are going to test every player 81 times per year plus the playoff games. Baseball players get 162 tests per year. Even football, 16 times per year. That is a hell of a lot more than ANY endurance athlete or track and field athlete.

I thought (not positive) that the NFL tests both in and out of season as well. I am not claiming the NFL is 100% clean, I am just saying I don't buy into the rabid steroid use that everyone on here claims. I think it is more petty hatred and jealousy for athletes that make a lot of money for their talent.

The NFL has its problems, but I am not sure steroids are the biggest issue. Baseball is embarassing itself, no doubt.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL....we hit a nerve footie fan?

OK, OK, I'll agree the NFL is clean (laughing inside my head)...

Petty hatred and jealousy for athletes...yeah right...a lot of athletes in the NFL...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Truthfully, for French riders to dope now, if they belong to a Pro team, it's pretty hard with a 'suivi longitudinal'. The French Anti Doping Agency tried to impose a similar process for all riders but it failed unfortunately.
That said, I don't think we have many really talented riders right now anyway, so I still think someone not french would win the tour...
Before doping, fancy bikes etc. the main thing remains to have a truly gifted rider. Armstrong, Ullrich, etc. were truly amazing riders, doped or not. France doesn't have a Hinault or an Anquetil at the moment.[/reply]

I wonder if it possible you don't have any talented riders now because they are not doping and the others are?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even football, 16 times per year. That is a hell of a lot more than ANY endurance athlete or track and field athlete.

Saint Lance was tested a lot more than you're suggesting, he was an endurance athlete I believe. You need to have out of competition testing as well as before and after games, both random and important (playoffs, finals etc) if your program is to address the various types of PEDs utilized and be more than a bit of token PR window dressing.

If I was a pro athlete I would happily be tested every day in order to avoid competing against people on PEDs and remove the temptation to "keep up". This seems to be the way pro cycling is heading.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, OK, I'll agree the NFL is clean (laughing inside my head)...

Typical French surrendering :)

Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[But the NFL provides an opportunity for the 300lb lardass who lifts a bit and can run for 3 seconds to get paid as a sportsman, now that's the American dream... ]

I love it!!!!!!! Sweeeeetttttt......

Cheers,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ignorance always hits a nerve.....really wish it didn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell us when you're back from Neverland and say hi to Peter for me will you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Operacion Puerto has 200 athletes listed. 50 pro riders. Not one athlete of the other 150 got any problem whatsoever...not one

That was one of the first things I noticed when Puerto broke out, and I am still dumbfounded to explain UCI's masochistic obsession with self-flagellation. The same question that people ask of Riis can be asked about the UCI: what do they gain by publicising drug use within the sport?

You have been involved with cycling for a long time -- do you have an explanation?

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you didn't spend a ton of money on a widesceen HDTV to watch the NFL on...you won't be able to see too well with your head up your behind

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, we all know French vignerons are behind all of it. They want to go back to the good old time when cyclists used red wine in the Tour as main doping substance.

In Reply To:
Yes, yes, it's a vast french conspiracy blah blah blah...yawn...

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next