Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rubik wrote:
Bruizer wrote:
Any word on when the PC version will come out?

+1. A bit jealous reading through this thread. Such a tease.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5704467#5704467
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Oct 17, 15 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dr Coggan,

Is Gross Power Released/Gross Power Absorbed new to WKO4 ?

Is it only for pedals such as the vector ?

Is it correct to say that GPA is power "wasted" ? If I understand it, if you unweighted 100% your GPA would be 0

GPR of 130 GPA of 27 is pretty bad (I think)
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Hi Dr Coggan,

Is it correct to say that GPA is power "wasted" ? If I understand it, if you unweighted 100% your GPA would be 0

Yes, GPR and GPA are new pedaling metrics that I developed for WKO4 (along with kurtotic index (KI) and maximum effective pedal force (MEPF)).

Yes, you have to have a true double-sided powermeter.

No, GPR does not necessarily represent "wasted" power. Specifically, you could be actively pulling up on the crank, but still be absorbing power because you're stomping down so hard on the other side.

If you'd like to post a screenshot of the Zorro chart from a variable-power ride, I could walk you through the metrics and their interpretation. (Note that due to limitations of the quality of the underlying data, it is generally better to analyze such metrics using scattercharts instead of, e.g., mean values that are readily distorted by extreme outliers).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
marcag wrote:
Hi Dr Coggan,

Yes, GPR and GPA are new pedaling metrics that I developed for WKO4 (along with kurtotic index (KI) and maximum effective pedal force (MEPF)).

No, GPR does not necessarily represent "wasted" power. Specifically, you could be actively pulling up on the crank, but still be absorbing power because you're stomping down so hard on the other side.

If you'd like to post a screenshot of the Zorro chart from a variable-power ride, I could walk you through the metrics and their interpretation. (Note that due to limitations of the quality of the underlying data, it is generally better to analyze such metrics using scattercharts instead of, e.g., mean values that are readily distorted by extreme outliers).

thanks

I am not sure there is a wide enough range of power levels

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
marcag wrote:
Hi Dr Coggan,

thanks

I am not sure there is a wide enough range of power levels

Could be wider, perhaps, but still good enough (note that the X axis of the Zorro chart is *single-leg* power).

Anyway, here's what I see:

1) trainer ride, right? If so, that could influence the results and hence interpretation below.

2) you're more of a "masher" that someone who "pedals in circles" (GPA is relatively high compared to GPR, and doesn't decrease as much w/ increasing power as is usually the case).

3) you tend to "push" more w/ your left leg (cloud of points for left GPR looks to be higher than cloud for right GPR) and "punch" more with your right (GPR lower, but KI higher, indicating a more peaked power-releasing phase).

4) probably because you "punch" the right pedal a bit more, you absorb a little more power on the left side.

So, could you go faster if you modified your pedal stroke? I think that's doubtful...but presumably this chart/analysis has given you better insight into how you actually do pedal, and should you, e.g., develop an overuse injury in the future (and/or have been injured in the past), might be helpful in getting things squared away (ha ha!) again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
So, could you go faster if you modified your pedal stroke? I think that's doubtful...but presumably this chart/analysis has given you better insight into how you actually do pedal, and should you, e.g., develop an overuse injury in the future (and/or have been injured in the past), might be helpful in getting things squared away (ha ha!) again.

Thanks. I will play with his over the next few months on the trainer. Any papers or videos on this ?

Post workout analysis is very cool. But during the workout, the only thing I have access to is Garmin dynamics.

So I assume I want to keep my torque effectiveness as high as possible and keep my peak power phase and power phase as wide as possible ? If my peak power phase is "wide" I guess I am not mashing as much ?

Do you find Garmin cycling dynamics a valid way to monitor this while cycling ? It's that or Netflix :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have also fixed a few TP sync issues that were annoying for the swim. Things are much more stable now.

The Zoro chart feature is cool.

This is a MAP/Ramp test. 25w/min, failure at 400. BTW, this one ride seems to have bumped my mFTP.

On the chart, as the power goes up, GPA goes down, which I understand is normal

But shouldn't I be concerned with a relatively "large" GPA at my HIM pace at around 210ish ?
Should I be trying to get this down or am I wasting my time. Off season seems like the time to do it, if worthwhile

Is cadence something to experiment with ie, do intervals at various cadences and look at the Zoro chart of each interval. Or look at a scatter of Torque efficiency vs cadence ?

Last edited by: marcag: Nov 16, 15 3:30
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
So why do we have to wait 12 weeks? Windows 10 is out in like 7 days.

Some of us probably won't use Windows 10 for a year or two.

You guys are such a bunch of teases.

