Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rpmfreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  In this video https://www.youtube.com/...skGICU-jM_bzecPQuAjC
Allen Hunter demostrate WKO true balance scatter chart. Is anybody khow where can download this chart or how configurate it from new.
Last edited by: rpmfreestyle: Feb 6, 16 1:43
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Tim WKO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't get the PMC in the Cycling Pack or Run Pack to filter on just cycling or running (they really should automatically filter on those sports). I have tried several times to select only cycling or running on the top right and it still gives me a combined PMC for all sports. The multisport pack lets me filter though and see bike only or run only.

Can you create a custom time range that applies to all athletes? When I click on the plus sign to add a new range it seems like my only option is to make that range specific to one athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use the multi sport PMC found in the library, designed to do what you want automatically. Let me know if that works.

Tim Cusick
TrainingPeaks WKO4 Product Development Leader
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The multisport pack does allow me to filter on an individual sport to see a PMC for cycling or running only so that works. I guess I don't see the point of the Cycling Pack and Run pack then if they don't allow you to filter only on cycling or running (or better yet, filter automatically). I'd rather have the cycling pack show me a cycling only PMC, the run pack show a run only PMC and the multisport pack show a combined PMC. That makes more sense to me than having to view a combined PMC under the bike and run pack but filtering on the multisport pack.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RPM,

All the different charts are available in the chart exchange. Click the Chart Library Icon on top left of the upper navigation bar and this will launch your chart library box. On the top right of that is a button that says MORE CHARTS, click it and it will launch TrainingPeaks Chart Exchange (also can find here but doing it in app easier... http://home.trainingpeaks.com/products/wko4/charts )

Scroll down and look reports. Ones with an A: are for athlete level reports, ones with a W: are for workout level. Scroll down through charts till you see "WKO4 PEDALING METRICS CHART". It is in that pack.

To install that pack just click install and it will automatically place it in your system. To watch this happen, simply have WKO4 open in the background to any workouts before you hit install and you will see it install and open (it happens fast and people don't always think it happens).

Hope that helps!

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid,

You can build it any way you want. So take a look at the CTL expression in the Cycling Only pack, it will be CTL. Now take a look at the RUN SPECIFIC ctl in the the Multi-sport pack it will read: tl(if(sport="run",tss),ctlconstant) ..... (the full formula for CTL for running as example)

So in your Cycling Pack you can add or change the data series. So assuming you want to REPLACE the current CTL with CYCLING ONLY do this:

1. Open your PMC chart pack
2. Click Config
3. In box on left you see the data series list
4. Scroll down to CTL - click on it
5. Now the config for that expression is on the right
6. The expression box should currently read: CTL
7. Delete that and use an "if" statement expression (you can see them in the multi sport pack)
8. To save you time, the statement is: tl(if(sport="bike",tss),ctlconstant)
9. Close config and look.

Now if you want to add the CYCLING ONLY as new line

1. Open PMC
2. Click Config
3. In the data series box on left, look at the bottom, small + sign, CLICK + to add a NEW Data series
4. Use the bike statement: tl(if(sport="bike",tss),ctlconstant)
5. Pick a color
6. Close config
7. Now you have both a full CTL and a CYCLING CTL.

And to just to help those that swim: tl(if(sport="swim",tss),ctlconstant) now you have all three formulas (bike, run, swim CTL)

Welcome to WKO4! We built this as an analytical tool, not a reporting system. If there is something you want to do with a chart or a report, pretty much EVERYTHING is doable. This means a longer learning curve but over time, you develop amazing analytics and totally custom workflow...but it takes some time.

One of the biggest challenges is learning expression. The easiest way is to look at the data series in charts, copy and paste (or edit them). There is a FULL EXPRESSION guide you can access in the HELP menu with all types of crazy things you can do.

Hope that helps!

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link to the recorded version of the Intro to WKO4 Webinar if interested:

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim WKO4 wrote:
RPM,

All the different charts are available in the chart exchange. Click the Chart Library Icon on top left of the upper navigation bar and this will launch your chart library box. On the top right of that is a button that says MORE CHARTS, click it and it will launch TrainingPeaks Chart Exchange (also can find here but doing it in app easier... http://home.trainingpeaks.com/products/wko4/charts )

Scroll down and look reports. Ones with an A: are for athlete level reports, ones with a W: are for workout level. Scroll down through charts till you see "WKO4 PEDALING METRICS CHART". It is in that pack.

To install that pack just click install and it will automatically place it in your system. To watch this happen, simply have WKO4 open in the background to any workouts before you hit install and you will see it install and open (it happens fast and people don't always think it happens).

Hope that helps!
Tim, unfortunately WKO true balance scatter chart is not including in this pack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm,

I can find it somewhere by my library massive, will post a link when i find it.....

Andy - do you have this one, pretty sure you made it?

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim WKO4 wrote:
Hmmm,

I can find it somewhere by my library massive, will post a link when i find it.....

Andy - do you have this one, pretty sure you made it?

I came up with the "true balance" idea, but ultimately decided that it was really a bit misleading and killed it off, or least tried to.

GPR, GPA, KI, and MEPF are my best shot at analyzing pedaling data, or at least that commonly available.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is right, knew there was a reason it was removed from that pack.

