Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [boulderoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got any comments on the run and swim analysis? Have they been improved over V3.0? Keeping track of the posts on here and Wattage - plenty of stuff on cycling analytics but not a lot on the other stuff.

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim TSS is significantly lower than TP. Not sure which one is right but they are no where close.

I also found a bug in the running analysis. It reports total weekly mileage (swim, bike, run) as the weekly running mileage.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve,

Look at the report you are using, open the config and select those data series. Does it say "if(run... or something similar? In WKO4 there are two ways to build customization by sport type.

1. You can make a report pull only specific data based on sport types by using "IF" statements so that the report only total specific data. So if the expression says if(run....it will only use runs.

2. The second way is to use the sport type selection buttons on top the Right Hand Explorer (RHE). These are a series of buttons with sport type images. When the multi one is selected (looks like stacked files) all data contributes to the report. Deselect all sports by selecting specific sport type. So if you click on the bike button, just see data from bike workouts, click on the run, just run... click on the run and bike, see run and bike (can make combos). This means ANY report you are looking at can show unique data sources by sport types.

As far as improvements in swimming and running aspects, you have to think about what WKO4 is. It is an analytical engine and you can build any analysis you want. We focused more on cycling as that has been the core of WKO but anyone can use WKO4 to build amazing running and swimming analytics, just have to think about what you really want to know, what are you looking for? Don't get me wrong, there are some good charts in there to get you rolling but once you understand the system, can do whatever you want!!!

Hope that helps.

Tim Cusick
TrainingPeaks WKO4 Product Development Leader
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Tim WKO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got WKO+ 4.0 installed and my history from WKO+(3.0,2.5,2.0) loaded without issues. Now I just need to figure out how to drive the thing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim WKO4 wrote:
you have to think about what WKO4 is. It is an analytical engine and you can build any analysis you want. We focused more on cycling as that has been the core of WKO but anyone can use WKO4 to build amazing running and swimming analytics, just have to think about what you really want to know, what are you looking for?

As an example, I've used WKO4 to calculate my running effectiveness (i.e., ratio of running pace to running power, as measured using a Stryd device).

The WKO4 power-duration model also works for running (although unlike cyclists, not many runners go all-out over a broad range of durations on a regular basis).

Expect more and more running-related analyses in the future, as the raw data channels become more readily import-able (is that a word?), allowing for further manipulation and insight.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Expect more and more running-related analyses in the future

Here's an example:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
1. You can make a report pull only specific data based on sport types by using "IF" statements so that the report only total specific data. So if the expression says if(run....it will only use runs.

2. The second way is to use the sport type selection buttons on top the Right Hand Explorer (RHE). These are a series of buttons with sport type images. When the multi one is selected (looks like stacked files) all data contributes to the report. Deselect all sports by selecting specific sport type. So if you click on the bike button, just see data from bike workouts, click on the run, just run... click on the run and bike, see run and bike (can make combos). This means ANY report you are looking at can show unique data sources by sport types.

I think this was my question earlier as well. So when I click on "Run Pack" it doesn't automatically filter on running? You have to manually configure all those charts or change the filters on the top right every time?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super,

In the Run pack some do, everything that would be run specific.

You can do it either way but the "if" statement will over ride the sport type button control. We built this so you can use it to see data in data. For example, in a PMC you might do CTL as a whole but also want to see CTL JUST from running, we you can add a second CTL line driven by a sport type. So you can use the whole formula: tl(if(sport="run",tss),ctlconstant) That will give you a CTL always based off just runs. If you have that in your PMC pack, no matter what sport type selected, it will show RUNS. This sounds confusing but navigate to library and load the Multi Sport PMC Pack and look at PMC and configuration. While looking, click on the sport type buttons and see what changes.

For summary reports, best to just use sport type buttons. So say you looking at weekly report for duration and you have ridden 10 hours and ran 2. The expression in the report is: sum(duration,"week") so summing all duration for the week. IF you clikc on just the bike sport type, it will say 10 hours, just the run it will change and say 2 hours, click on all or bike and run, will say 12.

Try playing around with the multi sport PMC give good views of this, also look reports and see expression, if you see the bike or run "if" statements then that is what it is totaling.

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew, can you explain to me the difference between the AWC and FRC. Is it FRC work of only ATF system, but AWC - total work of all anaerobic system ( ATF + lactate anaerobic)? Is it correct?

Last edited by: rpmfreestyle: Feb 4, 16 11:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I could have a PMC that shows CTL for bike and run combined as well as a CTL for just running and a CTL for just cycling? So 3 CTLs on one chart? Am I understanding that correctly?

