They won't even make January.

January 1 or January 31?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rpmfreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
file here https://dropmefiles.com/vdG8Q
it was record with Edge 1000.

I can load the file, see power etc, but no GPA/GPR and a few other metrics. I loaded it directly into WKO4
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
sentania wrote:
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?

January 1 or January 31?

2016 or 2017?

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
sentania wrote:
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?

January 1 or January 31?

2016 or 2017?

(P.S. Anybody want to buy a Macbook Air?)
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Dec 16, 15 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see the same in my WKO+4.0. But where is the problem. P1 pedal data or recording with Garmin Head Unit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
I see the same in my WKO+4.0. But where is the problem. P1 pedal data or recording with Garmin Head Unit?

It could be either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
sentania wrote:
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?

January 1 or January 31?

2016 or 2017?

(P.S. Anybody want to buy a Macbook Air?)

I can trade you multiple boxes of Jelly Belly Sports Beans, some team water bottles, and maybe a 2015 team kit. If you wait until Jan. 1 I'm sure I can get you something from Astellas Pharma instead of JB.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
officially delayed for PC with no new release date provided.

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...pdate-on-wko4-for-pc
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PC version has now been released:

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/wko4/downloadtrial
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Well there goes my evening!

Woohoo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that Powertap haven't enabled those metrics for the P1's yet, though I also have a Garmin headunit so perhaps someone with a Joule headunit can confirm?
Last edited by: rmt: Jan 27, 16 16:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry in case this has been asked before, I also checked the FAQ on the TP website...:

Can I run WKO4+ in parallel to WKO3+ on the same computer (Windows 10)?

I first want to play with WKO4+ for a while before I eventually switch.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [axti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axti wrote:
Sorry in case this has been asked before, I also checked the FAQ on the TP website...:

Can I run WKO4+ in parallel to WKO3+ on the same computer (Windows 10)?

I first want to play with WKO4+ for a while before I eventually switch.

Thanks!

AFAIK you should be able to, but I haven't actually tried it yet myself. Sit tight, and I can give it a go.

ETA: Thinking about it, any changes made in one program won't be reflected in the other after the upgrade process...but I guess that should be obvious. (OTOH, if you're a TP Premium user, WKO4 and your online account will be continually synchronized.)
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jan 28, 16 4:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Damn - I was looking forward to taking the pi$$ next week..............

Oh well - 14 day trail version to download and check out this weekend. Lets see if its worth parting with my cash - hope the answer is yes to be honest.

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Sit tight, and I can give it a go.

Unfortunately, WKO4 hadn't finished converting my 14 athletes/10s of thousands of files before I had to leave for work, so I can't still can't answer your question based on personal experience. I am 99.9999999...% confident, however, that there won't be any issues (after all, many of the initial users of the PC version of WKO4 will be those who have upgraded from WKO+ 3.0...it would be absolutely shocking if any conflicts hadn't been anticipated and eliminated).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody over on the wattage list took the plunge, and as you would expect, reports that WKO4 and WKO+ 3.0 can happily coexist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Andrew - I'll give it a try this weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To bad when you sync your coaching account it doesn't sync all your athletes Pwr and HR zone settings

Re: WKO+ 4.0 [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:
To bad when you sync your coaching account it doesn't sync all your athletes Pwr and HR zone settings

Complaining on the wattage list wasn't enough for you? :)

FWIW, there are numerous difficulties in trying to completely synchronize the two products, starting with the fact that TP doesn't maintain a permanent record of some meta-data (i.e., historical FTP settings) and ending with the fact that WKO4 incorporates numerous features and innovations not available on TP online (e.g., individualized training levels). Thus, while in an ideal world the two would move in lock-step, in reality this isn't 100% possible. The focus to date has therefore been upon seamless exchange of the actual files (and accompanying notes). New features, however, are being added all the time, so if synchronizing the settings you mention is possible, it will happen eventually.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jan 28, 16 9:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
JustinNorCal wrote:

FWIW, there are numerous difficulties in trying to completely synchronize the two products, starting with the fact that TP doesn't maintain a permanent record of some meta-data (i.e., historical FTP settings) and ending with the fact that WKO4 incorporates numerous features and innovations not available on TP online (e.g., individualized training levels). Thus, while in an ideal world the two would move in lock-step, in reality this isn't 100% possible. The focus to date has therefore been upon seamless exchange of the actual files (and accompanying notes). New features, however, are being added all the time, so if synchronizing the settings you mention is possible, it will happen eventually.

Thanks for feedback - forget that half of this board is over there as well

Re: WKO+ 4.0 [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
JustinNorCal wrote:

Thanks for feedback - forget that half of this board is over there as well

I was really just teasing. It's certainly a fair point, and you have every right to try to bring it to people's attention. Thank you, though, for giving me the opportunity to try to explain why things are the way they are. :)
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jan 28, 16 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Unfortunately, WKO4 hadn't finished converting my 14 athletes/10s of thousands of files before I had to leave for work, .

Mine crashed a couple of times doing that. But we got there. I'm having fun so far.

I've been searching for detailed explanations of S&W and individualised zones but no joy so far, would you have links handy (preferably not videos, I like to read technical info)?
I'm quite excited by the potential of individualised zones, but want to be really clear on the execution of the concept.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Unfortunately, WKO4 hadn't finished converting my 14 athletes/10s of thousands of files before I had to leave for work, .

Mine crashed a couple of times doing that.

Mine finished w/o problems, probably because I left the computer alone (at home) and let it do its think w/o interruption.

cyclenutnz wrote:
But we got there. I'm having fun so far.

I've been searching for detailed explanations of S&W and individualised zones but no joy so far, would you have links handy (preferably not videos, I like to read technical info)?
I'm quite excited by the potential of individualised zones, but want to be really clear on the execution of the concept.

The S&W (strengths and weaknesses) chart is just another way of displaying your abilities relative to one the standard curve. (I actually prefer my WAC - Williams-Allen-Coggan chart, which does the same thing but in reference to the world-class level, ala the Mercier running tables. There's even an age-adjusted line if you want to play those sorts of "what if" games.)

There's at least one article on the individualized training levels (by Tim Cusick) on the TP website, but you're right, the educational aspect of their purpose/benefit/implementation is a bit lacking. In part, that's because of another major development that's still in the pipeline.

BTW (shameless plug): I'm doing a webinar next Tuesday evening (CST) on the new metrics/concepts in WKO4, including the individualized training levels. You may not be able to view it live due to the time change, but it will be recorded, so perhaps keep an eye out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the "PMC Run Pack" supposed to filter on running? If all sports are selected on the right and I click on run pack it's giving me totals for all sports, not just running.
Quote Reply

Prev Next