Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duncan wrote:
Alex,

Do you know how to modify the duration of data used for the P-D model from the default of 90 days?

Duncan

ftp(meanmax(power),90)
frc(meanmax(power),90)
pmax(meanmax(power),90)

The 90 in the above expressions is the rolling window of previous days used before the date each expression is calculated on. You can change the number of days to something else.

If you mean in the metrics displayed in the bar across the top of the window, those are not changeable AFAIK.

http://www.cyclecoach.com
http://www.aerocoach.com.au
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [AlexS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But you can display the mFTP over time as well as FRC.

Hamish

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Ummm why do you need an upload button?

If you enter your user creds in WKO, and then use Device Agent to load them into WKO - magic happens.

I just connect my Garmin to my computer and WKO4 offers to import any new files for me (i.e., no Device Agent, no TrainingPeaks online, etc.).

IOW, no upload button, just "magic"...
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [AlexS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlexS wrote:
If you mean in the metrics displayed in the bar across the top of the window, those are not changeable AFAIK.

So, quick poll: how many people would like to see this configurable, just like you can change how CTL/ATL/ramp rate are calculated on the top bar?

(Personally, I'm happy with things the way just they are, as 90 d was chosen based on sound physiological reasoning, and I tend to other values only for one-of charts. OTOH, it's an easy enough modification to make, and would be consistent with how you can modify, e.g. the CTL constant simply by clicking on the top bar.)
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Sep 22, 15 18:43
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, leave that as it is thanks. There's enough configurable stuff already!
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Trev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not just based on your best 20 min. It takes into account at least your best 60-minute normalized power and 60-minute average power plus some other factors that Dr Coggan won't disclose to prevent others from copying it. Personally I suspect that it looks for repetition of similar high values over the last 90 days but I could be way off.

I've found WKO4 to be mostly useful for analyzing past seasons' to see what kind of things I did that made a bigger difference. It's much easier to compare two seasons (or any other time period) and see them both on the screen either as a data table or as a graph. For me, that was worth upgrading for. There's also a lot you can do with custom expressions and formulas, but I realize not everyone is into that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Andrew,

Not sure if this is the best place to discuss this but you can always point me to the right person if this is innapropriate.

Like many I bought a MAC back in summer 2013 when WKO 4.0 was first announced and said to be for both MAC/PC but kept using PC with WKO 3 for the following two years. I bought WKO 4.0 for MAC the first day it was available and I'm excited about most of its features BUT (of course there must be a BUT of I would not be writing asking ;-) ) I have a few problems with it and I haven't seen people having those problems so I'm certainly doing something wrong and I could really use your help.

1) the biggest problem for me is how slow the software runs on my computer. I have 8GB of memory on my Macbook Pro and even if I close everything else (with lot of memory available 3-4GB cheched with memory clean) WKO4 is so slow it's almost a deal breaker for me to the point where I know prefer using my Training Peaks Premium account online and sync everything I do in Training Peaks so that it goes into WKO 4.0 but not the other around. In the past I was definitely doing 90% with WKO 3 and uploading to Training Peaks, not my WKO 4.0 runs so slow I end up doing the opposite which was definitely not the goal when switching to WKO 4.0. Let me specify that I tried all syncing options including manual syncing so that I'm sure it's not syncing that makes WKO 4 slow. To give you an idea, in my left bar I click on a workout, it takes like 20 seconds to open the workout (in the mean time I have the multi-color circle instead of the arrow as mouse sign), then I click on workout title and start typing my title if I'm lucky I can write it all if I'm not I write 3 words and the computer start "thinking" again (again multi-color circle instead of arrow). Then I'm done with my title I go on description and again it takes 10-20 seconds before I can start typing and it goes on and on every time I go to another option/menu/workout, etc. Since my computer is I think up to the task of running WKO 4 do you have any idea what might be causing all those delays ?

2) the second problem I face is with graphs, if I create or name a lap in a workout, I have those laps in WKO4.0 but when the workout is transfered to trainingpeaks the laps are not there.