Speaking of CTL, at the top of the screen it shows CTL, ATL, Ramp, etc. for an athlete. Is it possible to filter that so the CTL number shows only bike/run combined? I haven't been using swim TSS but when I synced with TP it assigned swim TSS to some workouts and my CTL in WKO4 is higher than it is in TP and it's throwing me off. I'd like to just see bike/run if possible.

I'm hoping tonight's webinar helps because right now I'm frustrated with WKO4. I really want to like it, but charts are taking a long time to load and I'm struggling to see the data I want to see. Last night I was selecting different time ranges and my PMC wouldn't change. It just showed everything from 2007-present. On summary charts, months are showing up as mmmm. When I tried highlighting a range in a power file I couldn't see what I was highlighting as I dragged the cursor so I was having a hard time selecting my segment.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three different questions:

1. Yes on the multiple CTL, open the chart library, search MULTI it will bring up the Multi Sport PMC Pack, I built it already, added time / tss for each sport also, pretty cool.

2. The "Hero Bar" metrics are locked for now.

3. I will explain that tonight. The chart is in Highlight mode (the PMC you refer to). You can open the Config box for that PMC and set set the Ranges to ZOOM and Overlap and it will do what you want.

There is a learning curve, it is very different.

PS: Let everything load once, it will get faster once compiles....

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

If the "hero bar" is locked, is it possible to zero out the TSS on my past swim workouts? I tried to do that and wasn't successful. Since I never use that, my swim threshold pace was way off so the TSS was way off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also - there is a new update out.

1. Open WKO4
  2. Navigate to HELP on top bar
  3. Click "Check for updates"
  4. Follow instructions

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a link to tonight's webinar?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rpmfreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
Andrew, can you explain to me the difference between the AWC and FRC. Is it FRC work of only ATF system, but AWC - total work of all anaerobic system ( ATF + lactate anaerobic)? Is it correct?

First and foremost, FRC is a functional measurement reflecting your resistance to fatigue during high intensity, non-steady-state exercise.

As for sources of ATP during such exercise, they would include the phosphagen system, glycolysis, and an aerobic component, with the first being rather minor and the relative importance of the other two varying with exercise duration.

Although originally viewed as strictly non-aerobic (hence the original name/acronym anaerobic work capacity/AWC), it is now realized that W' also includes an aerobic component. However, the mathematical model used to calculate it vs. FRC is different, hence you can't really use the terms interchangeably (just as, e.g., you can't use the terms lactate and ventilatory threshold interchangeably).
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link to the Intro to WKO4 Webinar, tonight at 8:00pm EST https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/.../9028331140903205378

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the link to Andy's webinar next week:

New Metrics and iLevels in WKO4
by Dr. Andrew Coggan

Webinar focused on defining new metrics and giving normative ranges and performance expectations, Dr. Coggan will present the reasoning behind and how to of the new metrics and iLevels.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4224129432545319426

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohhhhhh.

I was using the standard Run pack and had all sports selected on the RHE. I figured the run pack automatically filtered for running. Seems silly that the different swim, bike, run packs don't already filter automatically on their own.

It seems I learn a bit of the programming language in order to display what I want to see. Does the manual cover all these various commands?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim,

Could you answer my question about splitting workout files in WKO4? I need to split some files to see if/how it affects the PD model.

Duncan
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan,

What are you hoping to learn? I am not sure you need to split files, there are potentially other ways to use WKO4 answer questions that might surprise you.

You can simply copy the sensor data, paste to Excel (or similar) manipulate and load back through DA if you really need to but interested in the above question.

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Tim WKO4 & Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummed I couldn't make it to the webinar, something came up.
Is it online anywhere?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
rpmfreestyle wrote:

First and foremost, FRC is a functional measurement reflecting your resistance to fatigue during high intensity, non-steady-state exercise.

As for sources of ATP during such exercise, they would include the phosphagen system, glycolysis, and an aerobic component, with the first being rather minor and the relative importance of the other two varying with exercise duration.

Although originally viewed as strictly non-aerobic (hence the original name/acronym anaerobic work capacity/AWC), it is now realized that W' also includes an aerobic component. However, the mathematical model used to calculate it vs. FRC is different, hence you can't really use the terms interchangeably (just as, e.g., you can't use the terms lactate and ventilatory threshold interchangeably).
As I understand matematic model for AWC calculation including some aerobic componet , but for calculation FRC use only anaerobic componet? is it correct?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last nights webinar was recorded and being posted to TrainingPeaks YouTube. I will share it here when live.

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rpmfreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
As I understand matematic model for AWC calculation including some aerobic componet , but for calculation FRC use only anaerobic componet? is it correct?

No, FRC includes an aerobic component as well. (In fact, on average FRC is significantly higher than W' - nee AWC - depending, of course, on which critical power model and data points you use to calculate the latter.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot
Quote Reply

Prev Next