Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
Is the "PMC Run Pack" supposed to filter on running? If all sports are selected on the right and I click on run pack it's giving me totals for all sports, not just running.

I'm not a multi-sport guy, so have never looked at that chart. But, if you select all sports at the top of the right-hand explorer, then every chart should reflect that data, *unless* the expression being used contains an additional filter (using the "if" function).

The question that I can't answer w/o investigating a bit further is whether that chart is functioning as intended, or if something fell through the cracks (filtering was originally done only at the chart level, but then added as part of the RHE, and not all of the default charts may have been properly updated).
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Andrew Coggan. I have one file . IN Mean max grosspower curve chart at 2s I see next GPR LEFT- 340, GPR RIGHT-457, GPA LEFT-284, GPA RIGHT -437. NPR left= 340-437= - 97. It means negative power on left phase at 2 sec effort? Is it possible?
Last edited by: rpmfreestyle: Jan 29, 16 7:52
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rpmfreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
have one file . At 2s I see next GPR LEFT- 340, GPR RIGHT-457, GPA LEFT-284, GPA RIGHT -437. NPR left= 340-437= - 97. It means negative power on left phase at 2 sec effort? Is it possible?
screen in attach.

Yes, it's possible, at least theoretically/mathematically.

Now whether your powermeter recorded the data correctly is a different question (and one beyond the control of WKO4).

If you change that analysis from a chart to a report and post a screenshot, I might be able to figure out precisely what's going on.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jan 29, 16 7:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How I can insert screenshot? Forum ask me url, but screen on my laptop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
How I can insert screenshot? Forum ask me url, but screen on my laptop

I use http://www.tinypic.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by rpmfreestyle [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just downloaded windows version.....

1st thing I noticed that my ATL, CTL, etc were way different between wko4 and TP. Once I got my threshold paces set up properly it looked better but I noticed my swim TSS is extremely different between TP and WKO. TP calculated todays swim at 60.6 and WKO has it at 27.

If I change my FTP or threshold pace in TP, will it update to WKO?

What about weigh in's? My scale automatically uploads to TP. Will it transfer over to WKO too?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, none of those (FTP, threshold swim/run pace, weight) update from TP to WKO. Hopefully the weight, at least, is something they are working on. Because of ability to historically change your FTP in TP I can see there could be issues if these transferred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rpmfreestyle wrote:
[/img]

Can you change that chart to a report, and also provide a screenshot of a report showing the standard ANT+ pedaling metrics? (I.e., balance, etc.)
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
Nope, none of those (FTP, threshold swim/run pace, weight) update from TP to WKO.

That's because, somewhat surprisingly, TP doesn't keep track of changes in your FTP, at least globally.

IOW, there are no updates to download/sync.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the best way to determine swim/run threshold paces?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was upload file here https://dropmefiles.com/T1JCy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I installed 4.0 and imported my files from 3.0. But it did it twice. Is there an easy way to delete the duplicates, or do I need to delete them all and re add them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

BTW (shameless plug): I'm doing a webinar next Tuesday evening (CST) on the new metrics/concepts in WKO4, including the individualized training levels. You may not be able to view it live due to the time change, but it will be recorded, so perhaps keep an eye out.

I can't find any details on that webinar on the site?
Your tuesday evening is middle of my work day wednesday so the timing could be good.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Wylde06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wylde06 wrote:
So I installed 4.0 and imported my files from 3.0. But it did it twice. Is there an easy way to delete the duplicates, or do I need to delete them all and re add them?

No easy way, at least that I know of anyway, other than repeating the import. Before doing so, though, you might check to be sure that the files aren't already duplicated somehow. If not, and it happens again, please report the bug.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:

BTW (shameless plug): I'm doing a webinar next Tuesday evening (CST) on the new metrics/concepts in WKO4, including the individualized training levels. You may not be able to view it live due to the time change, but it will be recorded, so perhaps keep an eye out.

I can't find any details on that webinar on the site?
Your tuesday evening is middle of my work day wednesday so the timing could be good.

It's this one:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9028331140903205378

I've been asked to talk a bit about the numerous novel metrics, then Tim Cusick is going to follow up (I think?) and talk about a bit more mundane things, like how to navigate around the program.

EDIT: Oops, my bad! I see that it is listed for next week, not this one. I'll therefore need to check to see if I've got it wrong, or if they do.

EDIT 2: Okay, after checking the email invite, I was off by a week - it's next Tuesday, Feb. 9.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Feb 1, 16 4:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Wylde06 wrote:

No easy way, at least that I know of anyway, other than repeating the import. Before doing so, though, you might check to be sure that the files aren't already duplicated somehow. If not, and it happens again, please report the bug.

Will do it again tonight after work. I will check to see if there are duplicates but im not too sure why there would be. Stranger things have happened I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
marcag wrote:
I was able to use the expression "stamina"

I added it to the PD history metric chart. Stamina on the Y axis, date on the X. Is this correct ?
It seems to stay at 82% over the last 90 days.

I am doing this right ?
What do you look at to calculate it ?

Is 82 good :-) ?

Yeah, I see now that the PC version has been updated. Now just need to make sure the Mac version is fixed in the next build (which should be out very soon).