3) finally since the latest build the workouts from my Garmin 620 don't go into WKO 4.0 through Training Device Agent, either they won't upload into WKO 4.0 or they do so I give them title description and so on and then when I sync with TP they simply disappear. The other way around does work though, if I create the run workout in TP and upload from the Garmin in TP then the workout will go (and stays there) in WKO 4 when I sync. My Garmin 510 and Garmin 920XT are still working so it's just the 620 that stopped working properly with WKO 4.

I'm really hoping I can fix those issues soon as I understand the potential of WKO 4 and I really want to enjoy it and discover more of all its features, it's just that at this point I tend to loose patience when using it and do what I have to do to have all my workouts in WKO 4 and TP but I don't play with it much more as it just takes forever to open files, graphs, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [pyf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyf wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Not sure if this is the best place to discuss this but you can always point me to the right person if this is innapropriate.

Like many I bought a MAC back in summer 2013 when WKO 4.0 was first announced and said to be for both MAC/PC but kept using PC with WKO 3 for the following two years. I bought WKO 4.0 for MAC the first day it was available and I'm excited about most of its features BUT (of course there must be a BUT of I would not be writing asking ;-) ) I have a few problems with it and I haven't seen people having those problems so I'm certainly doing something wrong and I could really use your help.

1) the biggest problem for me is how slow the software runs on my computer. I have 8GB of memory on my Macbook Pro and even if I close everything else (with lot of memory available 3-4GB cheched with memory clean) WKO4 is so slow it's almost a deal breaker for me to the point where I know prefer using my Training Peaks Premium account online and sync everything I do in Training Peaks so that it goes into WKO 4.0 but not the other around. In the past I was definitely doing 90% with WKO 3 and uploading to Training Peaks, not my WKO 4.0 runs so slow I end up doing the opposite which was definitely not the goal when switching to WKO 4.0. Let me specify that I tried all syncing options including manual syncing so that I'm sure it's not syncing that makes WKO 4 slow. To give you an idea, in my left bar I click on a workout, it takes like 20 seconds to open the workout (in the mean time I have the multi-color circle instead of the arrow as mouse sign), then I click on workout title and start typing my title if I'm lucky I can write it all if I'm not I write 3 words and the computer start "thinking" again (again multi-color circle instead of arrow). Then I'm done with my title I go on description and again it takes 10-20 seconds before I can start typing and it goes on and on every time I go to another option/menu/workout, etc. Since my computer is I think up to the task of running WKO 4 do you have any idea what might be causing all those delays ?

2) the second problem I face is with graphs, if I create or name a lap in a workout, I have those laps in WKO4.0 but when the workout is transfered to trainingpeaks the laps are not there.

3) finally since the latest build the workouts from my Garmin 620 don't go into WKO 4.0 through Training Device Agent, either they won't upload into WKO 4.0 or they do so I give them title description and so on and then when I sync with TP they simply disappear. The other way around does work though, if I create the run workout in TP and upload from the Garmin in TP then the workout will go (and stays there) in WKO 4 when I sync. My Garmin 510 and Garmin 920XT are still working so it's just the 620 that stopped working properly with WKO 4.

I'm really hoping I can fix those issues soon as I understand the potential of WKO 4 and I really want to enjoy it and discover more of all its features, it's just that at this point I tend to loose patience when using it and do what I have to do to have all my workouts in WKO 4 and TP but I don't play with it much more as it just takes forever to open files, graphs, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.

Support for WKO4 is handled by TrainingPeaks. Thus, although I do try to help people on forums like this one when I can, the official route is to open a support ticket with them. That helps them track the frequency of various issues, and also will put you in touch with people who have experience with, e.g., synching and multi-sport issues, i.e., things that I haven't touched (I'm not even much of a beta tester for cycling/cyclists, since I've not used the program much to analyze anyone's data except my own).
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duncan wrote:
Thanks, will try this out.