Edit: You should at least let us buy it and simply live with the beta version on Windows.

Well it's been 16 weeks now, any news on this?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
sentania wrote:
So why do we have to wait 12 weeks? Windows 10 is out in like 7 days.

Some of us probably won't use Windows 10 for a year or two.

You guys are such a bunch of teases.

Edit: You should at least let us buy it and simply live with the beta version on Windows.

Well it's been 16 weeks now, any news on this?

Seriously............... You expected news!!!! Lets be honest, the iMac issue was beta testing, the real work has now begun!!!!! I estimate Christmas. 2017.

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just sent TP a request to see if they have a specific date. I suggest everyone do the same since Andrew has already stated he doesn't have any control over when they release the PC version.

Side note: I get bummed out every time I see this thread. Just salting the wound....
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
I just sent TP a request to see if they have a specific date. I suggest everyone do the same since Andrew has already stated he doesn't have any control over when they release the PC version.

Side note: I get bummed out every time I see this thread. Just salting the wound....

It's available 4th quarter, so you should be able to order it within the next couple of weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcmetal wrote:
racehd wrote:

It's available 4th quarter, so you should be able to order it within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, they've been saying that for quite some time but with no specific date it was making me question it. They did respond to my request fairly promptly though:

Quote:
PC development is on schedule and should be released by year end. [..] watch for updates soon.
Tim Cusick
TrainingPeaks WKO4 Product Leader
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
racehd wrote:

Yes, they've been saying that for quite some time but with no specific date it was making me question it. They did respond to my request fairly promptly though:

Quote:

PC development is on schedule and should be released by year end. [..] watch for updates soon.
Tim Cusick

Agreed :) I posted that with intentional ambiguity about my sarcasm :)

They keep saying 4th quarter and there is just no reason they can't release it yet. For Windows 10 testing? What a bunch of BS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcmetal wrote:
racehd wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
racehd wrote:

Quote:

Tim Cusick

Agreed :) I posted that with intentional ambiguity about my sarcasm :)

They keep saying 4th quarter and there is just no reason they can't release it yet. For Windows 10 testing? What a bunch of BS.

They need to iron out all the problems with the iMac version before they can contemplate any Windows 10 testing.

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if the issues are part of the OSX specific code base.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
sentania wrote:
Ummm why do you need an upload button?

If you enter your user creds in WKO, and then use Device Agent to load them into WKO - magic happens.

I just connect my Garmin to my computer and WKO4 offers to import any new files for me (i.e., no Device Agent, no TrainingPeaks online, etc.).

IOW, no upload button, just "magic"...

2 questions:

1. How can I disable this magic? I have 2 computers, my Garmin 1000 and my daughter 810 and her rides are "magically" getting in to my profile when I connect her computer to upload to Strava. all she needs is Strava for now:)
2. How can I create/download Time In Power Zones chart by week and Month as the one I have on training peaks: http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...e1a/TimeinZonesChart

Thanks

WKO4 is awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?

They won't even make January.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcmetal wrote:
sentania wrote:
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?

I have nothing against TrainingPeaks and wish them well with this product. I once planned to buy it but not so sure now. All these delays certainly give lots of folks the incentive they need to get over the admittedly somewhat steep learning curve of Golden Cheetah and get up to speed on what is an incredibly powerful program. Just yesterday did a round of field testing and spent a fun hour or two analyzing the data in Aerolab, made the comment to my wife at one point, "This is just the coolest thing since sliced bread."
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
sentania wrote:
23 days to go!

Are they gonna make it?

I have nothing against TrainingPeaks and wish them well with this product. I once planned to buy it but not so sure now. All these delays certainly give lots of folks the incentive they need to get over the admittedly somewhat steep learning curve of Golden Cheetah and get up to speed on what is an incredibly powerful program. Just yesterday did a round of field testing and spent a fun hour or two analyzing the data in Aerolab, made the comment to my wife at one point, "This is just the coolest thing since sliced bread."

I'll second this. I e-mailed support last month and they said they were on-track for year end..but in the meantime I have been teaching myself GC. I haven't gotten super in-depth yet, but I have the basics. Not entirely where I stand on making the purchase now. Might just be sticking to GC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've learned and adjusted to GC this year after weening myself from WKO+ 3.0. I have a very hard time imagining what WKO+4.0 features could bring me to spend the money on a licence. GC has some intuitive UI problems initially and a few quirks but it is very very powerful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it GPA and GPR metric available with PowerTap pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rpmfreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you share one of your workout files I can try bringing it in to see. I suspect it does
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
file here https://dropmefiles.com/vdG8Q
it was record with Edge 1000.
Quote Reply

Prev Next