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If interested, join us for tonights webinar:

New Metrics and iLevels in WKO4
by Dr. Andrew Coggan

Webinar focused on defining new metrics and giving normative ranges and performance expectations, Dr. Coggan will present the reasoning behind and how to of the new metrics and iLevels.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4224129432545319426

I will post the recorded version here post upload.

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim, thanks for invite, but it will be difficult in Russia time. I hope I can download it next day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recorded version of Andy's webinar last night:

Tim Cusick
Last edited by: Tim WKO4: Feb 10, 16 3:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to have you here Tim

Question : if I update an old workout in WKO, say I add some post activity notes, will it synchronize with TP ?
I suspect it will if it's a newer workout but not old.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WKO4 will sync with TrainingPeaks based off settings found on the Athlete Details page. The goal of sync is to "synchronize" (we tend to think about sync as a way to get files, not synchronize) with TrainingPeaks. This means that information will move back and forth and keep them in lock step. Sync can (and should) be set to every hour, this means that once an hour your WKO4 automatically looks for any new data on TrainingPeaks ensuring you are always current. There are different sync options based off account types.

Coaches:
1. Download only - Coaching accounts download only to ensure they do not change an athletes data on TrainingPeaks. As the coach you use the data but do not own it so, for now, we are limiting the data to download only (see notes below).

Personal:
1. Upload and Download Options - since your data you can move it back and forth.

Now, in TrainingPeaks the notes are different and are built to allow for edits and actual back and forth comments. This function will allow for you to move notes back and forth in notes as you see fit. That being said, it is currently disabled till next week as we had concerns that people would struggle with it at first and create a whole bunch of oddities in TrainingPeak accounts. Will launch next week with instructions / videos.

One important caveat: WKO4 moves the actual original files back and forth, not summarized data. In TrainingPeaks Thresholds and Weight are stored as summary data in the TrainingPeaks files. This means that athletes weight and thresholds are NOT synced between the two. This is more complex then you think as goes back to ownership of data. In WKO4 you can use the weight and FTP history setting to change ALL historical files. What happens if you get a new athlete, review the data and decide to change their historical FTP, then you lose that athlete and when they look deeper at the data, see that you changed everything? This is an area (who owns the data) we need to create some solutions on that take this into consideration so watch for updates.

Hope that helps!

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That helps and the note sync is what I am seeing.
This is what I am trying to do

I have a bunch of workouts in TP, synced with WKO4

Those workouts contain data from my powermeter. However I also have the pwx files from my computrainer available, but not loaded. Over the years powermeters have come and gone, but 10w over, 25w under....but the one thing that has been consistent is my CT. So there are some key workouts I want to replace in both TP and WKO with the pwx from the CT.

Ideally I would like to delete the file in WKO, reload it using the CT/pwx file, add a comment and it gets syncronized in TP.

Suggestions ?

thanks for the quick responses
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can do that.

So open WKO4 and delete the workout you want, then drag and drop the .pwx files over WKO4 (not Device Agent). This will load them to your WKo4 account. Notes will be active next week so will need to sit tight to add your notes. Once that done I think it would be best to then delete the workouts in TrainingPeaks to avoid any issues, then sync up and down.

Make sense?

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes perfect sense.

I will wait for the update and do a test on one or two workouts before updating the rest.

thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great webinar last night, I have shoot you and email to get the charts that were presented.

I realized after last WKO4 update, some charts do not show anything on my WKO4, how I can reset them?

Eg: Zorro chart (I do have Garmin Vector pedals), Map chart shows no GPS info (there wer captured using Garmin 1000 outside and all other apps are showing GPS info) There is quite a few charts that are just blank.

I'm ready to do anything it takes: reinstall etc.

DO I just backup WKO4 folder with all data then copy/paste?

How I can uninstall WKO4 completly from my MAC to make sure new install copy fresh files?

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sebo,

Submit a ticket here and I can help you fix: http://help.trainingpeaks.com/tickets/new

Tim Cusick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
I realized after last WKO4 update, some charts do not show anything on my WKO4, how I can reset them?

Eg: Zorro chart (I do have Garmin Vector pedals), Map chart shows no GPS info (there wer captured using Garmin 1000 outside and all other apps are showing GPS info) There is quite a few charts that are just blank.

How did you get your data into WKO4? (Unless you brought in the native files, some important information may have been stripped out by the process you used.)
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:

How did you get your data into WKO4? (Unless you brought in the native files, some important information may have been stripped out by the process you used.)

Imported oryginal .fit files straight from my Garmin, I will open the ticket, thanks again for last night session, very cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:

Imported oryginal .fit files straight from my Garmin, I will open the ticket, thanks again for last night session, very cool!

Weird. Have you loaded the sensor data chart to see if the data (e.g., GPS coordinates) are actually there?

Also, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 for Andrew Coggan [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Andrew, good afternoon. I have a question about using the data from laboratory cycling ramp test with gas analyzer and lactate test (1mmol increase) (anaerobic treshhold data) and it use for FTP zone calculation. Does any equalation exists to calculate FTP from lactate treshhold. In your paper you mention that LT is 10-20% lower then FTP. But 10-20% is huge diference and it is impossible to do simple multiplication. How we can solve this problem?
Quote Reply

Prev Next