Another Q: I work with a number of specroscopy softwares and all of them give one some simple, direct way of zooming in and out different regions – e.g. CTRL/CMD + left click and drag of mouse to stretch or compress the x or y axis, then left click and drag to move along the axis. Are there any plans to implement such functionality on WKO+ 4? Would be quicker and more intuitive than "Horizontal Zoom".

I'll look through the feature requests and see if shortcuts for zooming have been added.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

I just connect my Garmin to my computer and WKO4 offers to import any new files for me (i.e., no Device Agent, no TrainingPeaks online, etc.).

IOW, no upload button, just "magic"...

Idem.

Still, I also copy all the .FIT files to a dedicated folder because I believe in always storing original data files.
Last edited by: duncan: Sep 23, 15 5:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on when the PC version will come out?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Bruizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bruizer wrote:

AFAIK the target remains the 4th quarter of this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question for Dr. C, or anyone else that might be able to answer.
In the WKO3 Classic Chart PMC Run Pack I am trying to set up a rolling 7 day range, the past 7 days. For the Athlete Range, what do I put in for From and To? tried a lot of different and obvious things but it didn't work.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
Question for Dr. C, or anyone else that might be able to answer.
In the WKO3 Classic Chart PMC Run Pack I am trying to set up a rolling 7 day range, the past 7 days. For the Athlete Range, what do I put in for From and To? tried a lot of different and obvious things but it didn't work.

You should enter:

today

and

today-6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, played around with it long enough that I finally got there. Appreciate the help and great product.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr Coggan,

do you know if WKO downloads some of the metrics from TP and plotted against something like a PMC ? Would be cool to see "Overall feeling" or even HRV against TSB for example
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Dr Coggan,

do you know if WKO downloads some of the metrics from TP and plotted against something like a PMC ? Would be cool to see "Overall feeling" or even HRV against TSB for example

I don't use TrainingPeaks, so am not certain. I believe, however, that WKO4 only pulls down the actual files (and associated notes), not anything else.*

*Weight might be an exception, as I know that was at least being worked on. Historical FTP settings, OTOH, are a no-go, since TrainingPeaks actually doesn't keep track of those (!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got myself WKO4 wow really cool app just started scratching the surface, I'm using TrainingPeaks as well.

I noticed numbers on Monthly Summary Report seems to be skewed.

Training Pekas and Strava show me October time 7:55:17 and 242km, but on Montly Cycling Summary report it shows 8:55:20 and 272.6km
What is funny that when I created custom range 2015/10/1 to 2015/10/31 and those values are also correct, so it looks like issue with Monthly Summary Report. Any clue how to fix that?

Screenshot below illustrates the issue: same range but different total time and distance

https://drive.google.com/...TEk/view?usp=sharing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr Coggan,

any way to get previous builds ? I let it update and the latest build is a mess for me. Can't sync without crashing. I ended up having to create a new athlete and it randomly crashes as it syncs.

Swimming sync has been a problem for weeks but now it's sync in general.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd really have to ask the folks at TrainingPeaks. My role in the development of WKO4 is simply that of a consultant.

IOW, while I'd like to be able to help, there really isn't anything I can do.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Oct 17, 15 10:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
You'd really have to ask the folks at TrainingPeaks. My role in the development of WKO4 is simply that of a consultant.

IOW, while I'd like to be able to help, there really isn't anything I can do.

thanks. I've submitted a few tickets lately, time for another I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having the same problem. I'm still on Build 193 (the update keeps failing on 196), and it's crashing every time I try to sync with TP. Ticket time, I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [crazyarm07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks.

where did you get 193 ? does it keep a backup somewhere before upgrading ? I am assuming you tried 193 and 196
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Build 193 is at this link: http://updates.wko4.com/wko4release/

I haven't used 196, can't get the update to work in WKO4, and I don't have a link like the above to get it.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Bruizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bruizer wrote:

+1. A bit jealous reading through this thread. Such a tease.
Quote Reply

Prev Next