Calculation is proprietary, but note that it simply uses whatever date range is selected via the RHE. IOW, it's not been set up yet to be able to specify a trailing window to calculate a stamina history, like you can for Pmax, etc. (Still need to add the error calcs as well.)

It's a bit too early to provide any firm guidelines, but 82% is probably close to average.

Bringing this from the other thread

Without giving out secrets, knowing what impacts the stamina calculation would be interesting

For Q1 2015 I was 89%, 90% for Q2, 94% for Q3 and 87% for Q4, but 96% for the first 30 days of Q4. The trend makes sense, I peaked for a HIM.

Where I get sceptical about the metrics is when I don't understand how they are generated.

Here is an example
On November 15th I did a ramp test that sent my FRC way up, although mFTP seems fine
But then Dec 23rd it drops down and my mFTP rises to 321 for no reason. While I would love it to be true, my FTP is not 321 :-) The only thing I see is on the Dec 23rd workout I have 1182w for 1s duration in the MMP chart, 734w 2s, 587w 3s and it tapers off normally....that doesn't sound too crazy. Maybe it's the problem. My pMax went way up

Without understanding what causes these fluctuations, I don't know if I trust the numbers.
My 321w mFTP is wrong
That 96% stamina for the 30 days of Q4 seems high.

Last edited by: marcag: Feb 1, 16 9:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe my internet ninja skills are weak today..but where do I enter a beginning value for CTL/ATL? Its an option in 3.0 and on TP, but I haven't found it and my numbers are off right now compared to 3.0.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Where I get sceptical about the metrics is when I don't understand how they are generated.

Here is an example
On November 15th I did a ramp test that sent my FRC way up, although mFTP seems fine
But then Dec 23rd it drops down and my mFTP rises to 321 for no reason. While I would love it to be true, my FTP is not 321 :-) The only thing I see is on the Dec 23rd workout I have 1182w for 1s duration in the MMP chart, 734w 2s, 587w 3s and it tapers off normally....that doesn't sound too crazy. Maybe it's the problem.

It is. Simply put, your powermeter has recorded some bogus data, which affecting the curve fit. (I'm constantly amazed by how often this happens and people don't even notice, or think it's no big deal.)

This article describes how to edit fix bad data:

http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...Fix-Bad-Data-in-WKO4

As for which points to eliminate, I'd use a chart that shows both the actual and modeled mean maximal power data (e.g., http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...h-error-calculations), start by deleting/editing the 1 s value, re-apply the chart, and iterate until there is reasonably close agreement between the two (although I am generally loathe to discard data, one of the advantages of modeling in this context is that Pmax is based on multiple data points, such that there's not much danger to following the rule-of-thumb, "when in doubt, throw it out."
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Wylde06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wylde06 wrote:
Maybe my internet ninja skills are weak today..but where do I enter a beginning value for CTL/ATL? Its an option in 3.0 and on TP, but I haven't found it and my numbers are off right now compared to 3.0.

That's a good question! Since my PMC stretches back 15+ y, it's been a while since I had to seed it...let me check into it and get back to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
As for which points to eliminate, I'd use a chart that shows both the actual and modeled mean maximal power data (e.g., http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...h-error-calculations), start by deleting/editing the 1 s value, re-apply the chart, and iterate until there is reasonably close agreement between the two

BTW, note that even the example chart shown clearly contains bogus data at 1 and 2 s, and possibly even beyond that. Looking at those early points, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever provided the actual data (I only created the chart file) used/uses a PowerTap hub (the accuracy of which suffers at shorter durations due to aliasing).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
marcag wrote:

Here is an example
But then Dec 23rd it drops down and my mFTP rises to 321 for no reason. While I would love it to be true, my FTP is not 321 :-) The only thing I see is on the Dec 23rd workout I have 1182w for 1s duration in the MMP chart, 734w 2s, 587w 3s and it tapers off normally....that doesn't sound too crazy. Maybe it's the problem.

It is. Simply put, your powermeter has recorded some bogus data, which affecting the curve fit. (I'm constantly amazed by how often this happens and people don't even notice, or think it's no big deal.)

This article describes how to edit fix bad data:

http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...Fix-Bad-Data-in-WKO4

As for which points to eliminate, I'd use a chart that shows both the actual and modeled mean maximal power data (e.g., http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...h-error-calculations), start by deleting/editing the 1 s value, re-apply the chart, and iterate until there is reasonably close agreement between the two (although I am generally loathe to discard data, one of the advantages of modeling in this context is that Pmax is based on multiple data points, such that there's not much danger to following the rule-of-thumb, "when in doubt, throw it out."

thanks. That fixed it. There was 1 data point. That one 1182 watts for 1sec, threw everything off and my mFTP went up 30watts.

"I'm constantly amazed by how often this happens and people don't even notice, or think it's no big deal".
You are right. I wonder if people will have the attention and patience to correct every spike in every file to maintain these metrics.

Which brings back to the point that it's important to understand what impacts what. I am looking forward to more info on stamina. If accurate it sounds like a great metric.

Once I like all my reports/dashboard/charts, is there a way to take the whole thing and apply it to another athlete ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The carriage return in the post-activity notes didn't seem to migrate from v3 to v4. This really impacts the readability.
Quote Reply

Prev Next